Pairs Free Skating: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Pairs Free Skating: 2013 NHK Trophy

sapphiresky

Rinkside
Poor Sui/Han...I hope Han gets better soon, and that Sui wasn't hurt too much from all those falls. Eek. It seems like he probably didn't have the strength to lift/throw...

V/T- It's amazing how they do what they do. Their throws, to die for...omg. I can watch those throws over and over on replay. :jaw:
They obviously know they're good though- and he's not the most humble person I hear...
They have a lot of confidence going into the OG- and that's probably the most important factor: To know that you are good and the judges like you.

marcolee925

Rinkside
No, I don't think so: the tiebreaker is the TOTAL amount of points that a skater receives during the two GPs and S/H are behind P/Z with this extremely low score here... P/Z will be the 6th pair to make it to the final I think (not completely sure, though) unless something disastrous happens to one of the top couples

You are absolutely right. Thanks for that.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/gp2013/gpspairs.htm

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
This reminds me I think of that Italian coach with Shipland - didn't she give her partner the stare of death at the Olympics in I believe 2006? I just remember this woman with a rather harsh look giving the Joan Collins/Susan Lucci stare. I think it is her - well it looks like her - that was a moment that will long be remembered in Olymic history. She really had that witch with a capital B look (oops sorry if that is too nasty).

Yes that is Babs - as others have pointed out. The same one who did the death stare down of her partner after the OD in 2006.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
I recently noticed when you start to type "Barbara Fusar-Poli" into google, the first three suggestions that pop up are "Barbara Fusar-Poli stare," "Barbara Fusar-Poli death stare" and "Barbara Fusar-Poli glare." :biggrin: