Ladies Free Skate: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Skate: 2013 NHK Trophy

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Just broke out the calculator, and Radionova is ahead of Suzuki in the series standings. Not sure how likely that is to matter at the moment.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Just broke out the calculator, and Radionova is ahead of Suzuki in the series standings. Not sure how likely that is to matter at the moment.

because Radionova has higher overall totals in both her GP events
she will qualify first before Suzuki does

hurrah

Medalist
Protocols look right. Wow, Mao got under-rotation on 3-axel! And no 3-3, and she still broke her PB!

TheCzar

On the Ice
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpjpn2013/gpjpn2013_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

Protocols are up! Only one UR for Asada today, landing five triples. Her 3A didn't even factor in! I'm glad her 2A-3T is back.

I actually wouldn't have minded if Elena won, but seeing as she was a great deal behind coming in, and she's young- the judges are not going to reward her PCS. However saying that, I would have given her at least 63+

Shame about Akiko. The Eurosport boys were bang on. As soon as she popped the lutz, the confidence went down.

Nevertheless, this should make for a great Final! Hope Valentina ups her tech, because against Carolina's FP- I would give her the first ticket to Sochi for Italy.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Why do the judges give almost the same score for everything in PCS???

Skating Skill
Transition
Performance
Choreography
Interpretation
all the same score..... bs.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
ELENA IS THE BEST ONE EVER. WAY BETTER THAN JULIA. ELENA FOR 2018 OLYMPICS! :laugh:

Sorry, it's almost 4 a.m. and I really need to get to bed. ;)

nice trolling, good night ;)

Mao's score is very inlftaed but this is NHK
I am not happy Radionova getting higher PCS than Julia

Icey

Record Breaker
Nothing especially exciting. Almost wish I had stayed in bed. Good night, you all. lol

gold12345

Medalist
Radionova skates with a charisma that Julia doesn't have yet. They're both great, just different.

samson

Medalist
I thought this was by far her strongest outing of the program. The spins looked stronger she seemed more into the choreography. Like she finding the right balance of hitting Tatiana's poses and ideas while still creating something authentic within herself and her own body.

Protocols are up and she did 5 clean triples tonight. Mao lost to Elena in TES and actually only had a .25 advantage in grad of execution there. The win came primarily from the PCS and that margin of difference was right in my book. For me, Mao out skated Elena in all 5 areas.

Elena was great, she really skated the heck out of that number, but she also was skating very young. Mao had nuance, subtlety, shade, fiction, power - all the things you expect in a ladies skater. I still sense she is holding back a bit. Like she's finding her way through the piece. But that's ok. It's really sophisticated and very difficult to carry off. It's like she's playing Hedda Gabler and Elena is playing Roxie Hart.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
I'm getting so angry of the PCS boost for Asada and of the Japanese inflation for Asada at NHK :mad:

Seriously, why Asada have always inflated score at NHK trophy ? At each year, she doesn't deserve the title. Last year Suzuki should have win the event and this year Radionova should have win, shame on you Asada!!

TheCzar

On the Ice
I agree. Elena has a likeable quality to her, and she skates with the enthusiasm and joy of her age. She just seems very happy to have debuted and to be getting big girl scores you know? Julia, while as equally amazing (her free programme this year is beautiful), comes off cold and closed. Like she's over it. Maybe she just has a good poker face, but the name of the game is building up a good reputation with the judges.