Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 229

Thread: Free Dance: 2013 NHK Trophy

  1. #31
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Bluegrass State:)
    Posts
    235
    What is that thing on Piper's head? Is that a bow?

  2. #32
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Drakkanada
    Posts
    644
    Well, that was a very interesting program lol. I could't tell if the last lift was messed up or if it was supposed to look that way to fit with the aesthetic of the performance.

  3. #33
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Don't thank me, it's a pretty terrible stream tbh. Looks like part of the picture is cut off. For me, anyway!

    ETA: Here's a slightly better one: http://www.bestsportgo.tv/20131110/v....35671551.html
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    The following link is working (more or less) for me in the U.S.

    Disclaimer: The screen is tiny, and when I try to make it bigger, it does not seem to work.
    Thanks for the links-I've added them to the original post.

  4. #34
    ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,516
    Gilles/Poirier were absolutely incredible. Fantastic attention to detail in the program, very well extended positions on everything. Very strong elements. I thought their SD was a bit bland but this is a very interesting, unique program and they have really taken it up a notch.

    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    Hi Ziggy! Glad to see you on here. Do you pay for Ice Network? I do and it's the best $50 I've ever spent. I am loving it!
    IceNetwork is geo-blocked outside of US. I am using TVTeka. It works out cheaper in any case.

  5. #35
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Don't thank me, it's a pretty terrible stream tbh. Looks like part of the picture is cut off. For me, anyway!

    ETA: Here's a slightly better one: http://www.bestsportgo.tv/20131110/v....35671551.html
    Thank you caitie, the picture is clearer for me on this stream.

  6. #36
    ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,516
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    I wonder if the Candians first move is scored as a spin or as a lift. It's a spin, but her feet don't touch the ice at all.

    A very interesting move.
    Stationary lift.

  7. #37
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Gilles/Poirier were absolutely incredible. Fantastic attention to detail in the program, very well extended positions on everything. Very strong elements. I thought their SD was a bit bland but this is a very interesting, unique program and they have really taken it up a notch.



    IceNetwork is geo-blocked outside of US. I am using TVTeka. It works out cheaper in any case.
    I agree- they were much stronger!

  8. #38
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    59
    I really enjoyed Gilles/Poirier. What an interesting program, really grabbed my attention.

  9. #39
    ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,516
    I am really shell-shocked by Gilles/Poirier. She's done a good job catching up to him technically (he's still better but there isn't such an obvious gap between them as in previous seasons) and they have made a very strong statement with that dance.

    I imagine the deduction came for the choreographic lift, which whilst interesting and in character of the music and the program, seemed way too long.

  10. #40
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    I agree- they were much stronger!
    finally a program that grabs ones attention from the first movement to the last - really great choroegraphy. Considering how much time they lost because of his rather serious injury this summer I think they did a great job ( and I am not usually a fan of theirs !!!!)

  11. #41
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by gottadance View Post
    finally a program that grabs ones attention from the first movement to the last - really great choroegraphy. Considering how much time they lost because of his rather serious injury this summer I think they did a great job ( and I am not usually a fan of theirs !!!!)
    I didn't even know about the injury! and I haven't seen them much before, but they totally grabbed my attention and held me, riveted, while they performed that innovative and passionate dance. Well done!

  12. #42
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Drakkanada
    Posts
    644
    Ugh, this music should be banned. They are beautiful skaters, though.

  13. #43
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Bluegrass State:)
    Posts
    235
    Elena's costume reminds me a lot of her Don Quixote costume.

  14. #44
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Ugh, this music should be banned. They are beautiful skaters, though.
    Oh I love this cut of it they're using for their middle section, though- it's not used that often, and it's gorgeous. I agree these two are lovely to watch.

  15. #45
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,771
    It's funny that they're skating to the same music as Carron/Jones but Carron/Jones are in white costumes, while I/K are in black.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •