Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Pairs Free Skating: 2013 NHK Trophy

Custom Title
    Why did she keep hitting that "doll" pose? I take it they're skating to a movie soundtrack?

^guess something is better than nothing re T/K.

The Canadians are a hot mess.

I really L/S even though they never are able to pull it together. To me, they have IT. Now if only they could have IT and also hit their elements

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    I agree, Samson. I thought they were much more enjoyable and clean than the Russians!
    The lifts were strained, precarious, barely held and two-footed. Twist had almost no height. She two-footed both throws and the 3salchow (Takahashi/Kihara).

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Or the JSF would've just let Takahashi/Tran be. I mean they went to all this trouble and they still don't have a Japanese pair at the Olympics. Sure they can be at the team event, but I'm not sure how much of a gain that is.
    Apparently JSF was persuading Takahashi to continue with Tran. It was her decision.

Custom Title
    his gun holster looks like a toepick accident waiting to happen

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The lifts were strained, precarious, barely held and two-footed. Twist had almost no height. She two-footed both throws and the 3salchow (Takahashi/Kihara).

Apparently JSF was persuading Takahashi to continue with Tran. It was her decision.
    Really? I thought it was because JSF didn't want to give Tran Japanese citizenship.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR (USA)

Music: Skyfall (James Bond soundtrack) by Thomas Newman

3Tw - solid height, landed could be less harsh
    2T+2T - she singles 2nd toe
    4STh - twofooted, turnout
    FCCoSp - unison good
    ChSq
    3S - he falls
    RLi
    3STh - diff entry, clean
    BoDs
    PCoSp
    Li - star into carry
    Li - lasso, slight hesitant on entry

Big mistakes on both sbs jumps (again), twofooted quad throw

Score: 55.30+55.99-1.00 = 110.29, 168.89, in 1st out of 4

Custom Title
    Is he a power lifter?

They are so close on the 4S. She completed the rotation in the air. She just needs to pull the free leg faster.

Custom Title
    I thought this was a stronger performance overall for them than their last outing. They looked sharper and more energized. Some of the choreography is really cool.

Custom Title
    Well I actually thought that was improved from Skate America. Honestly I was surprised at the unison they showed in the side by side spins. They usually struggle with that, and I thought they showed a lot more polish and style this time around. At Skate America they still looked like they were figuring it out to me, but without they American inflation...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    Well I actually thought that was improved from Skate America. Honestly I was surprised at the unison they showed in the side by side spins. They usually struggle with that, and I thought they showed a lot more polish and style this time around. At Skate America they still looked like they were figuring it out to me, but without they American inflation...
    Samson- we were posting at the same time! See mine above. You and I are in complete agreement. Much more polish and style!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Is he a power lifter?
    He looks it. She practically shoots into the air with each lift.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    Samson- we were posting at the same time! See mine above. You and I are in complete agreement. Much more polish and style!
    hahah! that's funny! great minds...

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    It is a real shame that Lawrence/Swiegers are so inconsistent given how their choreography has improved and how much effort they've been putting into presenting their programs. :(

Castelli/Shnapir's program had some very interesting connecting movements but I felt that it wasn't very coherent and it didn't work particularly well as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    Why did she keep hitting that "doll" pose? I take it they're skating to a movie soundtrack?
    The music at the start sounded like a music box so it seemed very appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    Really? I thought it was because JSF didn't want to give Tran Japanese citizenship.
    JSF is a figure skating federation and giving Tran citizenhip is far out of their scope. They were, however, lobbying the Japanese government to grant him the exception (chances were almost none since even though there are provisions in the law, they have never been invoked so far).

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast