Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Thread: Ladies Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    So true. Back then we could only holler and scream about the judging overall, not element by element.
    It was more fun back then.

So true. Back then we could only holler and scream about the judging overall, not element by element.
    Didn't we? Folks were always griping about "underrotated" jumps, flutzes, turn outs, poor edge control, etc... now they just have a judging system to back them up.

Tripping on the Podium
    I have Communication 1790 open to page 14 and I am not seeing those particular errors listed at all.
    Thank you Mathman.
    I hate it when people make up baseless comments and state them as facts

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphiresky View Post
    Thank you Mathman.
    I hate it when people make up baseless comments and state them as facts

I have Communication 1790 open to page 14 and I am not seeing those particular errors listed at all.

That's because in this stupid communication turnouts are only mentioned for jump combinations. Likewise, a turnout on a normal jump is still a bad landing and would deserve a -1 or -2. A touch down of the free foot on the landing is a separate mistake and deserves -1, I hope you see that.

Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Oh the nitpicking on scores, which neither changes the final result or standing. It's things like this that I feel nostalgic about 6.0 when fans would just enjoy performances instead of questioning judges' scores on individual elements.

Yeah, because under 6.0 people never questioned the judges marks and "just enjoyed the performances".

The point of all this however is, that Mao Asada (like Patrick Chen on the men's) is getting all those inflated GOEs because of her name and past success (she got showered with generous GOEs for her triple axel and several other underrotated jumps in the LP as well) and not based on the things that actually happened on the ice which is simply wrong judging and needs to be improved in the future.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I love Mao but Akiko's short program is my fav of the season so far, I just rewatched it, she is the female Daisuke, she dances there, lovely choreo.

I agree, Seniorita - Akiko's SP is something very special.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20