Short Dance: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Short Dance: 2013 NHK Trophy

caitie

Medalist
C/L's costumes strike me as very similar to another pair who skated at CoC maybe... but I can't remember who.

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
They got 2 penalties. What was the other one for?
Might have been a time deduction for their lift.

They really need to work on self control, that program seemed to overwhelm them.

Shibutanis skating the same program for the 3435th season, with the same total lack of expression, just set to different music.

I've seen Novice teams with more personality and character.

Yes technically it was good but *yawn*.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Shibutanis skating the same program for the 3435th season, with the same total lack of expression, just set to different music.

Now Now. That's sounds crabby to me. I love the Shibutanis.

samson

Medalist
Didn't realize this was already happening! At least I'm not missing an entire event and a half tonight lol!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

At this point, they need to hit the levels. That's what hurt them the last two seasons. And they did better here and that's pretty noteworthy considering that the tech controller seems to be strictler.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Shibs were absolutely adorable tonight! He still makes me nervous every time he goes into a twizzle, but overall a very nice program and performance.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I like I/K's program, but I think their TES is going to be below the Shibs. PCS will keep it close though.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Also Elena is about the headpieces. She has one for swan lake too.. Is that the "headband of 2013" :laugh:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I/K--his twizzles made me think "there must be medication for that." Other than that it is a completely unremarkable program for me. Total throwback to pre-Torvill/Dean days. Yawn.

Lovely program from Ilynikh/Katsalapov. Very smooth skating throughout, good lines, a lot of upper body movement.

I was expecting another Morozovian monstrosity but this wasn't bad.

Technically not as sharp as Shibutanis though.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
61.35 for elena and nikita. i fear for his twizzles everytime.

tulosai

Record Breaker
She looked not thrilled w/ that score fora second then pulled it together with a big smile. I liked the dance overall I hope they will keep improving through the season.

GOoooo C/L!!!

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
That SD is miles better than B/S's mess.

Also, does anyone else think Elena looks a lot like Nathalie Pechalat?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And I/K is behind the Shibs AND Giles and Poirier in TES. Yikes.