Ladies Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Cant believe some people think Radionova should be 2nd ???? Cmon, Alena leonova has better components than that girl. If anyone should have have received higher components its Satoko, who has 10 times more maturity in her skating than radionova. Some of you are completely deluded.

In terms of Mao's 3A which was clean. I agree with most judges that it deserved minus 2. remember that you still have to consider the positives of the jumps as well as the negatives

elif

Medalist
Mao's 3A was rotated enough to get full base value, every commentator whether British, German, or Russian said so, so why don't you finally accept it !

When turning on the ice became acceptable? I can't believe you think I should believe commentators and not my own eyes.:rolleye: And you should know British Eurosport guys saying this could be underrotated. Even they are saying real time not slow motion. Somehow they are going with judges. Maybe because they are loving Mao, I love Mao too. But I can't understand why she is turning on the ice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LqUFNuGuG8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUpmadplEROgHA_9m0Cse1Gg

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
She landed at the 1/4 mark. Having a quarter rotation on the ice is not an under-rotation. It is only if it is more than a 1/4 which it was not.

mary01

Final Flight
When turning on the ice became acceptable? I can't believe you think I should believe commentators and not my own eyes.:rolleye: And you should know British Eurosport guys saying this could be underrotated. Even they are saying real time not slow motion. Somehow they are going with judges. Maybe because they are loving Mao, I love Mao too. But I can't understand why she is turning on the ice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LqUFNuGuG8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUpmadplEROgHA_9m0Cse1Gg

I'm not saying you should only believe one commentator, but several commentators who all said it was fully rotated, as well as the technical panel who also said so, they cant possibly all be wrong!

elif

Medalist
She landed at the 1/4 mark. Having a quarter rotation on the ice is not an under-rotation. It is only if it is more than a 1/4 which it was not.

At best she is only doing 3 rotation on the air. :rolleye: They are always giving her underrotation call for 2Lo. Which looking cleaner than her 3A. :rolleye:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
So true. Back then we could only holler and scream about the judging overall, not element by element. :)

Didn't we? Folks were always griping about "underrotated" jumps, flutzes, turn outs, poor edge control, etc... now they just have a judging system to back them up.

David21

On the Ice
:clap: Thank you Mathman.
I hate it when people make up baseless comments and state them as facts :rolleye:

:laugh:

I have Communication 1790 open to page 14 and I am not seeing those particular errors listed at all.

That's because in this stupid communication turnouts are only mentioned for jump combinations. Likewise, a turnout on a normal jump is still a bad landing and would deserve a -1 or -2. A touch down of the free foot on the landing is a separate mistake and deserves -1, I hope you see that.

Oh the nitpicking on scores, which neither changes the final result or standing. It's things like this that I feel nostalgic about 6.0 when fans would just enjoy performances instead of questioning judges' scores on individual elements.

Yeah, because under 6.0 people never questioned the judges marks and "just enjoyed the performances".

The point of all this however is, that Mao Asada (like Patrick Chen on the men's) is getting all those inflated GOEs because of her name and past success (she got showered with generous GOEs for her triple axel and several other underrotated jumps in the LP as well) and not based on the things that actually happened on the ice which is simply wrong judging and needs to be improved in the future.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I love Mao but Akiko's short program is my fav of the season so far, I just rewatched it, she is the female Daisuke, she dances there, lovely choreo.