ChSq
3LoTh - twofooted, stepout
Li - position change into star
FCCoSp - decent unison
Li - lasso, one hand change
3STh - twofooted
BoDs - could be lower
PCoSp

Lots of little mistakes, and the "pair" quality is not yet there.

Score:42.61+43.98 = 86.59 (PB), 136.13 (PB), in 2nd out of 2

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Les Mis is the new Carmen. I'm done with the music, but apparently the skating world IS NOT.

Same with James Bond for that matter. I seen enough at Skate America to last a lifetime.

I wish Takahashi/Kihara would take one year to practice before competing. Because neither the elements, nor the program (well it wasn't a program, it was a series of elements) were competition ready by any standards.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I wish Takahashi/Kihara would take one year to practice before competing. Because neither the elements, nor the program (well it wasn't a program, it was a series of elements) were competition ready by any standards.

Yeah. I do, actually, see some potential there, and she is lovely, but they are nowhere close to soup. They obviously want to go to Olys though.

samson

Medalist
Also not sure what's happening with the music in the background. I didn't realize this was Portland circa 1991...

I'm surprised by how low their score is compared to the Russians. They are not gelled at all as a pair yet, but I still enjoyed them more than the Russians. Oh well. I guess either way I'm not that invested in them yet...

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Siudi on the panel, wheeeeee!

Samson, I think that this is one of the better seasons for Pairs I can remember in recent years. Both Chinese teams are looking fantastic. V/T have great elements. L/S show a lot of character. C/S have very creative and interesting programs. This is a fantastic Pairs event!

As for Martiusheva/Rogonov, the less said the better. :p She looked like she wanted to be anywhere else but on the ice.

I agree with Ziggy. I too have been checked out of pairs for a few years but there are a lot of good ones now. V/T are thrilling and exciting. I think Denney and Frazier have promise for the US.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Also not sure what's happening with the music in the background. I didn't realize this was Portland circa 1991...

I'm surprised by how low their score is compared to the Russians. They are not gelled at all as a pair yet, but I still enjoyed them more than the Russians. Oh well. I guess either way I'm not that invested in them yet...

I agree, Samson. I thought they were much more enjoyable and clean than the Russians!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Or the JSF would've just let Takahashi/Tran be. I mean they went to all this trouble and they still don't have a Japanese pair at the Olympics. Sure they can be at the team event, but I'm not sure how much of a gain that is.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Paige LAWRENCE / Rudi SWIEGERS (CAN)

Music: Oz - The Great and Powerful

3T - she falls, he doubles
3Tw - low catch
2A+1T - both does it
FCCoSp
BoDs - could be lower
ChSq - small stumble on hold steps
Li - lasso, position change
3LoTh - solid
Li - lasso, one hand change
RLi - change of direction, carry
3LzTh - fall
PCoSp

Two falls, problems on both sbs jumps. Still better than SP

Score: 50.34+52.43-2.00 = 100.77, 153.55, in 1st out of 3

samson

Medalist
Why did she keep hitting that "doll" pose? I take it they're skating to a movie soundtrack?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^guess something is better than nothing re T/K.

The Canadians are a hot mess.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I really :love: L/S even though they never are able to pull it together. To me, they have IT. Now if only they could have IT and also hit their elements :bang:

I agree, Samson. I thought they were much more enjoyable and clean than the Russians!

The lifts were strained, precarious, barely held and two-footed. Twist had almost no height. She two-footed both throws and the 3salchow (Takahashi/Kihara).

Or the JSF would've just let Takahashi/Tran be. I mean they went to all this trouble and they still don't have a Japanese pair at the Olympics. Sure they can be at the team event, but I'm not sure how much of a gain that is.

Apparently JSF was persuading Takahashi to continue with Tran. It was her decision.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
The lifts were strained, precarious, barely held and two-footed. Twist had almost no height. She two-footed both throws and the 3salchow (Takahashi/Kihara).

Apparently JSF was persuading Takahashi to continue with Tran. It was her decision.

Really? I thought it was because JSF didn't want to give Tran Japanese citizenship.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR (USA)

Music: Skyfall (James Bond soundtrack) by Thomas Newman

3Tw - solid height, landed could be less harsh
2T+2T - she singles 2nd toe
4STh - twofooted, turnout
FCCoSp - unison good
ChSq
3S - he falls
RLi
3STh - diff entry, clean
BoDs
PCoSp
Li - star into carry
Li - lasso, slight hesitant on entry

Big mistakes on both sbs jumps (again), twofooted quad throw

Score: 55.30+55.99-1.00 = 110.29, 168.89, in 1st out of 4

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
They are so close on the 4S. She completed the rotation in the air. She just needs to pull the free leg faster.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I thought this was a stronger performance overall for them than their last outing. They looked sharper and more energized. Some of the choreography is really cool.