Ladies Free Skate: 2013 NHK Trophy | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Skate: 2013 NHK Trophy

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
The Japanese broadcaster showed Mao and Akiko arriving at the arena. I'm so excited!!

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Do any of you know when the mens medal ceremony is scheduled to happen? I don't think I can stay up much longer but I really want to see it!

samson

Medalist
Did they skip the pairs ceremony too? Maybe they are going to hold them in succession at the end of the day? That would be strange but with the schedule it might be easier for them to do it that way?

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Did they skip the pairs ceremony too? Maybe they are going to hold them in succession at the end of the day? That would be strange but with the schedule it might be easier for them to do it that way?

No, they had the pairs ceremony abt 10 minutes after that event ended. I watched everyone on the podium and taking pictures etc. Maybe they will run mens and womens at the same time. Thanks so much for responding, Samson and Hikki.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Haven't gone to bed yet! It's 2:18 a.m. in Washington state.

samson

Medalist
First group of ladies warming up now. I'm struck by how quiet and attentive this audience seems during warm ups!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Elene GEDEVANISHVILI (GEO)

Music: Giselle by Adolpe Adam

3Lz - twofooted, very forward, looked <
3S+2T
2A+2T+2T - clean, but not smooth arc
FCCoSp
StSq
3S
3T+2T
3T - fall, maybe <
FSSp
ChSq
1A
CCoSp - botched footchange, recentered

Some big mistakes after a solid start. Maybe some twofooted landing on the salchows

Score: 35.56+49.54-1.00 = 84.10, 129.24

samson

Medalist
Elena looked tired after that skate. At first based on the costume I thought she was skating to Die Fleidermaus, but then I realized she was skating to another Meryl and Charlie piece... Giselle! It must be 2:30 or something and my second night in a row trying to do this lol

Anyway some struggles on her jumps and spins. Especially that last spin combo.