Volosozhar/Trankov
Mao Asada
Davis/White (ice dance #1)
Daisuke Takahashi
Finale

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks for the lineup, NMURA.
(Seeing that six men already are included, I wish that time permitted a seventh. ;) Sigh.)

Re the absence of Sui/Han, in case anyone is wondering:
Turns out that Han had been afflicted with fever and headache even before their FS.
He was sent to the hospital after the FS, according to shuchong's post in the Pairs FS thread.​

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
They really honored Mirai with her inclusion in the NHK Gala in spite of her placement in the competition. I don't think that it's just because of the delay during the Ladie's LP. She's always been popular in Japan. :)

samson

Medalist
Wow they were fast with this! I'm so happy that Mirai got invited to the show. She's always great in the show atmosphere so it will be really nice to see her skate again.

Not surprisingly simce this field was so deep to begin with, but this gala is going to be like a COI or an ATS with this roster! I'm jealous of the very lucky Japanese fans who will be there live. I don't usually watch the galas live but I just might have watch this one!

CassAgain

On the Ice
Did they already assign Davis and White as ice dance #1? Because that seems like a major fate tempt.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
If that is the order of the skaters then they have REALLY honored Mirai for sure! If the list is the skating order then Mirai will be going after Akiko, Gracie, and Elena and just before the gold medallists!:biggrin:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Previous seasons, the GP galas showed up on icenetwork long after the GP season--but they did eventually show up.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Mao88 thank you for posting the videos of the Gala! :thumbsup:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
C'mon, Meryl and Charlie,

I know it's just an exhibition program, but that's just blah and unmemorable.

Is this what you really want for your exhibition at the Olympics?

Big fan. Huge fan. But really:frown:

berrya

Rinkside
C'mon, Meryl and Charlie,

I know it's just an exhibition program, but that's just blah and unmemorable.

Is this what you really want for your exhibition at the Olympics?

Big fan. Huge fan. But really:frown:

They usually have a new number at nationals.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They could do a variation of DF or even rehash the old Bollywood SD.

I know they're probably not investing much in time and energy into their exhibition number, particularly this season...

But either of the suggestions above would be crowd-pleasers, and shouldn't take up too much time, I would think.

I'm getting WAY ahead of myself, but I picture the Olympic gala, and they roll out that snoozy number...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
D&W always have debutted their exhibitions at Nationals - however, this year, I wonder whether they will wait till Olympics for max impact.

After all, they have not gotten a lot of mileage out of Fade Into You yet- Nationals, 4CC's Worlds, and now Skam & NHK. They didn't do any summer shows.