Ladies Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy

Great skate from Marchei. Strong on pretty much all elements. Really solid jumps with secure landings and decent flow out. Good flow throughout. Elegant. :)

I don't remember seeing preceding steps before the 3salchow though. Although maybe she just took a long break.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Perkova's "Pirates of the Caribbean" is one of the worst choreographed SPs I have ever seen. When she originally competed it, she at least showed a lot of attack and expression. Tonight's performance was slow and sluggish.

No redeeming features whatsoever.

This ^. Mother of God that's horrendous. Front loaded, audience-pandering, I found it a bit desperate in its striving to be cute. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

samson

Medalist
Am I the only who noticed that Scott Brown is with Gracie in NHK, not Frank Carroll?

The former State Senator from MA? He wouldn't be my first choice for coaches but hey... who am I to judge.

Just kidding. ;)

Does Scott work with Frank?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Marchei - Attention please--a woman is skating. What a refreshing change from all the little girl programs.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Gracie GOLD (USA)

Music: Three Preludes by George Gershwin

3Lz+2T - clean, but bit slow on lutz landing in order to add 3T
StSq
FCSp
3Lo - stepout
2A
LSp
CCoSp

Two smaller mistakes, but not too bad either

SP: 32.55+30.28=62.83, in 2nd out of 7 (tied with Radionova)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Same exact score as Elena, but Gracie is declared to be second. TES is the tiebreaker right?

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
I don't agree with the score that Gracie got :mad:
The triple loop was clearly underotated and she doesn't deserve so high PCS, Valentina Marchei skating was much better than this!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I don't agree with the score that Gracie got :mad:
The triple loop was clearly underotated and she doesn't deserve so high PCS, Valentina Marchei skating was much better than this!

The loop wasn't underrotated.

The score makes sense to me. She got 69+ for a clean program with a 3-3, so a 62 with a 3-2 and a step out on the 3L makes sense. She also racks up a lot of points on spins.

caitie

Medalist
Gah, I just can't get behind Gracie's music choice for her SP. It was a decent skate. Her arms really give me Evan Lysacek flashbacks, though. I wouldn't say it's flailing, exactly... it's just not my preferred style.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mao ASADA (JPN)

Music: Nocturne in E flat major op. 9, no. 2 Andante by Frederic Chopin

3A - twofooted, turnout. Rotation looked borderline < on replay
3F - solid
CCoSp
FCSp
3Lo+2Lo
StSq - very nice and smooth
LSp

Lovely skate. Not perfect, but lovely. Should take the lead easily

SP: 36.89+34.37 = 71.26, in 1st out of 8

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I don't understand why Zoueva thought the music was a good fit for Gold's style. You want to go with "serious jazz" then why not some of Duke Ellington, which at least has more swing than the Gershwin--and would suit her style better. Just a thought...