Men's Free Skate: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Skate: 2013 NHK Trophy

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Woah, Jeremy did a somewhat clean program! Good for him.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Jeremy ABBOTT (USA)

Music: Exogenesis Symphony Number 3 (Redemption) by Muse

Dark grey pants. Red shirt with sorta "rainbow puddle" or "space" splatter (new)

3T - not enough height to do quad
3A+3T - very nice
CSSp
3F+2T
StSq
2A
3A - ok, hung on
3S - stepout
3Lz+2T+2T - lutz looked < on replay
3Lo
FUSp
ChSt
CCoSp

No quad, but solid for his current standards. He looks very happy. 8 triples total

Score: 78.25+80.38=158.63 (SB), 237.41 (SB)

caitie

Medalist
Really happy for Jeremy having such a good skate (finallyyy)! I hope there's more where that came from.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I'm crying! SO happy for Jeremy! He looked so relieved and joyful! and he was really performing with joy and serenity that last minute. Got to wipe away my tears!

Beautiful performance from Abbott. Landed most of his jumps. Composed, purposeful movement.

The choreography seems watered down since last season, unfortunately.

samson

Medalist
And Jeremy finally woke up. It's amazing to see how his technical score still was only marginally higher than Max's even though all the elements were executed at such a higher level.

That was a gorgeous skate. Too bad he missed the opening quad, but this program looked like he actually trained it. I was taken to another place. Bravo.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
158+ He seems disappointed, but I think that's the best score we've seen from him in a long time.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
And Jeremy finally woke up. It's amazing to see how his technical score still was only marginally higher than Max's even though all the elements were executed at such a higher level.

That was a gorgeous skate. Too bad he missed the opening quad, but this program looked like he actually trained it. I was taken to another place. Bravo.

Me too! He transports me. I think his score should have been much higher- all elements executed at such a higher level.

ISU has really went overboard with the value of quads, IMO.

macy

Record Breaker
Jeremy just did that. He just did that. Omg. I cried. I fist pumped. That was amazing. I am so happy.

But he was underscored.

flaneur

On the Ice
I always find this program lovely. I now associate exogenesis with this program and HBO's 24/7 Penguins vs. Capitals :laugh:

samson

Medalist
He was very underscored in my opinion. I'm interested to see the protocol to understand why. That program and that score is a moment when the IJS drives me nuts. But I'll wait till I see the protocol.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Lol at Eurosport not being synchro, I m hearing the jumps before i see them!:laugh:
Jeremy was awesome and kudos for keeping Muse program!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Me too! He transports me. I think his score should have been much higher- all elements executed at such a higher level.

He did have a few small errors. 158+ is quite good with no quad. For perspective Max got 162+ at Skate America with a quad, 3A-3T and 3Z-1L-3S in the back end.

Jeremy, sadly, is also notorious for losing levels on his spins, so that might be a possibility as well.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
:) I think the spell worked.

Sweetskates!!! so glad you are here! Are you a little teary like I am? Seeing his face in the last minute of the program was what brought on the tears- he looked so happy!
and did you hear Dungeon say "monkey off the back" when he came off the ice?!