Men's Free Skate: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Skate: 2013 NHK Trophy

Becki

Medalist
I can't wait to show Dai's program to my kids and my husband. He simply floats across the ice and at the same time skates with such intensity and passion. Gorgeous to watch. If he doesn't win, I'll be horrified. Even with the mistakes, head and shoulders above Oda.

There's a 0% chance Dai won't win :p

caitie

Medalist
Great program, even with the mistakes. A big improvement from Skate America.

I don't even think NBC bothered to air Takahashi's Skate America performance in their recap IIRC. So much better, lol. I'm really happy for Takahashi and Jeremy, I hope this boosts their confidence and their seasons improve from here.

Becki

Medalist
At least I predicted Daisuke as second :p can't believe I doubted him at all! so glad he proved me wrong :)

Does anyone know how this live TES thing works? Does it include GOE, < and << calls, etc.?

Yep, it appears so. It also gets revised as soon as the panel changes a level/ur call. It must be connected directly to the IJS program.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I don't even think NBC bothered to air Takahashi's Skate America performance in their recap IIRC. So much better, lol. I'm really happy for Takahashi and Jeremy, I hope this boosts their confidence and their seasons improve from here.

Yes, and I think it will help Adam's confidence too to have two strong competitions. Love Love Love Takahashi and Jeremy and Adam- such beautiful, complete skaters and true artists.

flaneur

On the Ice
Happy for Daisuke to be able to put down a strong program for his adoring fans :)

I just realized that the song that ends the program is "The long and winding road"... how apropos!

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Yep, it appears so. It also gets revised as soon as the panel changes a level/ur call. It must be connected directly to the IJS program.

I'm not sure abt this, actually. Oda's live TES in the short wasn't revised to take the panel's level/ur calls.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Happy for Daisuke to be able to put down a strong program for his adoring fans :)

I just realized that the song that ends the program is "The long and winding road"... how apropos!

Flaneur I was just thinking the same thing about the long and winding road ad hoping the Japanese fans were getting this as he was embracing them in that beautiful last section.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Not the highest level competition, many skaters failed pretty greatly. Still, Oda did super well in FS after that injustice. Well deserved silver. Takahashi also did super well overall, I wasn't expecting this.

macy

Record Breaker
jeremy got a medal, my day is 154821275211X better. i am SO proud of him. great skates from dai, adam, and oda. bedtime for me, definitely not staying up for ladies. almost 4 am here...nope.

rosacotton

Final Flight
And the unpredictable men prove yet again to unpredictable! (My predictions went out the window.) Congratulations to the medalists! Can't wait to see videos. :)

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
jeremy got a medal, my day is 154821275211X better. i am SO proud of him. great skates from dai, adam, and oda. bedtime for me, definitely not staying up for ladies. almost 4 am here...nope.
But Macy, we have to watch Jeremy in the medals ceremony, don't we?! :)

Icey

Record Breaker
Max has a lot of work ahead of him. Could he end up not making the O team? Oda and Abbott were IT for me tonight.

samson

Medalist
Man that was a beautiful skate from Dai. I have to say, to me, Patrick's programs are just exquisite this year, but if Dai was looking for two pieces to rival what Patrick is doing I think he found them.

If both these men can rise to their technical best it's going to be just extraordinary. I think they both have found vehicles that showcase everything that is wonderful and magical about both of them.

I'm very happy to see Dai finding his form again.