Qualifiers for the GPF | Golden Skate

Qualifiers for the GPF

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Mao and V/T are through to GPF

any updates on the current standings in each discipline for possible qualifiers for the GPF ?

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Current Qualifiers:
Men: Patrick Chan (30 points), Yuzuru Hanyu (26 points)
Ladies: Mao Asada (30 points)
Pairs: Tatiana Volosozhar/Maxim Trankov (30 points), Pang Qing/Jian Tong (28 points)
Ice Dance: Meryl Davis/Charlie White (30 points), Anna Cappellini/Luca Lanotte (26 points)

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
The following ladies are IN: Wagner, Sotnikova, Pogorilaya

Next week, Julia needs 4th or better to make it, Carolina Needs to win (probably, depending on tiebreaker with Elena R)

Irina89

On the Ice
I remember that last year there were some lists with the scores updated for each category after each competition. Any idea if they still exist for this year?

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Really hope Carolina can win this next event and make the gpf. If she places 2nd she will have to score over 200 to out-score radionova.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
In case anyone's looking for them, current standings lists can be found here:

ISU: Grand Prix Info

I'm too lazy to do the math myself to figure out all the possible GPF scenarios, so if anyone else wants to, have at it.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
In case anyone's looking for them, current standings lists can be found here:

ISU: Grand Prix Info

I'm too lazy to do the math myself to figure out all the possible GPF scenarios, so if anyone else wants to, have at it.

Towards the bottom of the Wikipedia page for this year's GP Series, there is a table of the qualification standings for all categories in an easy to compare format.

And it was updated this morning by somebody who I believe to be a GS member! ;) :biggrin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_ISU_Grand_Prix_of_Figure_Skating#Qualification_standings

Hopefully this helps

CaroLiza_fan

I remember that last year there were some lists with the scores updated for each category after each competition. Any idea if they still exist for this year?

They have always existed. Lists are on the ISU Grand Prix page.

zamboni step

Final Flight
This is the first time Akiko has missed the GPF since the 2008-2009 season, and the first season ever she's actually had a chance of qualifying and not done it....:cry:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
zamboni step said:
This is the first time Akiko has missed the GPF since the 2008-2009 season, and the first season ever she's actually had a chance of qualifying and not done it....

It's even worse, because this is her final season... it just won't be the same without the angel of music :no:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here are the full rosters for the GPF and JGPF:

SENIOR MEN
1 Patrick CHAN CAN
2 Tatsuki MACHIDA JPN
3 Yuzuru HANYU JPN
4 Maxim KOVTUN RUS
5 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN
6 Han YAN CHN

JUNIOR MEN
1 Nathan CHEN USA
2 Keiji TANAKA JPN
3 Boyang JIN CHN
4 Adian PITKEEV RUS
5 Alexander PETROV RUS
6 Ryuju HINO JPN

SENIOR LADIES
1 Mao ASADA JPN
2 Julia LIPNITSKAIA RUS
3 Ashley WAGNER USA
4 Anna POGORILAYA RUS
5 Adelina SOTNIKOVA RUS
6 Elena RADIONOVA RUS

JUNIOR LADIES
1 Evgenia MEDVEDEVA RUS
2 Polina EDMUNDS USA
3 Alexandra PROKLOVA RUS
4 Maria SOTSKOVA RUS
5 Serafima SAKHANOVICH RUS
6 Angela WANG USA

SENIOR PAIRS
1 Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV RUS
2 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY GER
3 Qing PANG / Jian TONG CHN
4 Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH CAN
5 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD CAN
6 Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG CHN

JUNIOR PAIRS
1 Xiaoyu YU / Yang JIN CHN
2 Lina FEDOROVA / Maxim MIROSHKIN RUS
3 Maria VIGALOVA / Egor ZAKROEV RUS
4 Kamilla GAINETDINOVA / Ivan BICH RUS
5 Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS
6 Vasilisa DAVANKOVA / Andrei DEPUTAT RUS

SENIOR DANCE
1 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE USA
2 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR CAN
3 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV RUS
4 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT FRA
5 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE CAN
6 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE ITA

JUNIOR DANCE
1 Anna YANOVSKAYA / Sergey MOSGOV RUS
2 Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER USA
3 Lorraine McNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER USA
4 Betina POPOVA / Yuri VLASENKO RUS
5 Alexandra NAZAROVA / Maxim NIKITIN UKR
6 Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS USA

zamboni step

Final Flight
It's even worse, because this is her final season... it just won't be the same without the angel of music :no:

On top of that, that makes her NHK FS (which despite being beautiful, was not stellar technically) was her last skate in an International in Japan.....:cry:
And I won't get to see her programs the maximum amount of times as possible now....There's nothing for it, she'll just have to win Olympic gold then. :biggrin:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
zamboni step said:
On top of that, that makes her NHK FS (which despite being beautiful, was not stellar technically) was her last skate in an International in Japan.....:cry:
And I won't get to see her programs the maximum amount of times as possible now....There's nothing for it, she'll just have to win Olympic gold then. :biggrin:

But worlds are in Japan this season, so Akiko has another chance to skate there! My personal dream would be for Mao to win the OGM, decide that it's a perfect ending for her career and leave worlds for Akiko to win :love:
Although if Akiko wins the OGM, I'd be crying of joy too. Way to show the JSF that they low-balled her unrightfully her whole career.

zamboni step

Final Flight
But worlds are in Japan this season, so Akiko has another chance to skate there! My personal dream would be for Mao to win the OGM, decide that it's a perfect ending for her career and leave worlds for Akiko to win :love:
Although if Akiko wins the OGM, I'd be crying of joy too. Way to show the JSF that they low-balled her unrightfully her whole career.

Is she continuing on to Worlds? I wasn't aware, that makes me really happy as I doubt any of the big three will stay on if they medal in Sochi. That leaves the door right open for her to claim what she was good enough to claim years ago.

age20

Rinkside
I love Akiko but I love Mao and Caro more.:eek::