Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Are I/K done after falling again?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    While I/K are not and should not be done, after Euros, I know that if I were the Russian Fed, B/S would be my number one team.

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    Ilinykh/Katsalapov's program is better than Pechalat/Bourzat's copy of circus theme
    whoa! whoa! Gotta defend my fellow frenchies here! It's not at all a circus theme, it's the little prince!
    He plays the prince, and she the rose.
    Have a look at my introduction to the little prince and sisinka's analysis of their FD and you'll see just how much thought they put into it!

Custom Title
    Oh, the drama! Gotta say I can't wait for the Olympic battle for bronze. At this point I have no clue whose chances are best and whose are worst.

Custom Title
    If they can Elena (19) is going to be youngest olympic ice dance medalist after Klimova. (17) They are most promising young team we have. Other teams like Shibutanis, Chock/Bates, Gilles/Poirier, Papadakis/Cizeron had to work hard for Ilinykh/Katsalapov's skating skils alone. They are so much better than older teams too. For example their skating skills are better than Pechalat/Bourzat and Weaver/Poje. Plus that they can sell every program, even Ghost. How can one say they are falling behind other teams I don't understand. Had a fall, lost a level and you are done.
    Their official position right now is 9th in the world after being 5th in the world.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    whoa! whoa! Gotta defend my fellow frenchies here! It's not at all a circus theme, it's the little prince!
    He plays the prince, and she the rose.
    Have a look at my introduction to the little prince and sisinka's analysis of their FD and you'll see just how much thought they put into it!
    Thank you. I read this. Still a lot of moves and transitions is from circus free dance. I love Pechalat/Bourzat too by the way, just not this dance.

Custom Title
    Thank you. I read this. Still a lot of moves and transitions is from circus free dance. I love Pechalat/Bourzat too by the way, just not this dance.
    I hated the circus FD, but I find The Little Prince very lovely. Surely their intepretation skills top those of C/L, B/S, I/K and W/P.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    D/w haven't made any mistakes in 5 years now!
    Both of them fell during step sequence in 2010/11 at Skate America in free dance.

Custom Title
    Getting back to D/W.
    Were they DONE when they hade several falls & errors in the OD at the 2008 Cup Of Russia ?.
    No, they were young & learnt from it.
    I think it's more wishful thinking from some nasty people on here.
    If you don't like I/K don't watch them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    While I/K are not and should not be done, after Euros, I know that if I were the Russian Fed, B/S would be my number one team.
    B/S always have been the Russian Fed's #1 team, and essentially shoo-ins for Olympic bronze.

Custom Title
    Now they are done!

Custom Title
    I am most happy for Lena. She is away from that toxic environment. A fresh start in a new group and hopefully a coach that will be a task master. Most are placing their bets on S/K since they will be a very attractive pair, and they match up quite nicely. Most believe that K's inconsistency issues can be linked apparently to Diva - Elena so the pressure will be on him to prove, what he believes, which is that he is the best part of the pair. She by his own words is just a decorative cover. LOL. (He should go back to their first outing of Ave Maria in 2011. Morozov actually simplified the choreography to apparently help a struggling Nikita, Lena was handling everything with ease. He screwed up his twizzles even then.) He has been messing up twizzles from the very beginning of their career. What I believe and this is only an opinion, But Morozov really is a misogynist pig. He orchestrated this when Lena found him out to be the real sleaze that he is. Either that or the thought of having a real relationship scared him to death, so he had to bolt. Either way he's a slime of a man, what possessed this stupid child of 17?)

I/Z will be given more time to gel as they are the "injured party" so to speak. I am really excited for both teams, but looking forward to most honestly I/Z, I think they can be really good. At the very least they will be doing very competitive footwork, more interesting transitions and Ruslan when stronger can do a wider range of lifts than Nikita I think. But both teams will have to work extra hard on twizzles. The only person who can do these in their sleep is Lena..

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    She by his own words is just a decorative cover. LOL. (He should go back to their first outing of Ave Maria in 2011.
    Did Nikita said that?

Custom Title
    They both said that. Or Elena agreed to it since it was his mindset. What else was she to do? He is in charge, he is the leader. That is his mindset. She made a big mistake by getting involved with Morozov, but the bigger one was getting involved with Nikita in the first place. Work and love should not mix, if you can help it.

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    They both said that. Or Elena agreed to it since it was his mindset. What else was she to do? He is in charge, he is the leader. That is his mindset.
    Oh well, and here I was thinking she was the "Diva".

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Oh well, and here I was thinking she was the "Diva".
    She has always said she defers to Nikita on and off the ice. If you watched them warming up, or before a program, he was always in charge. Maybe it's different in training, but you never saw diva behaviour from her at events beyond pouting & making eyes at the cameras when they were getting into position.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast