Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Dance: 2013 NHK Trophy

Custom Title
    What is that thing on Piper's head? Is that a bow?

Custom Title
    Well, that was a very interesting program lol. I could't tell if the last lift was messed up or if it was supposed to look that way to fit with the aesthetic of the performance.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Don't thank me, it's a pretty terrible stream tbh. Looks like part of the picture is cut off. For me, anyway!

ETA: Here's a slightly better one: http://www.bestsportgo.tv/20131110/v....35671551.html
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    The following link is working (more or less) for me in the U.S.

Disclaimer: The screen is tiny, and when I try to make it bigger, it does not seem to work.
    Thanks for the links-I've added them to the original post.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Gilles/Poirier were absolutely incredible. Fantastic attention to detail in the program, very well extended positions on everything. Very strong elements. I thought their SD was a bit bland but this is a very interesting, unique program and they have really taken it up a notch.

Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    Hi Ziggy! Glad to see you on here. Do you pay for Ice Network? I do and it's the best $50 I've ever spent. I am loving it!
    IceNetwork is geo-blocked outside of US. I am using TVTeka. It works out cheaper in any case.

Custom Title
    Don't thank me, it's a pretty terrible stream tbh. Looks like part of the picture is cut off. For me, anyway!

ETA: Here's a slightly better one: http://www.bestsportgo.tv/20131110/v....35671551.html
    Thank you caitie, the picture is clearer for me on this stream.

Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    I wonder if the Candians first move is scored as a spin or as a lift. It's a spin, but her feet don't touch the ice at all.

A very interesting move.
    Stationary lift.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Gilles/Poirier were absolutely incredible. Fantastic attention to detail in the program, very well extended positions on everything. Very strong elements. I thought their SD was a bit bland but this is a very interesting, unique program and they have really taken it up a notch.

IceNetwork is geo-blocked outside of US. I am using TVTeka. It works out cheaper in any case.
    I agree- they were much stronger!

Tripping on the Podium
    I really enjoyed Gilles/Poirier. What an interesting program, really grabbed my attention.

I am really shell-shocked by Gilles/Poirier. She's done a good job catching up to him technically (he's still better but there isn't such an obvious gap between them as in previous seasons) and they have made a very strong statement with that dance.

I imagine the deduction came for the choreographic lift, which whilst interesting and in character of the music and the program, seemed way too long.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    I agree- they were much stronger!
    finally a program that grabs ones attention from the first movement to the last - really great choroegraphy. Considering how much time they lost because of his rather serious injury this summer I think they did a great job ( and I am not usually a fan of theirs !!!!)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gottadance View Post
    finally a program that grabs ones attention from the first movement to the last - really great choroegraphy. Considering how much time they lost because of his rather serious injury this summer I think they did a great job ( and I am not usually a fan of theirs !!!!)
    I didn't even know about the injury! and I haven't seen them much before, but they totally grabbed my attention and held me, riveted, while they performed that innovative and passionate dance. Well done!

Custom Title
    Ugh, this music should be banned. They are beautiful skaters, though.

Custom Title
    Elena's costume reminds me a lot of her Don Quixote costume.

Custom Title
    Ugh, this music should be banned. They are beautiful skaters, though.
    Oh I love this cut of it they're using for their middle section, though- it's not used that often, and it's gorgeous. I agree these two are lovely to watch.

It's funny that they're skating to the same music as Carron/Jones but Carron/Jones are in white costumes, while I/K are in black.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast