Just for Mathman | Golden Skate

Just for Mathman

That's just beautiful. :love:

To relate this to figure skating, my dad and his buddies had a 4-year race going. In the summer they would bike out to Liberty Lake and swim across the lake (the short way), keeping track of the total time. Then in the winter they raced their old jalopies to the lake and skated across (the long way). Dad was the best biker of the group and a pretty strong swimmer, not so hot at the skating part. :)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Good story! Liberty Lake has sure changed...its pretty built up but lots of open country to the south. I would paddle the lake when canoe companies would bring their boats out to the lake for a paddlefest so that we could try all their canoes and kayaks....If you look at the pic you can see the radar dome but its kinda hard to see the antenna farm on top....I will see if I can get another pic from the north east end of the rifle range when we all go out there "plinkin' after breakfast on Wednesday.....wonder if your dad knew Joel Carr who owns the 320 acre gun range? Joel is deep into his 70s now....

That's just beautiful. :love:

To relate this to figure skating, my dad and his buddies had a 4-year race going. In the summer they would bike out to Liberty Lake and swim across the lake (the short way), keeping track of the total time. Then in the winter they raced their old jalopies to the lake and skated across (the long way). Dad was the best biker of the group and a pretty strong swimmer, not so hot at the skating part. :)