Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 202

Thread: Mao Asada: Olympic Gold Medal Favourite?

  1. #61
    Custom Title mary01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    499
    Quote Originally Posted by yyyskate View Post
    Also,including commentators from all different nationalities.
    I see many claims, but no evidence to back it up!

  2. #62
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    245
    Oh well... I will your respect your view about Mao's underrotation although I still firmly believe that many of her jumps were not fully rotated. As a Mao fan, I personally would not like her to receive points for triples that she did not fully rotate (and actually get feedback from the judges about what she needs to work on), so that she would be encouraged to work harder to rotate better on say for example, her triple flip, and so that by the time the Olympics comes, she will be more fully prepared in terms of actually rotating her jumps and not be marked down by the judges at Sochi, where she will not be given any home-based advantage.

  3. #63
    Custom Title mary01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    499
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Creating mistakes you say. Nobody underrotating her jumps like Asada. Kim, Gold, Kostner, Russians, Osmond, even Wagner rotating good. Not all time but majority of their jumps are clean. Asada's all jumps looked short. If this is not a mistake I don't know what it is.
    yes ofcourse, the whole technical panel at every competition are blind and so are all the judges, and every protocol out there is fake
    What's more, please entertain me a bit longer

  4. #64
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    I see many claims, but no evidence to back it up!
    Please watch the British Eurosport video of Mao's FS, where they comment on the underrotations:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSqG4sRerwk

    Watch the slow-mo replay around 6:30. The commentator even states that the triple flip-double loop combo looped UR.

    They also comment on the underrotation on her lutz: 1:55

    At 1:54

  5. #65
    Custom Title mary01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    499
    Quote Originally Posted by andyjo24 View Post
    Please watch the British Eurosport video of Mao's FS, where they comment on the underrotations:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSqG4sRerwk

    Watch the slow-mo replay around 6:30. The commentator even states that the triple flip-double loop combo looped UR.

    They also comment on the underrotation on her lutz: 1:55

    At 1:54
    OMG youre right, they said her 3A might slighty underrotated, but you see that was already apparent in the fake unreliable protocols

  6. #66
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    245
    Did you not hear what they have commented about the triple flip-double loop combo (more specifically, at 6:44) and the triple lutz, ignoring my references?

    Anyway, think what you want. I will hold my own opinion, and you will hold yours.

  7. #67
    Custard Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Creating mistakes you say. Nobody underrotating her jumps like Asada. Kim, Gold, Kostner, Russians, Osmond, even Wagner rotating good. Not all time but majority of their jumps are clean. Asada's all jumps looked short. If this is not a mistake I don't know what it is.
    That is simply not true. Gold and Wagner have also been getting free passes on underrotated jumps - Gold on her triple Loop in the NHK Trophy SP, Wagner on both her triple-triples at Skate America. In addition to the ones that weren't called, Wagner also had the < mark on two of her triples in the SA LP. Osmond? Osmond had to withdraw from Skate Canada due to injury. Not sure what you're seeing there. As for Kostner, well. She has gotten credit for underrotated triple-triples plenty of times in the past. In fact, she even got credit for an underrotated fall in March. Several of Asada's jumps looked short, but by no means did all of them look that way. If you think this is only a mistake from Asada then I don't know what you've been watching.

  8. #68
    Custom Title mary01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    499
    Quote Originally Posted by andyjo24 View Post
    Did you not hear what they have commented about the triple flip-double loop combo (more specifically, at 6:44) and the triple lutz, ignoring my references?

    Anyway, think what you want. I will hold my own opinion, and you will hold yours.
    6:44 I hear them talk about the - goe of the 3A, which is also apparent in the clip, and not a single mention was made about an otherwise clearly under-rotated jump, but thank you for the very reliable references

  9. #69
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    6:44 I hear them talk about the - goe of the 3A, which is also apparent in the clip, and not a single mention was made about an otherwise clearly under-rotated jump, but thank you for the otherwise very reliable references
    Haha. Boy oh boy, I have to be dead-on specific when providing you evidence. Look at 6:50. That is EXACTLY where they mention the underrotation on the 3F-2Lo. Lol.

  10. #70
    Custom Title mary01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    499
    Quote Originally Posted by andyjo24 View Post
    Haha. Boy oh boy, I have to be dead-on specific when providing you evidence. Look at 6:50. That is EXACTLY where they mention the underrotation on the 3F-2Lo. Lol.
    LOL, what a rock solid evidence you have there, the commentator didn't mention any clear underrotation here either, I guess this reference must also be wrong?

  11. #71
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    That is simply not true. Gold and Wagner have also been getting free passes on underrotated jumps - Gold on her triple Loop in the NHK Trophy SP, Wagner on both her triple-triples at Skate America. In addition to the ones that weren't called, Wagner also had the < mark on two of her triples in the SA LP. Osmond? Osmond had to withdraw from Skate Canada due to injury. Not sure what you're seeing there. As for Kostner, well. She has gotten credit for underrotated triple-triples plenty of times in the past. In fact, she even got credit for an underrotated fall in March. Several of Asada's jumps looked short, but by no means did all of them look that way. If you think this is only a mistake from Asada then I don't know what you've been watching.
    I did say ''not all time but majority of their jumps are clean''. You are saying couple of exception. If you think Gold, Wagner and Kostner's jumps are underrotated< than Asada's jumps are double<<underrotated.

    Note:Osmond withdraw after the SP.

    Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    yes ofcourse, the whole technical panel at every competition are blind and so are all the judges, and every protocol out there is fake
    What's more, please entertain me a bit longer
    I'm amazed of you mary01 You are in the every thread where Asada's underotated triples are discussing and posting some angry/dismissing posts And you are criticize poster who open thread about Asada's underotated triples Not suspicious at all

  12. #72
    Custom Title mary01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    499
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    I did say ''not all time but majority of their jumps are clean''. You are saying couple of exception. If you think Gold, Wagner and Kostner's jumps are underrotated< than Asada's jumps are double<<underrotated.

    Note:Osmond withdraw after the SP.



    I'm amazed of you mary01 You are in the every thread where Asada's underotated triples are discussing and posting some angry/dismissing posts And you are criticize poster who open thread about Asada's underotated triples Not suspicious at all
    you see these threads and some posters comments were to amusing to leave, but I will surely ask your permission when I have to enter a new thread in the future

  13. #73
    Custard Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    I did say ''not all time but majority of their jumps are clean''. You are saying couple of exception. If you think Gold, Wagner and Kostner's jumps are underrotated< than Asada's jumps are double<<underrotated.
    "Majority of their jumps are clean" when talking about Kostner? LOL! They're nice when she lands them, but she happened to have two clean triples in the FS at Cup of China. I suppose doubling your jumps can be considered keeping your jumps clean, but a clean double and a clean triple are two different things. In fact, a clean double is worth about the same as a filthy-looking triple. Having multiple mistakes in every FS is not "a couple of exceptions." Gracie hit 3 out of 7 triples at NHK; that is not better than Mao. At Skate America, Wagner hit 3 clean triples in her FS; that was also not better than Mao. Also, claiming that Asada's jumps deserve << when some of Gold, Wagner, and Kostner have a < is a completely inane statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Note:Osmond withdraw after the SP.
    I am aware that Osmond withdrew after the SP. That's why I said she withdrew.

  14. #74
    Custom Title Minze2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by andyjo24 View Post
    Oh well... I will your respect your view about Mao's underrotation although I still firmly believe that many of her jumps were not fully rotated. As a Mao fan, I personally would not like her to receive points for triples that she did not fully rotate (and actually get feedback from the judges about what she needs to work on), so that she would be encouraged to work harder to rotate better on say for example, her triple flip, and so that by the time the Olympics comes, she will be more fully prepared in terms of actually rotating her jumps and not be marked down by the judges at Sochi, where she will not be given any home-based advantage.

  15. #75
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    23
    I don't mind Mao getting full credit for slightly underrotated 3A. Most of skaters are getting full credit even though a lot of triples look suspicious on super slow motion.

    What bothers me most is the fact many of Mao 3A were in fact two-foot landed. Because of that, a lot of time her 3A didn't look clean.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •