Free Dance: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Free Dance: 2013 NHK Trophy

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
finally a program that grabs ones attention from the first movement to the last - really great choroegraphy. Considering how much time they lost because of his rather serious injury this summer I think they did a great job ( and I am not usually a fan of theirs !!!!)

I didn't even know about the injury! and I haven't seen them much before, but they totally grabbed my attention and held me, riveted, while they performed that innovative and passionate dance. Well done!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
It's funny that they're skating to the same music as Carron/Jones but Carron/Jones are in white costumes, while I/K are in black.

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
I/K are beautiful skaters, and that program is a huge improvement over what they had last year, but they just don't excite me the way they do some others. With that said, I still think they have much better programs than B/S this year.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Swan Lake held my attention much more than I expected. Some beautiful moments in that performance!

Fantastic lines and extensions and constant, detailed upper body movement. Soft and smooth basic skating, their edges are very strong. Two very unique and beautifully presented lifts at the start.

I am not sure about the program, however. They way the elements were laid out didn't seem particularly complex or interesting and the program lacked highlights and variety IMO.

caitie

Medalist
Oh I love this cut of it they're using for their middle section, though- it's not used that often, and it's gorgeous. I agree these two are lovely to watch.

True! I typed that as the opening strains played, but the middle part was nice. I actually like the program, but the end look pretty rough to me.

The Shibs seemed like they were skating very carefully/safely to me, and I don't think that's what this program needs to really sell it. But I mean, that can come later in the season. And Alex stayed on his feet!

Business as usual for Shibutanis. Solid and sharp technical elements but the less said about the program the better. :p

They really need to push more on the expression. This kind of choreography (in the MJ parts) needs an explosive quality. The slow middle section is very bizarre as it's in a different style and character and seems copied and pasted from a different program altogether.

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
I'm so happy that Marina is no longer trying to force the Shibs to be the next generation of Lawrence Welk dancers. They have very outgoing personalities and I feel that program suits them better than anyone they ever had.

Oreo

On the Ice
The camerawork on this feed I'm watching is certainly wonky. On parts of it, one or both skaters are completely off screen!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
totally loving the Shibutani's programs this year and I never was a fan. MJ rocks!!!

I found the Shibs a bit of a let down after the last 2 programs. I guess the Michael Jackson program wasn't original enough for me. I kept comparing them to Shae-Lyn and Victor

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Business as usual for Shibutanis. Solid and sharp technical elements but the less said about the program the better. :p

They really need to push more on the expression. This kind of choreography (in the MJ parts) needs an explosive quality. The slow middle section is very bizarre as it's in a different style and character and seems copied and pasted from a different program altogether.

All right. You can have a point for restraint.