Free Dance: 2013 NHK Trophy | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Free Dance: 2013 NHK Trophy

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Hi Everybody! I just started watching. The couple that just ended seem really sweet. Were they good? I like their costumes.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Don't thank me, it's a pretty terrible stream tbh. Looks like part of the picture is cut off. For me, anyway!

It's better than the second one on the first page of this thread, for me. The whole picture seems to be showing on my end.

ETA: Never mind, a bit of the marks are cut off when they come up.

Kolbe/Caruso looked really out of place here. His posture and lines are very poor for an ice dancer. Their basic skating is not very strong either. Elements were ok but not great.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yee-haw! I'm in business with video now!

Thanks, Golden411.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder if the Candians first move is scored as a spin or as a lift. It's a spin, but her feet don't touch the ice at all.

A very interesting move.

caitie

Medalist
Well, that was a very interesting program lol. I could't tell if the last lift was messed up or if it was supposed to look that way to fit with the aesthetic of the performance.

Finnstep

Final Flight

Don't thank me, it's a pretty terrible stream tbh. Looks like part of the picture is cut off. For me, anyway!

ETA: Here's a slightly better one: http://www.bestsportgo.tv/20131110/vv-681995--527ed0e53e82d2.35671551.html

The following link is working (more or less) for me in the U.S.

Disclaimer: The screen is tiny, and when I try to make it bigger, it does not seem to work.

Thanks for the links-I've added them to the original post. :)

Gilles/Poirier were absolutely incredible. Fantastic attention to detail in the program, very well extended positions on everything. Very strong elements. I thought their SD was a bit bland but this is a very interesting, unique program and they have really taken it up a notch.

Hi Ziggy! Glad to see you on here. Do you pay for Ice Network? I do and it's the best $50 I've ever spent. I am loving it!

IceNetwork is geo-blocked outside of US. I am using TVTeka. It works out cheaper in any case.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Gilles/Poirier were absolutely incredible. Fantastic attention to detail in the program, very well extended positions on everything. Very strong elements. I thought their SD was a bit bland but this is a very interesting, unique program and they have really taken it up a notch.

IceNetwork is geo-blocked outside of US. I am using TVTeka. It works out cheaper in any case.

I agree- they were much stronger!

I am really shell-shocked by Gilles/Poirier. She's done a good job catching up to him technically (he's still better but there isn't such an obvious gap between them as in previous seasons) and they have made a very strong statement with that dance.

I imagine the deduction came for the choreographic lift, which whilst interesting and in character of the music and the program, seemed way too long.

gottadance

On the Ice
I agree- they were much stronger!

finally a program that grabs ones attention from the first movement to the last - really great choroegraphy. Considering how much time they lost because of his rather serious injury this summer I think they did a great job ( and I am not usually a fan of theirs !!!!)