Short Dance: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Short Dance: 2013 NHK Trophy

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks I'll give it a try! I guess I'm just extra frustrated since I shelled out all that money to have a feed that won't work. : /

The feed works fine for me. What browser are you using?

samson

Medalist
I'm using Chrome. Which usually works just fine. Maybe if I try it in firefox or safari. I didn't think of that!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I wonder if Elena and Nikita know what Sixteen Tons is about. :)

Clearly not. They are not dressed as a Coal Miner & Loretta Lynn, which they would be if they "got" the song. She doesn't look like anyone who owes her soul to the Company Store. There are quite a few teams using 16 Tons. It's like their coaches used the top song in a list of "Songs in Foxtrot" or "Songs in Quickstep" rhythm.

An odd plus-I changed cable companies and found that I could purchase TVJapan as an option. They are carrying the whole of the ladies & men's SP, and it looks like all of the LP's- just not live. :) I don't know whether the Pairs LP or the Dance FD will be aired.

It's so nice to be able to watch all the skaters on a decent sized screen.

I can't wait to see what else they'll have! Japanese Nationals :bow: :bow:

elif

Medalist
I/K still getting good GOE for finstep. Better than Shibutanis. Same for step sequence. Better GOE than Capellini/Lanotte and Shibutanis. 0.28 off from Davis/White. Judges really loves I/K.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I/K still getting good GOE for finstep. Better than Shibutanis. Same for step sequence. Better GOE than Capellini/Lanotte and Shibutanis. 0.28 off from Davis/White. Judges really loves I/K.

The Shibutanis and Capellini/Lanotte are smart for focusing on getting levels/key points. You can only make up so much for levels in +GOE.

At Skate America, the Shibutanis had 26.50 BV, got 3.80 in GOE and an overall score of 61.26. Here they had 28.50 BV, 3.43 GOE and an overall score of 63.09 and have a two point lead on I/K despite I/K having a 2 point lead in PCS and a 1.15 lead in GOE. The Shibs got 5.50 more in BV.

Doesn't take a math genius to see which strategy was more effective.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
The Japanese fans are enthusiastic about ALL the disciplines! Lucky them to have witness the future 2014 Olympic Champions Davis & White! :biggrin:

apple123

On the Ice
But then Voir hasn't skated off home soil yet. So it will be very interesting to see how they do.

Finally some posters make sense. It's quite possible that V/M's score will raise without the American technique assistant on board.

elif

Medalist
The Shibutanis and Capellini/Lanotte are smart for focusing on getting levels/key points. You can only make up so much for levels in +GOE.

At Skate America, the Shibutanis had 26.50 BV, got 3.80 in GOE and an overall score of 61.26. Here they had 28.50 BV, 3.43 GOE and an overall score of 63.09 and have a two point lead on I/K despite I/K having a 2 point lead in PCS.

I/K needs to get levels up. If they can they are bronze medal favorites. Even Capellini/Lanotte or Bobrova/Soloviev didn't get those GOE. Even at Skate America where scores are inflated. You can fix levels. Unlike GOE. You can see from Shibutanis scores.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I/K needs to get levels up. If they can they are bronze medal favorites. Even Capellini/Lanotte or Bobrova/Soloviev didn't get those GOE. Even at Skate America where scores are inflated. You can fix levels. Unlike GOE. You can see from Shibutanis scores.

You can also improve in GOE as well just not as much as you can by fixing levels. The Shibutanis still have room for improvement as well, they got level 3 on both Finnsteps. They are capable of getting to level 4 on pattern dances.

elif

Medalist
You can also improve in GOE as well just not as much as you can by fixing levels. The Shibutanis still have room for improvement as well, they got level 3 on both Finnsteps. They are capable of getting to level 4 on pattern dances.

I know at skate america and skate canada judges gave level four like candy but that is hard. Even some top teams didn't get at time of the world championships. Maybe Shibutanis can do this year but they will not get good GOE because of the skating quality. They are still skating small.

Bobrova/Soloviev's 65 and Pechalat/Bourzat's 63 don't look that bad anymore.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

thats a joke right if you think the Shibs are better than I/K
Shibutanis scoring higher in GOE wont happen, all they always relied on was level which unfortunately I/K are inconsistent with

if I/K ever get their levels all up they will beat anyone B/S, C/L even W/P

HR4

On the Ice
I love Elena!!!))
Levels kill them, but really counting from what I see from their Swan Lake, their components will be even higher in fp. If levels are up+ Sochi- I really would bet on them as the best 3rd place contender. But I am very biased of course. Still, from the amateur look- they blew Shibs away

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I love Elena!!!))
Levels kill them, but really counting from what I see from their Swan Lake, their components will be even higher in fp. If levels are up+ Sochi- I really would bet on them as the best 3rd place contender. But I am very biased of course. Still, from the amateur look- they blew Shibs away

they have really something special but as usual their inconsistencies kill their chances :disapp:
I'd doesnt matter they wont make the GPF as long as they hit all their levels in Europeans and by Olympics
they can still be bronze medal contention if that happens

wallylutz

Medalist
To me D/W are IMMENSELY improved since SkAm in this dance. I can honestly see it as an Olympic gold winning short dance now. They have added a LOT of nice touches and once they smooth out the final lift a bit I think it is really going to be a beauty. Awesome.

Well, their score here turned out to be much lower than Skate America and barely equal to V/M who had twizzle problem in Skate Canada. Let's just say declaring them the next Olympic Champions now is a tad bit premature.

wallylutz

Medalist
Just a reminder, D/W haven't broken their world record yet. :biggrin:

ETA: And they won't today. 73.70. The tech controller was clearly much stricter than in Skate America.

Alternatively, one could also say Skate America's scores were overly inflated. Not just in Dance, the other events in SA felt like they were handing out candies for free. D/W have clearly improved but their scores have become lower by 2 points. It goes to show why scores shouldn't be compared between different events.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Skate Canada were inflated too.

scores in NHK were only fair in Dance and Pairs, also inflated in Ladies in Men

by ranking of most inflated GP so far

1 SC - known as the most shady GP event
2 SA
3 NHK

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Alternatively, one could also say Skate America's scores were overly inflated. Not just in Dance, the other events in SA felt like they were handing out candies for free. D/W have clearly improved but their scores have become lower by 2 points. It goes to show why scores shouldn't be compared between different events.

Nor should results at a single event be taken as some Omen From Heaven about who is going to be standing where on and off the Olympic podium. Man if I could predict the future like that I would use it for something really useful--like buying lottery tickets in every single state in the country!