Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gracie's SP

Rinkside
    Gracie Gold can you stop moving your arms so much? Her arm movements are very distracting and it's not even pretty. It's like a crazy lady swinging her arms left and right. That music sucks too.....

Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    I hate it because the violin part has been unnecessarily embellished...
    That is the aspect of the music that sounded so much different in the You Tubes compared to the network TV version. When they showed it on TV somehow the balance between the violin and piano had been adjusted correctly. Made all the difference.

I love it and it is something Caro or Ashley would do well. It shows the fast, fiery Gold. She is great...now for the LP-I can't get into it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    That is the aspect of the music that sounded so much different in the You Tubes compared to the network TV version. When they showed it on TV somehow the balance between the violin and piano had been adjusted correctly. Made all the difference.
    I dunno watching it on TV last night the violins were painfully overbearing.

Custom Title
    At first I hated her music and now It begins to grow on me..=) I with she had the consistency to skate it clean. If so, the impression about it would be so much better. I liked it at SC.

Quote Originally Posted by skatinggold View Post
    Gracie Gold can you stop moving your arms so much? Her arm movements are very distracting and it's not even pretty. It's like a crazy lady swinging her arms left and right. That music sucks too.....
    I agree about the arm flailing, it is too much.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinggold View Post
    I just got HDTV, it all makes me dizzy.

Custom Title
    Someone needs to tell GG to "stop with the flailing arms" - it's so irritating (along with her fingernails-on-a-blackboard music). Some folks complained about Dick Button's comments back in the day but his observations of OTT things like this are missed (wasn't Dick the one who called it "hanging laundry"?)

Custom Title
    Personally I don´t like her sp music, but I don´t have to, LOL. The main thing is that she has a good programme which - if skated faultlessly - will bring her excellent scores. And she interprets the music really well and the choreography (including the arms) suits the music perfectly, in my opinion.

I hope Gracie has the sense to keep away from skating forums and concentrate only on the feedback she is getting from the judges.....

Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    Personally I don´t like her sp music, but I don´t have to, LOL. The main thing is that she has a good programme which - if skated faultlessly - will bring her excellent scores. And she interprets the music really well and the choreography (including the arms) suits the music perfectly, in my opinion...
    I am tremendously impressed with this program now that I can lower the volume on my tv. Her arms ARE constantly moving, but so is her entire body. Maybe you have to have skated or danced to get it. She's not just doing Urmanov or Lysacek flailing arms, her entire body is into it. This has probably now become my favorite SP of the season, due to its obstinance and universal hatred. I love it.

Custom Title
    Her short program music is too screachy and frantic. It's not good skating music. And she looks like a windmill with all of her arm flailing, trying to interpret it.

Her programs are both bad, but she could score very well with them if she had any jump consistency. But her technical ability has all but vanished. She is lucky to land 3 clean triples in her long programs now. She had no 3Lz-3T or 2A-3T in her programs at NHK. She won't beat Ashley Wagner or anyone of note (and she hasn't, all season) if she doesn't sort out her jump issues. Her technical ability is non-existent right now. And I don't think Frank slowing her down (and she looks as slow as molasses out there now) is doing anything to help her jumps. I wish she would skate to showcase her strengths, rather than reduce her speed and skate to programs that don't suit her in a futile effort to be considered an artist.

Um, didn't she land the 3Lz+3T at SC just two weeks ago in both programs? I wouldn't say that it's "gone".

Custom Title
    I'm optimistic on Gracie. She is making progress with her presentation. I think she's a diligent and motivated learner. She already has the jumps -- the scale, the rotations -- and that's a huge asset to capitalize on when she go forward with improving on other aspects of her skating. It might be a much bigger asset in the long run, than some pre-puberty consistency with smaller jumps. She's young, and I hope she continue with the competitive career until 2018, no matter she end up on the podium at Sochi or not.

~high art~
    I like the music, and Ekaterina Gordeeva did a fantastic job with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    Um, didn't she land the 3Lz+3T at SC just two weeks ago in both programs? I wouldn't say that it's "gone".
    Too bad she didn't have the rest of her jumps two weeks ago either.

She has potential, sure. But she's not going to go the way she wants to if she doesn't sort out her "jump" issues.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast