Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Are I/K done after falling again?

Custom Title
    Just watched I/K long program yesterday. The Eurosport guys loved it and I was scratching my head! I have liked these two in the past but did not like this program. It was all due to her. She looked tight, with splayed fingers and immovable shoulders. All I could think of was how fluid and light Meryl has become as a ballerina on ice and how much E. suffers in comparison. Don't like Bob/Sol so now must go check out the next ranked team.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    When did he get mad? He was very suportive, even in the K&C after they saw the results he hugged her.
    This thread is getting absurd.
    He hugged her, yes, but his face was tight. Elena is a very emotional young woman and apparently needs to be constantly reassured when things go wrong as they so often do. Kudos to Nikita for being a supportive partner but sometimes you begin to feel his frustration.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    He hugged her, yes, but his face was tight. Elena is a very emotional young woman and apparently needs to be constantly reassured when things go wrong as they so often do. Kudos to Nikita for being a supportive partner but sometimes you begin to feel his frustration.
    I thought Nikita was extremely supportive, especially when Ilinykh could no longer hold back the tears. Obviously the frustration showed, but it's not like he pulled a Barbara Fusar-Poli death stare on her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    Just watched I/K long program yesterday. The Eurosport guys loved it and I was scratching my head! I have liked these two in the past but did not like this program. It was all due to her. She looked tight, with splayed fingers and immovable shoulders. All I could think of was how fluid and light Meryl has become as a ballerina on ice and how much E. suffers in comparison. Don't like Bob/Sol so now must go check out the next ranked team.
    Beauty my dear Scrufflet is in the eyes of the beholder. Meryl I've yet to really enjoy but Lena, but more importantly Lena with Nikita create magic. They balance each other. She seems very business like, while elegant and sophisticated and he full of melancholy even laid back, very soft almost feminine. To me it is marvelous that they've learnt how to not only work with each other but obviously also care about each other a lot.

Custom Title
    chuckm, please, more often than not the roles are reversed where mistakes are concerned. Nikita is nowhere near as technically stable as Lena, especially with respect to twizzles. As Nikita also mentioned in an interview afterwards, because Lena was trying so hard to match him while he was struggling, maybe HE threw her off. This was also mentioned by the British commentators.

Custom Title
    IMO, I/K were gifted on GOE on the twizzles with mainly -2's, considering the second twizzle unison was way off and she fell on the third twizzle. I can't believe one judge gave them a -1!

skating philosopher
    Mods, can we please change the name of this thread? 1.) I'd rather have the thread reference their future prospects rather than something ominous like being "done forever." 2.) While I know the Shibutanis are not everyone's cup of tea is it really necessary to put their name in their mud too?

Maybe call it "What's ahead for I/K (spelled out of course)" or my go-to "I/K's future prospects"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    chuckm, please, more often than not the roles are reversed where mistakes are concerned. Nikita is nowhere near as technically stable as Lena, especially with respect to twizzles. As Nikita also mentioned in an interview afterwards, because Lena was trying so hard to match him while he was struggling, maybe HE threw her off. This was also mentioned by the British commentators.
    this is correct, Nikita is more prone to erros than Elena
    you can see in her eye contact she was indeed watching Nikita and she got off balance and fell

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Actually, you're the embarrassment. And you're absolutely delusional the way you defend yourself when called out for being a malicious hater. You just said they're "nothing but a failure". What's the matter with you?

I bet if they hadn't made the error and won, you'd still spew crap like "Oh well it's not a real victory because B/S and P/B weren't there."

And way to attempt to trivialize C/L too. FYI, that "older team" that beat them was 4th at last year's Worlds. V/T and S/S are "older teams", so should all the younger teams be ashamed at losing to them?

Meryl and Charlie are 27 and 26, Luca and Anna are 28 and 26. Should younger ice dance teams be ashamed if they lose to Davis/White at the Olympics?
    Lol it is not malicious hater comments. Like they didn't make any dumb mistakes? Meryl and Charlie started being successful at 23-22 so it's been 4 years of success starting at an early age. It's not the old ice dance it's the new ice dance and now youth centered. I/k have severe problems and that's just a fact. They need to work in weakness if they can.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Lol it is not malicious hater comments. Like they didn't make any dumb mistakes? Meryl and Charlie started being successful at 23-22 so it's been 4 years of success starting at an early age. It's not the old ice dance it's the new ice dance and now youth centered. I/k have severe problems and that's just a fact. They need to work in weakness if they can.
    gmyers please stop it with your propoganda already!! They can't pay you enough for this drivel. D/W had at least 9-10 years of working together continuously before they made their senior debut. Also having the best coaches in the world helped. Considering what a mess Zhulin has made with B/S this season I can only imagine how poorly managed they were with him. In fact why do any of us bother to respond to you. It is such a waste of time

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Lol it is not malicious hater comments.
    So, saying a team is nothing but a failure and calling for their exclusion from the Olympics and retirement is you playing nice.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    IMO, I/K were gifted on GOE on the twizzles with mainly -2's, considering the second twizzle unison was way off and she fell on the third twizzle. I can't believe one judge gave them a -1!
    Typical crappy GOE judging. It was an obvious -3 with synch being off + the fall. Deductions are cumulative.

Columnist
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    this is correct, Nikita is more prone to erros than Elena
    you can see in her eye contact she was indeed watching Nikita and she got off balance and fell
    Sitting at the ice rink i can confirm that.

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Mods, can we please change the name of this thread? 1.) I'd rather have the thread reference their future prospects rather than something ominous like being "done forever." 2.) While I know the Shibutanis are not everyone's cup of tea is it really necessary to put their name in their mud too?

Maybe call it "What's ahead for I/K (spelled out of course)" or my go-to "I/K's future prospects"

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    gmyers please stop it with your propoganda already!! They can't pay you enough for this drivel. D/W had at least 9-10 years of working together continuously before they made their senior debut. Also having the best coaches in the world helped. Considering what a mess Zhulin has made with B/S this season I can only imagine how poorly managed they were with him. In fact why do any of us bother to respond to you. It is such a waste of time
    They've been together a long time now. Not all teams need to be together from the time they were kids. That's not the history of most teams.

So, saying a team is nothing but a failure and calling for their exclusion from the Olympics and retirement is you playing nice.
    Oh I didn't say it was nice! Just not hater!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast