Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Gracie's SP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    I like the music, and Ekaterina Gordeeva did a fantastic job with it.
    I'm sorry, since when is Gracie Gold even remotely near or on the same level as Ekaterina Gordeeva when it comes to artistry and interpretation?

Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Too bad she didn't have the rest of her jumps two weeks ago either.

She has potential, sure. But she's not going to go the way she wants to if she doesn't sort out her "jump" issues.
    That was in response to "her jumps are gone, esp her 3+3". I don't think it's that they are gone, I think it's that she's getting settled in a new training environment and style and just isn't there yet with that training method. Give her the time between now and Nationals as she and FrankC learn each other more and she gets more settled. She looked a lot more settled at SCI with FrankC at the boards and a little unsettled with Scott Brown this past weekend. I am sure that FrankC is working on her mental game - which is where she needs the most focus - as he's been good with that for a self motivated skater that just needs confidence (which is how I'd describe her).

~high art~
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    I'm sorry, since when is Gracie Gold even remotely near or on the same level as Ekaterina Gordeeva when it comes to artistry and interpretation?
    I didn't say something like that though? Please don't twist my words.

Yes, the problem is Gracie/her inability to interpret "unusual" music. She could use some other pieces that could help her.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3