Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Are I/K done after falling again?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    B/a and p/b weren't even there. Silver would have been 4th place. They are in fact awful. They have fallen behind an older team. Ridiculous. Russia Sochi team should be b/s, r/t and s/z. I/k are too embarassing.
    then one spot would be wasted then clearly you don't think R/T are better than I/K

Custom Title
    Elena is prone to making silly mistakes and she did it again. Her partner put on a brave face but he really seemed annoyed with her. Hate to say this, but their inconsistencies make them the Mirai Nagasu of dance. You never know who is going to show up, the charismatic ice dancers or the oops! I did it again duo.

Custom Title
    B/a and p/b weren't even there. Silver would have been 4th place. They are in fact awful. They have fallen behind an older team. Ridiculous. Russia Sochi team should be b/s, r/t and s/z. I/k are too embarassing.
    R/T over I/K?!?! Oh wow. You really hate I/K that much, eh.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    then one spot would be wasted then clearly you don't think R/T are better than I/K
    I think s/z b/s r/t are all better than I/k at this point. I/k going away might mean higher scores for r/t and s/z. I/k are embarassing.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Elena is prone to making silly mistakes and she did it again. Her partner put on a brave face but he really seemed annoyed with her. Hate to say this, but their inconsistencies make them the Mirai Nagasu of dance. You never know who is going to show up, the charismatic ice dancers or the oops! I did it again duo.
    "Oops I Did it agian duo" is brilliant. Mirai nagasu of Id is actually too nice to I/k.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    R/T over I/K?!?! Oh wow. You really hate I/K that much, eh.
    Because at this point I/k mean nothing but failure and embarrassment and ghost fd.

Custom Title
    I don't hate I/K and don't wish them ill. I think they are tremendously talented and it's sad that they have such an unpredictable performance record. Does Elena maybe have attention deficit disorder?

Custom Title
    I don't hate I/K and don't wish them ill. I think they are tremendously talented and it's sad that they have such an unpredictable performance record. Does Elena maybe have attention deficit disorder?
    Something must be a problem! Maybe she or he does have ADHD! Why is this couple totally unable to gather any momentum and maintain any improvement at all? What is their problem? This is something bizarre and baffling and why are they so unable to do well? Do they actually hate each other? Do they only practice once a week? Do they practice most of the week but only for an hour? Why did they have this horrible embarassing result?

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Do they only practice once a week? Do they practice most of the week but only for an hour? Why did they have this horrible embarassing result?
    I know for a fact that they practice while being tied to a donkey. Do you think that's a possible explanation for the horrible, embarrassing result (EC Silver, 1.1points from EC Gold)? Your meds, gmyers. Don't forget your meds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    I know for a fact that they practice while being tied to a donkey. Do you think that's a possible explanation for the horrible, embarrassing result (EC Silver, 1.1points from EC Gold)? Your meds, gmyers. Don't forget your meds.
    1.1 against c/l not b/s or p/b but c/l! Make your stupid jokes all you want but to act like this is a respectable result is dumb and ignorant.

Custom Title
    The actual result wasn't all that bad. They did score 100.97, and they won on PCS.

The bad thing was they lost by 1.01 points. If Elena hadn't fallen, they would have won the FD and the competition, because she fell on the twizzle (-1.00 for the fall) and got only L3 on that element, which cost them 2 points and GOE. They would have won by 2.5-3.5 points overall. Nikita saw that and that's when he got mad.

Custom Title
    The actual result wasn't all that bad. They did score 100.97, and they won on PCS.

The bad thing was they lost by 1.01 points. If Elena hadn't fallen, they would have won the FD and the competition, because she fell on the twizzle (-1.00 for the fall) and got only L3 on that element, which cost them 2 points and GOE. They would have won by 2.5-3.5 points overall. Nikita saw that and that's when he got mad.
    You can point to one or two mistakes that cost them a place or two at many many competitons now. They are not a team where a part of their skating is always continuously awful. Except when every fd was ghost - but they almost always find that one disaster that ruins them! At a certain point it's not just bad luck and looking over protocols to see how many things went well but realizing that something in the team is toxic and causes continuous failure. Just imagine if p/b and b/s were here.

Custom Title

Actually, they could have won even after that fall on the twizzles. They just needed to hit level 3 for their diagonal in hold step sequence. I guess no one can 'snatch defeat from the jaws of victory' like these two.

Custom Title
    I and K have a lot of mental and technical issues. Some say work ethic; some blame Elena and bad coaching choices etc. but to say they should essentially give up, are finished, should almost kill themselves or whatever is ridiculous. They have talent that sadly has not fully been developed for whatever reason but they aren't all that horrific. What I don't understand why almost hatred towards them yet such love to a skater like Alyssa or Mirai who have had their problems (on the ice) like i and K? I and K have never melted down as much of neither Alyssa or Mirai or even kostner (though they hav enot done as well as Kostner either). I would love I and K to skate to their potential sadly I think they could have won oly bronze or challenged D and W had they matured to their full potential - maybe they are late bloomers?

Custom Title

When did he get mad? He was very suportive, even in the K&C after they saw the results he hugged her.
    This thread is getting absurd.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I and K have a lot of mental and technical issues. Some say work ethic; some blame Elena and bad coaching choices etc. but to say they should essentially give up, are finished, should almost kill themselves or whatever is ridiculous. They have talent that sadly has not fully been developed for whatever reason but they aren't all that horrific. What I don't understand why almost hatred towards them yet such love to a skater like Alyssa or Mirai who have had their problems (on the ice) like i and K? I and K have never melted down as much of neither Alyssa or Mirai or even kostner (though they hav enot done as well as Kostner either). I would love I and K to skate to their potential sadly I think they could have won oly bronze or challenged D and W had they matured to their full potential - maybe they are late bloomers?
    Fear. Envy. You see they sense how good I/K can become if they don't give up. Let them hate that's what haters do. As for gmyers I hope you enjoy your 30 pieces of silver because its sweetness will soon enough turn to bitterness. It is totally embarrassing and shameful to read your posts.

Custom Title
    Because at this point I/k mean nothing but failure and embarrassment and ghost fd.
    Actually, you're the embarrassment. And you're absolutely delusional the way you defend yourself when called out for being a malicious hater. You just said they're "nothing but a failure". What's the matter with you?

I bet if they hadn't made the error and won, you'd still spew crap like "Oh well it's not a real victory because B/S and P/B weren't there."

And way to attempt to trivialize C/L too. FYI, that "older team" that beat them was 4th at last year's Worlds. V/T and S/S are "older teams", so should all the younger teams be ashamed at losing to them?

Meryl and Charlie are 27 and 26, Luca and Anna are 28 and 26. Should younger ice dance teams be ashamed if they lose to Davis/White at the Olympics?

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast