Ladies Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy

Shayuki

Record Breaker
A bit curious about 5-7 point difference in components between the Japanese and Radionova o_O

samson

Medalist
66.03. A season's best. She looks surprised and I'm surprised too! But anyway good for her.

Overall it felt like kind of a lackluster event. All the ladies looked a little timid out there, except Valentina and Elena R.

I'm also sad about Mirai's sp, but hopefully she can get after the free skate and really show us what she's got.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
hahahaha 66+ and she more mistakes than at SC

At Skate Canada her 3-3 was actually 3-3< = 7.00 -0.5 GOE = 6.5

3-2 = 5.4 points. She likely got some + GOE, so was close to that 6.5 if not higher.

The PCS is not even a point higher.

ETA: Protocal show she got 6.1 for that combo, not too far from her combo at Skate Canada. She actually got level 4 everything and some high GOE on both the step sequence and the spin. That made up the points she lost on the two jump mistakes.

Asada's 3axel didn't get <. No complaints from me as it was close so gotta give her benefit of the doubt. Between cheat, two-foot and turnout though, I have a hard time imagining GOE being above -3 (deductions are cumulative).

Performance was stunning though. That program suits her so well. Best she's ever had, IMO.

szidon

On the Ice
Now I watched the slomo of Asada's two-footed 3A at the British Eurosports. How could Asada get 71 points with the two-footed jump?

apple123

On the Ice
There is Japanese inflation here :mad:

The real result should have been :

1. Mao Asada
2. Elena Radionova
3. Valentina Marchei
4. Gracie Gold
5. Akiko Suzuki

Oh, please. Akiko is so much better at performing than any other of the young girls. Her PCS is so deserved.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Asada got 71 points by having better Components than Kim Yu-Na did in her world record SP

ciocio

On the Ice
Asada got 71 points by having better Components than Kim Yu-Na did in her world record SP

So what??:confused: PCS are increasing each season, in Sochi probably both Mao and Yuna will have higher PCS than in Vancouver.

katymay

Medalist
Oh, please. Akiko is so much better at performing than any other of the young girls. Her PCS is so deserved.

True, her actual performance quality is unmatched. She makes those watching feel joy! It reminds me of the skaters of yesteryear (Hamill, Lynn). I also love how, right before she took her place, she AND her coaches were laughing. Probably a good idea for many nervous skaters.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Well, Elena Radionova's improvised 3Lo + 3T was clearly the most valuable element of the night. I guess that's a positive...

Sara

On the Ice
There are other competitions today, he probably has other commitments.

His other top skaters (Denis and Evan) don't have competitions this weekend. It's possible that one of Carroll's junior skaters has but somehow I thought he would be with Gracie in NHK.