Ladies Free Skate: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Skate: 2013 NHK Trophy

yuki

Final Flight
Gold's choreography is great and she sold it well. So much improvement since last season.

Agreed. I expected to find this program blah after all I'd read about it, but this was really enjoyable.
Satoko still has the highest TES of the night, this is a bit unexpected.

samson

Medalist
Yeah I was noticing how there seemed to be a flourish or nuance to every beat of music. Marina has a way of tucking things into the music and I think we get so used to seeing D/W and V/M skate her routines with such mastery we forget how difficult the intricacy of what she creates can be and what it takes to bring it out.

Gracie is impressing me with the way she's tackling the choreo. Still feels a little rushed and rough at moments but if that's what she's focusing on right now, I think it's ok that we don't see a triple/triple just yet.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
The choreography itself may be ok, but there is still little connection to the music. A PCS of 60 is too high.

hurrah

Medalist
Elena has staaarrrr quality! She is the best Russian baby of the bunch. I hope she survives puberty and nothing untoward happens to her.

samson

Medalist
If I was Mary Murphy I'd put that girl on the Hot Tamale Train. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Elena RADIONOVA (RUS)

Music: Frida (soundtrack)

3Lz+3T
3F - e
3Lo+1Lo+3S
CCoSp
3Lz
2A - clean, but slow
3Lo+2T
2A
FCCoSp
LSp
StSq
ChSq

Very strong skate, fist pumps. Good energy througout. Clean with 7 triples and 2 double axels.

Score: 67.28+61.70=128.98 (PB), 191.81 (PB), 1st out of 7

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Elena is being all sorts of cute right now. She's so excited about her performance. As she should be!!

Selene

On the Ice
Gracie is impressing me with the way she's tackling the choreo. Still feels a little rushed and rough at moments but if that's what she's focusing on right now, I think it's ok that we don't see a triple/triple just yet.

She should start focusing on actually landing triples and hard combos. Her jumping ability is non-existent now.

Incredible performance from Radionova. So solid, so effortless, so much expression throughout.

The choreography itself may be ok, but there is still little connection to the music. A PCS of 60 is too high.

She [Gold] was moving her upper body to the music a lot of the time.

Sara

On the Ice
Radionova's music is something I could imagine Valentina skate to but not a 14-year-old girl!