Men's Free Skate: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Skate: 2013 NHK Trophy

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Max has a lot of work ahead of him. Could he end up not making the O team? Oda and Abbott were IT for me tonight.

I think Max is in serious danger of not medaling at Nationals unless he turns things around fast. Adam is having a great season and is the surest thing right now, other than Evan if he returns. Jeremy, Jason Brown, Josh Farris all big podium threats.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Man that was a beautiful skate from Dai. I have to say, to me, Patrick's programs are just exquisite this year, but if Dai was looking for two pieces to rival what Patrick is doing I think he found them.

If both these men can rise to their technical best it's going to be just extraordinary. I think they both have found vehicles that showcase everything that is wonderful and magical about both of them.

I'm very happy to see Dai finding his form again.

Won't it be wonderful if both Patrick and Dai skate gorgeously at the Olympics? I think it will turn on lots of people to figure skating. They exemplify everything that is unique and beautiful, moving and transporting about the sport.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Not nearly as much as it ultimately dropped, though.

Oda's score did drop to around 43 even in the tech box. It continuously dropped over time. They also seem to add some preliminary GOEs in obvious cases, the tech box certainly doesn't only have base values... And apart from Oda's case, it's been very accurate(around 97-98% accuracy most of the time)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Well done Daisuke! I'm so happy he's back!!! And I hope it'll get even better from now on.

lady_bee

Medalist
Agree!
I prefer Miyamoto or Camerlengo for him.

I love Beatles' music, but not really like this "medley".

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think he was counting his triples:biggrin:
I am so happy that he did great job this time!

Yeah, I was so paranoid about the math thing! He popped the 4T-3T into a 3T-1T then decided to put the a 3T at the end of his 3A (he usually does 2T) so I'm like.....AHHHH don't repeat any more jumps except your axel!!

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Why no Medals Ceremony yet?? Should I stay up a little longer or is it not happening soon? Does anyone know? I CANNOT WAIT to see Jeremy on the podium and to hear the ovations for Dai!

flaneur

On the Ice
Javier looked rattled and all over the place tonight. But unlike the other competitors this was his first event of the season.

Congrats to Daisuke, Oda and Abbott! (haha. with this podium I feel like we are back in the mid to late 2000s)

samson

Medalist
Alright thought it would be fun to do a quick calculation of where the men are at in standings for the Grand Prix.

I think it will be:

1. Daisuke (24 points)
2. Nobunari (24 points)
3. Adam (22 points)
4. Jeremy (16 points)
5. Takahiko (16 points)
6. Tatsuki (15 points)
7. Patrick (15 points)
8. Han Yan (15 points)
9. Max (15 points)
10. Maxim (13 points)
11. Yuzuru (13 points)
12. Jason (7 points)
13. Javier (7 points)
14. Richard (7 points)
15. Joshua (7 points)

If I got the tie breakers right I think that's how it all falls right now. Adam is right on the bubble right now. Odds are Patrick, Han and Tatsuki will make the final.

Javier probably took himself out of the running with that skate tonight, but he still could help Adam by defeating Maxim in Russia where Tatsuki and Evgeny will also be skating, but he's going to need to skate much better.

I will be surprised if Yuzuru doesn't get the silver in Paris and honestly all he would need is a bronze to get past Adam and into the final, but as we know Hanyu is full of surprises.

I still think it's too early to tell but right now my guess for skaters in the final in no particular order:
Dai
Nobu
Patrick
Tatsuki
Han Yan
Yuzuru

With Adam and Maxim on the bubble

But as we know the ice is slippery and anything can happen!

Becki

Medalist
Alright thought it would be fun to do a quick calculation of where the men are at in standings for the Grand Prix.

I think it will be:

1. Daisuke (24 points)
2. Nobunari (24 points)
3. Adam (22 points)
4. Jeremy (16 points)
5. Takahiko (16 points)
6. Tatsuki (15 points)
7. Patrick (15 points)
8. Han Yan (15 points)
9. Max (15 points)
10. Maxim (13 points)
11. Yuzuru (13 points)
12. Jason (7 points)
13. Javier (7 points)
14. Richard (7 points)
15. Joshua (7 points)

If I got the tie breakers right I think that's how it all falls right now. Adam is right on the bubble right now. Odds are Patrick, Han and Tatsuki will make the final.

Javier probably took himself out of the running with that skate tonight, but he still could help Adam by defeating Maxim in Russia where Tatsuki and Evgeny will also be skating, but he's going to need to skate much better.

I will be surprised if Yuzuru doesn't get the silver and honestly all he would need is a bronze to get past Adam, but as we know Hanyu is full of surprises.

I still think it's too early to tell but right now my guess for skaters in the final in no particular order:
Dai
Nobu
Patrick
Tatsuki
Han Yan
Yuzuru

But as we know the ice is slippery and anything can happen!

That would be an all Asian Men GPF :p or the ethnic Chinese vs Japanese.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Javier looked rattled and all over the place tonight. But unlike the other competitors this was his first event of the season.

Congrats to Daisuke, Oda and Abbott! (haha. with this podium I feel like we are back in the mid to late 2000s)

Actually, Fernandez competed at the Japan Open about a month ago with these programs. This was his first Grand Prix event, but not his first event this season.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Well, he always reminds me angeles in Raffaello's paintings.

Me too! but I love the Botticelli idea, Flaneur.

Either way, he is simply beautiful. Whoever ends up marrying him will be a lucky person! Just imagine waking up to that face/those curls!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

This is the second time that Daisuke and Noburnari finished 1-2 at NHK Trophy. THe last time was way back in 2006!

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Hi Hikki! I LOVE Daisuke! He is just transcendent.

Hi wordsworthgirl! I'm so happy Daisuke came back! According to my inner sources (=Japanese fluff pieces), with the Beatles Medley program he wants to say arigato to all the people who influenced him. Cheesy yes, but I'm a sucker for cheese and tonight's performance put me in tears hehe. The music after the mid slow section and beyond is so beautiful.

Aren't we lucky with Patrick and Daisuke? Both very different styles. Both so admirable.