Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Mao Asada: Olympic Gold Medal Favourite?

Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    LMAO. You really want to do this?
    We Yuna ubers are burying our heads in the sand by denying the FABULOUS win by Mao Asada at the GPF. Didn't you see her free program and saw how well she did compared to Yuna? As Mao88 said, her Olympic chances are clearly doomed. All hail Empress Mao!

Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    LMAO. You really want to do this?
    And here I thought your earrings were always already off.

Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    What's up with Yuna? Maybe she's just lacking the stamina to put in that extra oomph, but she totally looked like she did not want to be out there competing. She looked like it was her own funeral. She's actually looking really thin.
    -indeed

Banned
    Based on her debut I would say Kim already shows she is the OGM favorite as most neutral observers believed all along. Her scores would have won the Grand Prix final even though she is still incredbly rusty and did a relatively poor LP, and she is still getting much higher PCS from the judges, even for imperfect skates, than Mao.

204.49 v. 204.02. Half-injured Yuna with "worst program ever" still trumped Empress Mao's "glorious" win at GPF. But I guess you already knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Based on her debut I would say Kim already shows she is the OGM favorite as most neutral observers believed all along. Her scores would have won the Grand Prix final even though she is still incredbly rusty and did a relatively poor LP, and she is still getting much higher PCS from the judges, even for imperfect skates, than Mao.
    She got 35 in the SP and over 71 in the LP for PCS. She got more than Mao despite Mao skating in JAPAN.

Clearly she's no longer #1 favorite in the judges eyes. /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    We Yuna ubers are burying our heads in the sand by denying the FABULOUS win by Mao Asada at the GPF. Didn't you see her free program and saw how well she did compared to Yuna? As Mao88 said, her Olympic chances are clearly doomed. All hail Empress Mao!
    this post is beneath you

Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    this post is beneath you
    the indicates sarcasm. I was not being serious.

She got 35 in the SP and over 71 in the LP for PCS. She got more than Mao despite Mao skating in JAPAN.

Clearly she's no longer #1 favorite in the judges eyes. /sarcasm
    See which one is it? scores at B events are not important or Mao was over scored at Japan. Neither side has to make excuses for their favorite skaters

Yuna Kim did faboulous for her first outing
    Mao Chan won her 4th GP final with an amazing SP and a good LP. Not everything has to be a fan war

the indicates sarcasm. I was not being serious.
    But put it in perspective both sides can cry over scoring. Yuna Kim won no need to be sarcastic about Mao. Both did well at their respective events.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88
    What was that you Kim Ubers were saying about Kim and consistency?

Probably the worst choreographed long program Kim has had in her entire career. Does not bode well for her Olympic chances

Another fabulous win today for Mao in the GPF. Olympic favourite - Mao
    I wouldn't call Maos win fabulous at all. On the other hand, I wouldn't say this outing from Yuna cements her status as the clear favorite. Yuna definitly still is the favorite, but that's because I'm sure she'll do better at the Olympics, not because of her skates here. For saying she had trouble with her stamina though, I think she'll managed the LP really well.

See which one is it? scores at B events are not important or Mao was over scored at Japan. Neither side has to make excuses for their favorite skaters

Yuna Kim did faboulous for her first outing
    Mao Chan won her 4th GP final with an amazing SP and a good LP. Not everything has to be a fan war
    They both have some positive inflation factor: Yuna being the sole star in a B-event and Mao skating in Japan. I can't see which one is the bigger inflation, but clearly to me neither one is a heavy favorite over the other at this point, unlike what Mao88 claimed. I'd say Yuna is the favorite (not heavy), if only because she has a history of delivering when it counts the most, even though Mao has boosted her momentum quite a bit early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    I wouldn't call Maos win fabulous at all. On the other hand, I wouldn't say this outing from Yuna cements her status as the clear favorite. Yuna definitly still is the favorite, but that's because I'm sure she'll do better at the Olympics, not because of her skates here. For saying she had trouble with her stamina though, I think she'll managed the LP really well.
    I disagree. I think her win is fabulous because she did not let the mistakes kill her LP. Mao has demonstrated consistency this season. Not yet perfect, but she is selling her very good programs. The double standard of this forum is weird to me, if someone else had Mao's performance some people will be calling it a strong performance.

They both have some positive inflation factor: Yuna being the sole star in a B-event and Mao skating in Japan. I can't see which one is the bigger inflation, but clearly to me neither one is a heavy favorite over the other at this point, unlike what Mao88 claimed. I'd say Yuna is the favorite (not heavy), if only because she has a history of delivering when it counts the most, even though Mao has boosted her momentum quite a bit early in the season.
    And as a huge Mao fan I can admit Yuna Kim is still the favorite because, we know she can do her current layout clean. However, considering where Mao was during this time at last Olympics, I will say she is doing very well.

I disagree. I think her win is fabulous because she did not let the mistakes kill her LP. Mao has demonstrated consistency this season. Not yet perfect, but she is selling her very good programs. The double standard of this forum is weird to me, if someone else had Mao's performance some people will be calling it a strong performance.
    Who would that be? Just read her fan forum: http://yunaforum.com/forum/index.php...ic=4884&st=760

The comments tend to: over all good, not bad, she seemed tense, she didn't seem to enjoy herself, etc.

Hardly unadulterated praises of a "strong" performance.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast