Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 202

Thread: Mao Asada: Olympic Gold Medal Favourite?

  1. #136
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    LMAO. You really want to do this?
    We Yuna ubers are burying our heads in the sand by denying the FABULOUS win by Mao Asada at the GPF. Didn't you see her free program and saw how well she did compared to Yuna? As Mao88 said, her Olympic chances are clearly doomed. All hail Empress Mao!

  2. #137
    :) aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,344
    Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    LMAO. You really want to do this?
    And here I thought your earrings were always already off.

  3. #138
    Custom Title chapis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    México
    Posts
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    What's up with Yuna? Maybe she's just lacking the stamina to put in that extra oomph, but she totally looked like she did not want to be out there competing. She looked like it was her own funeral. She's actually looking really thin.
    -indeed

  4. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Based on her debut I would say Kim already shows she is the OGM favorite as most neutral observers believed all along. Her scores would have won the Grand Prix final even though she is still incredbly rusty and did a relatively poor LP, and she is still getting much higher PCS from the judges, even for imperfect skates, than Mao.

  5. #140
    Long live the Queen! YunaBliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    444
    204.49 v. 204.02. Half-injured Yuna with "worst program ever" still trumped Empress Mao's "glorious" win at GPF. But I guess you already knew that.

  6. #141
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Based on her debut I would say Kim already shows she is the OGM favorite as most neutral observers believed all along. Her scores would have won the Grand Prix final even though she is still incredbly rusty and did a relatively poor LP, and she is still getting much higher PCS from the judges, even for imperfect skates, than Mao.
    She got 35 in the SP and over 71 in the LP for PCS. She got more than Mao despite Mao skating in JAPAN.

    Clearly she's no longer #1 favorite in the judges eyes. /sarcasm

  7. #142
    Custom Title Minze2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    We Yuna ubers are burying our heads in the sand by denying the FABULOUS win by Mao Asada at the GPF. Didn't you see her free program and saw how well she did compared to Yuna? As Mao88 said, her Olympic chances are clearly doomed. All hail Empress Mao!
    this post is beneath you

  8. #143
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    this post is beneath you
    the indicates sarcasm. I was not being serious.

  9. #144
    Custom Title Minze2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    She got 35 in the SP and over 71 in the LP for PCS. She got more than Mao despite Mao skating in JAPAN.

    Clearly she's no longer #1 favorite in the judges eyes. /sarcasm
    See which one is it? scores at B events are not important or Mao was over scored at Japan. Neither side has to make excuses for their favorite skaters

    Yuna Kim did faboulous for her first outing
    Mao Chan won her 4th GP final with an amazing SP and a good LP. Not everything has to be a fan war

  10. #145
    Custom Title Minze2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    the indicates sarcasm. I was not being serious.
    But put it in perspective both sides can cry over scoring. Yuna Kim won no need to be sarcastic about Mao. Both did well at their respective events.

  11. #146
    Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88
    What was that you Kim Ubers were saying about Kim and consistency?

    Probably the worst choreographed long program Kim has had in her entire career. Does not bode well for her Olympic chances

    Another fabulous win today for Mao in the GPF. Olympic favourite - Mao
    I wouldn't call Maos win fabulous at all. On the other hand, I wouldn't say this outing from Yuna cements her status as the clear favorite. Yuna definitly still is the favorite, but that's because I'm sure she'll do better at the Olympics, not because of her skates here. For saying she had trouble with her stamina though, I think she'll managed the LP really well.

  12. #147
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    See which one is it? scores at B events are not important or Mao was over scored at Japan. Neither side has to make excuses for their favorite skaters

    Yuna Kim did faboulous for her first outing
    Mao Chan won her 4th GP final with an amazing SP and a good LP. Not everything has to be a fan war
    They both have some positive inflation factor: Yuna being the sole star in a B-event and Mao skating in Japan. I can't see which one is the bigger inflation, but clearly to me neither one is a heavy favorite over the other at this point, unlike what Mao88 claimed. I'd say Yuna is the favorite (not heavy), if only because she has a history of delivering when it counts the most, even though Mao has boosted her momentum quite a bit early in the season.

  13. #148
    Custom Title Minze2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    I wouldn't call Maos win fabulous at all. On the other hand, I wouldn't say this outing from Yuna cements her status as the clear favorite. Yuna definitly still is the favorite, but that's because I'm sure she'll do better at the Olympics, not because of her skates here. For saying she had trouble with her stamina though, I think she'll managed the LP really well.
    I disagree. I think her win is fabulous because she did not let the mistakes kill her LP. Mao has demonstrated consistency this season. Not yet perfect, but she is selling her very good programs. The double standard of this forum is weird to me, if someone else had Mao's performance some people will be calling it a strong performance.

  14. #149
    Custom Title Minze2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    They both have some positive inflation factor: Yuna being the sole star in a B-event and Mao skating in Japan. I can't see which one is the bigger inflation, but clearly to me neither one is a heavy favorite over the other at this point, unlike what Mao88 claimed. I'd say Yuna is the favorite (not heavy), if only because she has a history of delivering when it counts the most, even though Mao has boosted her momentum quite a bit early in the season.
    And as a huge Mao fan I can admit Yuna Kim is still the favorite because, we know she can do her current layout clean. However, considering where Mao was during this time at last Olympics, I will say she is doing very well.

  15. #150
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    I disagree. I think her win is fabulous because she did not let the mistakes kill her LP. Mao has demonstrated consistency this season. Not yet perfect, but she is selling her very good programs. The double standard of this forum is weird to me, if someone else had Mao's performance some people will be calling it a strong performance.
    Who would that be? Just read her fan forum: http://yunaforum.com/forum/index.php...ic=4884&st=760

    The comments tend to: over all good, not bad, she seemed tense, she didn't seem to enjoy herself, etc.

    Hardly unadulterated praises of a "strong" performance.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •