Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Dance: 2013 NHK Trophy

Custom Title
    Did Elena get that tiara from the dollar store?

Custom Title
    I/K are beautiful skaters, and that program is a huge improvement over what they had last year, but they just don't excite me the way they do some others. With that said, I still think they have much better programs than B/S this year.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Swan Lake held my attention much more than I expected. Some beautiful moments in that performance!

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Fantastic lines and extensions and constant, detailed upper body movement. Soft and smooth basic skating, their edges are very strong. Two very unique and beautifully presented lifts at the start.

I am not sure about the program, however. They way the elements were laid out didn't seem particularly complex or interesting and the program lacked highlights and variety IMO.

Tripping on the Podium
    I loved their lifts

I/K struggled to get the levels again. :/

TES 1 point lower than G/P.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsworthgirl View Post
    Oh I love this cut of it they're using for their middle section, though- it's not used that often, and it's gorgeous. I agree these two are lovely to watch.
    True! I typed that as the opening strains played, but the middle part was nice. I actually like the program, but the end look pretty rough to me.

The Shibs seemed like they were skating very carefully/safely to me, and I don't think that's what this program needs to really sell it. But I mean, that can come later in the season. And Alex stayed on his feet!

Business as usual for Shibutanis. Solid and sharp technical elements but the less said about the program the better. :P

They really need to push more on the expression. This kind of choreography (in the MJ parts) needs an explosive quality. The slow middle section is very bizarre as it's in a different style and character and seems copied and pasted from a different program altogether.

Custom Title
    I'm so happy that Marina is no longer trying to force the Shibs to be the next generation of Lawrence Welk dancers. They have very outgoing personalities and I feel that program suits them better than anyone they ever had.

Custom Title
    The camerawork on this feed I'm watching is certainly wonky. On parts of it, one or both skaters are completely off screen!

totally loving the Shibutani's programs this year and I never was a fan. MJ rocks!!!

Tripping on the Podium
    I found the Shibs a bit of a let down after the last 2 programs. I guess the Michael Jackson program wasn't original enough for me. I kept comparing them to Shae-Lyn and Victor

Banned
    No good streams around?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    The camerawork on this feed I'm watching is certainly wonky. On parts of it, one or both skaters are completely off screen!
    Yeah, that was the bad feed. Try this one instead: http://www.bestsportgo.tv/20131110/v....35671551.html

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Business as usual for Shibutanis. Solid and sharp technical elements but the less said about the program the better. :P

They really need to push more on the expression. This kind of choreography (in the MJ parts) needs an explosive quality. The slow middle section is very bizarre as it's in a different style and character and seems copied and pasted from a different program altogether.
    All right. You can have a point for restraint.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast