Ladies Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program: 2013 NHK Trophy

Mao88

Record Breaker

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
There's a real divide though, isn't there, between the girls and the women. It's one of the reasons why I find Leanova's program such a disaster: she's a woman trying to skate as a girl. Gold is having a similar in kind though different problem: that difficult transition between a cute girly program and a mature womanly one. Just something I was thinking about as I watched the SP here.

Sara

On the Ice
Akiko certainly deserved to be 2nd today! What a lovely programme. Elena fought really well despite the recent injury. Ugh, I've never liked Alena Leonova too much. Her SP and costume wasn't good at all. I don't think she has any chances to be on the oly team...

PftJump

On the Ice
Watching Today's Skating...that Slo-mo...

I am very sure that Asada practicing two-footed Landing 3A on purpose.

Selene

On the Ice
Akiko was way overscored for a 3t-2t combo and a skaky 3f. NHK Trophy is always a joke, with the over scoring for Japanese skaters.

Elena is such a fighter, to come back with that 3lo-3t in the second half of her program.

She is the opposite of Gracie. That music is so awful, and she looked so slow and had no projection to the audience. She had a fluke 2011-12 season where she was consistent with her jumps. Now, she is only a slightly better version of Agnes.

Mirai is done. The girl cannot rotate her jumps.

Besides Ashley, the US ladies are so disappointing to me this season. They aren't competitive internationally.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS (By Starting Order) - Updated

Warm-Up Group 1

1. Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN) Short Program
2. Mirai NAGASU (USA) Short Program
3. Elena RADIONOVA (RUS) Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Elene GEDEVANISHVILI (GEO) Short Program

Warm-Up Group 2

5. Alena LEONOVA (RUS) Short Program
6. Valentina MARCHEI (ITA) Short Program
7. Gracie GOLD (USA) Short Program
8. Mao ASADA (JPN) Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
9. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) Short Program, 2nd Copy

RESULT

Overall Result, Segment Result, Protocols

hurrah

Medalist
Mao's spins are sooo... dare I say it, 'textbook'! Incredible centering, beautiful positions and acceleration.

mary01

Final Flight

The problem with your assumption is only, that she didn't have any twofoot but a turnout, and she also kept landing it perfectly in practice

mary01

Final Flight
Mao's spins are sooo... dare I say it, 'textbook'! Incredible centering, beautiful positions and acceleration.

I also noticed the acceleration, I also really liked the delay in the air win Mao did her jumps, nice height and ice coverage on the Flip and Axel too!

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Why Radionova receive a lot of -2 and -3 for her triple lutz ? I was thinking that a hand on the ice in the rule was only -1 :think:

Kirk

Rinkside
Asada's 3axel over 1/4 short (although it was close, maybe just under), two-footed slightly (toe-pick touched on landing) and turned out.

Mao gets a 71+ with a two footed > axel ?
Akiko should get 69+ on this

Asada's 3axel didn't get <. No complaints from me as it was close so gotta give her benefit of the doubt. Between cheat, two-foot and turnout though, I have a hard time imagining GOE being above -3 (deductions are cumulative).

Performance was stunning though. That program suits her so well. Best she's ever had, IMO.

Now I watched the slomo of Asada's two-footed 3A at the British Eurosports. How could Asada get 71 points with the two-footed jump?

The problem with your assumption is only, that she didn't have any twofoot but a turnout, and she also kept landing it perfectly in practice
Yes it was two-footed as others including British euro guys have noticed and pointed out. What did you watch?

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Mao landed a perfect 3axel in the 6-min warmup, and several in the morning practice. So that's a fact :)

Can't get over how beautiful Mao's SP is! :love: Did she change some choreography from SA? Her entrance into 3loop/2loop? Her spins are so centred and the extension is beautiful! Her delicate step sequence is so delicious (and the ice coverage!)! Her 3flip looked quite big and landing smooth (compare that to her strange flip she did in 2010)!

Akiko's skating is such a joy. I used to think of her as merely an entertaining skater with a lot of passion but lacking polish. The improvement she's made (and she's considered old in skating) is incredible. Case in point- her layback! She'll never have the flexibility of Mao et al. Instead she creates a nice position with speed variations. She's my 2012 World Champ (or at least a silver medalist)!!

Radionova's "recovery" 3-3!!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Why Radionova receive a lot of -2 and -3 for her triple lutz ? I was thinking that a hand on the ice in the rule was only -1 :think:

When she did the 3Lo+3T, the 3Lz become her solo triple jump. As there were no preceding steps, the judges had to be harsher with GOE.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Mirai NAGASU (USA)

Music: The Man I Love by George Gershwin

Blue ombre dress

3F<< - e, stepout
CCoSp
FCSp
3Lo+2T - maybe < on both, bit scratchy
StSq
2A - scratchy, turnout
LSp - nice as always

Iffy on all the jumps, that gonna cost dearly on TES

SP: 23.61+27.40 = 51.01, in 2nd out of 2

Thank you everyone for the PBPs. I think this is as far as I can bare to read...:slink:

Okay I'm still here. This has to be Mirai's worse showing ever in the SP. She mentioned boot issues on twitter last week but I think that would be just an excuse. Oh Mirai. :'(