Thread: Mao changing her FP jump layout to include two 3-axel!?

Hybrid View

Mao changing her FP jump layout to include two 3-axel!?

It says here:

http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20...030001-n2.html

that Tatiana's assistant (probably Jaana) is coming to Nagoya soon and there will be amendments made to her choreography, and that she will start practicing a jump layout with two triple-axels in the free program.

Well, it actually makes sense. As long as she is landing them in practice, and it seems that she has good success in practice, it is less pressure for Mao to include two attempts. I think she tenses up just a little in competition and therefore can't land it properly, so if she has two attempts to get into the right state of mind to do it as she does it in practice, then she'll likely succeed one at least. If lucky, she can land both as she did at Vancouver.

I wonder what will be left out? The lutz? Or salchow?

Maybe:

3A 8.5
    3A-2T 9.8
    3F 5.3
    3Lz 6.0
    -------------
    2A-3T 8.14
    3F-2L-2L 9.79
    3Lo 5.61

Total BV 53.14

Hm Im guessing she'll keep the program she had at 2010 olympics. She'll probably take 3lz out considering she has that edge problem.

I think she should take the Salchow out since she seems to double it a lot

I thought she was going for 8-triples in the free? To omit the 3Salchow or 3Lutz while doing 2 3Axels would mean only 7 triples max.

3A 8.5
    3A-2T 9.8
    3F 5.3
    3Lz 6.0
    -------------
    2A-3T 8.14
    3F-2L-2L 9.79
    3Lo 5.61

For Mao this is actually less ambitious than before, since that 3/3 never materialized in competition.

Custom Title
    At this weeks' gp she got 6.64 for one 3ax and 4.57 for another. Sorry, i just don't see this as a smart idea unless she executes them flawlessly. At SA she got 7.07 and 3.0. Two out of four attempts have been ur.

Custom Title
    This seems like a bad idea. She can't even do her current layout without making mistakes. Two 3A's is going to make her very tired to do jumps at the end of her program.

The layout I surmised replaces the 3F-3L attempt with 3A-2T attempt. 3F-3L base value is 10.4 and 3A-2T base value is 9.8. 3F-2L base value, which is what Mao would probably get, is 8.9, so 3A-2T is better.

Also, a successful 3F is worth 5.3 and is worth more than a successful 3S in the second half of the program, worth 4.62. And the quality of her flip has improved to the point where if she does the flip as a single jump early in the program when her legs are not tired, she is likely to get good GOEs.

Putting in three jump passes in the second half rather than four will lessen the burden on her legs, and that should hopefully increase her chances of landing the last three jump passes perfectly.

Mao stated in the same interview (http://daily.co.jp/general/2013/11/1...485475.shtml):

「フリーで2回入れられるようにしたい。練習では簡単に跳べるようになっている。自信は80パーセントぐら いある」
    'I want to be able to put it (3-axel) twice in the free program. I am now able to jump it easily in practice. I have about 80% confidence.'

Let's not forget, Mao proved the naysayers wrong at Vancouver.