Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Pairs Free Skating: 2013 NHK Trophy

Custom Title
    Les Mis is the new Carmen. I'm done with the music, but apparently the skating world IS NOT.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I'm tired so I'm gonna be honest and perhaps slightly offensive, w/e. M/R desperately need to give up and move on. She is a hopeless case and will never land jumps, I don't care what pretty positions they can hit. He could maybe make some magic happen with a new partner in the unlikely event that he can find a good one at the age of 25 (unlikely but not impossible, mind you). She also looks like she hates life when she's out there which doesn't endear them to me, good line or not.
    I totally agree. She has always been inconsistent and whilst in the past, they had interesting programs, this season I see no redeeming features. Choreography is bland and she skates like a zombie. Why bother?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by macy View Post
    any british streams?
    It seems that Eurosport UK is not broadcasting the Pairs Free Skating event live:http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/search.shtml?query=Figure

Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    He's basically skating the program alone. Selling it the best he could. She was a zombie out there.
    When is she never a zombie? For me her facial expression ruin anything they have going not to mention her falls, etc.

Custom Title
    Ok I think I know who Alexei reminds me of... Joubert!!!!!!!!

Poor thing... he did the best he could for both of them. His partner looked high as a kite...just saying.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Narumi TAKAHASHI / Ryuichi KIHARA (JPN)

Music: Les Miserables by Claude-Michel Schoenberg

3T+2T - she's bit wonky on 3T, adds only 1T
    2Tw - slow and low
    Li - lasso
    3S - she twofooted, maybe UR
    ChSq
    3LoTh - twofooted, stepout
    Li - position change into star
    FCCoSp - decent unison
    Li - lasso, one hand change
    3STh - twofooted
    BoDs - could be lower
    PCoSp

Lots of little mistakes, and the "pair" quality is not yet there.

Score:42.61+43.98 = 86.59 (PB), 136.13 (PB), in 2nd out of 2

Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    Les Mis is the new Carmen. I'm done with the music, but apparently the skating world IS NOT.
    Same with James Bond for that matter. I seen enough at Skate America to last a lifetime.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    I wish Takahashi/Kihara would take one year to practice before competing. Because neither the elements, nor the program (well it wasn't a program, it was a series of elements) were competition ready by any standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I wish Takahashi/Kihara would take one year to practice before competing. Because neither the elements, nor the program (well it wasn't a program, it was a series of elements) were competition ready by any standards.
    Yeah. I do, actually, see some potential there, and she is lovely, but they are nowhere close to soup. They obviously want to go to Olys though.

Custom Title
    Also not sure what's happening with the music in the background. I didn't realize this was Portland circa 1991...

I'm surprised by how low their score is compared to the Russians. They are not gelled at all as a pair yet, but I still enjoyed them more than the Russians. Oh well. I guess either way I'm not that invested in them yet...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Same with James Bond for that matter. I seen enough at Skate America to last a lifetime.
    I'm not quite there with James Bond yet, but in time I may well be.

Custom Title
    Siudi on the panel, wheeeeee!

Samson, I think that this is one of the better seasons for Pairs I can remember in recent years. Both Chinese teams are looking fantastic. V/T have great elements. L/S show a lot of character. C/S have very creative and interesting programs. This is a fantastic Pairs event!

As for Martiusheva/Rogonov, the less said the better. :P She looked like she wanted to be anywhere else but on the ice.
    I agree with Ziggy. I too have been checked out of pairs for a few years but there are a lot of good ones now. V/T are thrilling and exciting. I think Denney and Frazier have promise for the US.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    Also not sure what's happening with the music in the background. I didn't realize this was Portland circa 1991...

I'm surprised by how low their score is compared to the Russians. They are not gelled at all as a pair yet, but I still enjoyed them more than the Russians. Oh well. I guess either way I'm not that invested in them yet...
    I agree, Samson. I thought they were much more enjoyable and clean than the Russians!

skating philosopher
    Or the JSF would've just let Takahashi/Tran be. I mean they went to all this trouble and they still don't have a Japanese pair at the Olympics. Sure they can be at the team event, but I'm not sure how much of a gain that is.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Paige LAWRENCE / Rudi SWIEGERS (CAN)

Music: Oz - The Great and Powerful

3T - she falls, he doubles
    3Tw - low catch
    2A+1T - both does it
    FCCoSp
    BoDs - could be lower
    ChSq - small stumble on hold steps
    Li - lasso, position change
    3LoTh - solid
    Li - lasso, one hand change