Pairs Free Skating: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skating: 2013 NHK Trophy

samson

Medalist
Well I actually thought that was improved from Skate America. Honestly I was surprised at the unison they showed in the side by side spins. They usually struggle with that, and I thought they showed a lot more polish and style this time around. At Skate America they still looked like they were figuring it out to me, but without they American inflation...

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Well I actually thought that was improved from Skate America. Honestly I was surprised at the unison they showed in the side by side spins. They usually struggle with that, and I thought they showed a lot more polish and style this time around. At Skate America they still looked like they were figuring it out to me, but without they American inflation...
Samson- we were posting at the same time! See mine above. You and I are in complete agreement. Much more polish and style!

It is a real shame that Lawrence/Swiegers are so inconsistent given how their choreography has improved and how much effort they've been putting into presenting their programs. :(

Castelli/Shnapir's program had some very interesting connecting movements but I felt that it wasn't very coherent and it didn't work particularly well as a whole.

Why did she keep hitting that "doll" pose? I take it they're skating to a movie soundtrack?

The music at the start sounded like a music box so it seemed very appropriate.

Really? I thought it was because JSF didn't want to give Tran Japanese citizenship.

JSF is a figure skating federation and giving Tran citizenhip is far out of their scope. They were, however, lobbying the Japanese government to grant him the exception (chances were almost none since even though there are provisions in the law, they have never been invoked so far).

tulosai

Record Breaker
Argh I wish they'd get on with it. I know I sound like an old curmudgeon but it's way past my bedtime :)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The evolution of the Trankov's yellow pants continues apace: it looks like they decided against the ombre effect (though that could be an effect of my monitor). I love that they have their own Twitter account.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER (USA)

Music: Notre Dame de Paris (soundtrack) by Richard Cocciante

3Tw - bit hard catch
3LoTh - good distance, smooth
3S - he twofooted, stepout, rotation seems ok on replay
ChSq
2A+2A+SEQ - she twofoots 1st, turnout on 2nd
CCoSp
FiDs
Li - lasso, change of direction and position
3STh - hands down
Li
Li - lasso, platter on one foot, star
PCoSp

Three messy landings, I think they'll move behind C/S

Score: 54.10+55.08 = 109.18 (PB), 167.85 (PB), in 2nd out of 5

tulosai

Record Breaker
Mkay so first of all I like D/F. I think they are a huge hope for American pairs in the next quad and they have great presence. But I seriously wonder if no one has explained to them what Hunchback is about and they also haven't bothered to do some rudimentary googling. It's the only thing that can logically explain her smiling like it's the happiest moment of her life for the entire ending and large portions of the beginning and middle.

Frazier looks like such a broski, really out of place, it's making me smile each time. ;)

Lots of small mistakes. They have potential but are rough around the edges at the moment. I hope they work on improving their basics.

EVAMARIA

On the Ice
This young Russian pair has really nice matching lines and good looks. I like the boy's sunny personality. The girl needs more positive attitude. I don't blame her though considering what happened to her yesterday.

Totally agree with you :) those lines are rare and about her jumps she still has time. She is only 18

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Frazier looks like such a broski, really out of place, it's making me smile each time. ;)

Lots of small mistakes. They have potential but are rough around the edges at the moment. I hope they work on improving their basics.

Ziggy, I totally agree. He's hulking and stiff and looks like he's wandered in from rugby practice. But I really like them as a pair and agree they have excellent potential. They just need time, seasoning, and polishing.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I can't get over feeling like I'm watching a girl skate with her uncle, big brother, or even father! She looks 10 and he is HUGE and looks like a big adult man.