Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Are I/K done after falling again?

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    No one is done forever. Never.
    That's a little rude to little Suzy. She lost her legs a few years ago. Pray for little Suzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Srin Odessa View Post
    http://ontd-skating.livejournal.com/1111824.html

Back in 2011 after worlds, Zhulin made some public remarks about I/K's lack of dedication. At the time, they were still together. People didn't know whether it was true or Zhulin wanted to save face after their placement at World.

After the split, Nikita fired back by saying Zhulin had neglected them and not given them adequate technical support. Zhulin replied to the scandal by saying that the Russian Federation had orchestrated the split.

Some people on Russian forums said that lengthy training blocks were a major factor in their split since they had difficultly adapting to his training style at a senior level.
    Thank you for this, I didn't know it... This makes me wonder how good would they be if they worked harder!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Thank you for this, I didn't know it... This makes me wonder how good would they be if they worked harder!!
    Everytime they interviewed Zhulin, he said I/K are lazy every single time.

Good thing is Morozov only like them young, so their next coaching change is around the corner.

never say never. I have to say I was really happy to see the Shibutanis doing so well, but if I/k performance was due to bad preparation then I really don't think there should be anything to worry about!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    never say never. I have to say I was really happy to see the Shibutanis doing so well, but if I/k performance was due to bad preparation then I really don't think there should be anything to worry about!
    I/k can't rely on pcs never going lower to offset how little they train he technical elements which resulted in level 2s. Eventually pcs will fall and reflect things like them losing to the shibutanis again. If they don't start training spins and steps they are doomed no matter who the coach is. It's why the Russian federation needs to suspend them and knock them off the national team until they start practicing again.

Custom Title
    Don't drink the kool aid Zhulin is serving, he is a bitter, shrewd old man with many cronies in his pocket. I just have a feeling that we're in for a pleasant surprise with them. My mother always taught me never kick a man when he's down.

Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    Don't drink the kool aid Zhulin is serving, he is a bitter, shrewd old man with many cronies in his pocket. I just have a feeling that we're in for a pleasant surprise with them. My mother always taught me never kick a man when he's down.
    I agree. The same could be applied with the Shibutanis as well. So many people have counted them out and they have proven that they aren't giving up.

FWIW, these two teams are the only ones from their "junior class" to show considerable success at the senior level. Paul and Islam is just starting to show international success, but no GP
    medal yet. Monko/Khailkan stayed in juniors another year, but is yet to hit their stride in seniors.

Custom Title
    Shibutanis kept making really big mistakes like missing the entire twizzles in 2012 worlds for example. I/k have gone into a low level tailspin again and how do they get out of this tailspin. When they left Zhulin and went to morozov it was to get out of low levels. Now they are back there again and what is going on? I read a comment from katsalapov That was just bland and meaningless with no urgency. I wasn't looking for panic just any kind of urgency. I understand why shibutanis wouldn't leave zueva but not why at least Katsalpov wouldn't leave illynkh/ morozov.

They definitely shouldn't get new partners. New coach, maybe.. but they aren't washed up since they are still young and can still improve.. if B/S retire after Sochi (which is a slight possibility, I think), they'll become Russian #1..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    That's a little rude to little Suzy. She lost her legs a few years ago. Pray for little Suzy.
    Huh? What? I am confused?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    I/k can't rely on pcs never going lower to offset how little they train he technical elements which resulted in level 2s. Eventually pcs will fall and reflect things like them losing to the shibutanis again. If they don't start training spins and steps they are doomed no matter who the coach is. It's why the Russian federation needs to suspend them and knock them off the national team until they start practicing again.
    Are they not practising/training? And her we see these ads and how elena is trainign hard and the love of her mom.

Even D&W got 2s (with a dash of many 3s).

http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._FD_Scores.pdf

Getting 2s isn't a big deal. However, there are barely any 3s, and they are mostly 2s and 1s for I&K. Their PCS are much better than the Shibs, so it's the TES that's the problem, 7 points behind their own PCS.

Morozov has done a much better job than Zhulin, but he's only focused on lifts and tricks. The audience did give them a standing ovation, and they haven't received one in a while. Their transitions, footwork, handholds, as well as overall mastery of the content are lacking.

It would be best for them to switch to new coaches, but I doubt this is the year to do it. The best coaches are overfilled to capacity. Angelika and Pascale have done wonders, and they are probably the hottest coaches right now, having transformed Faiella and Scali, P&B, W&P into real contenders.

I don't know about their supposed laziness. It does seem that Nikita isn't in top condition, while Elena isn't either. Their lower stamina and lack of mastery of their moves shows.

Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    ITA with this. I too was personally happy to see the shibs rallying after a bit of letdown season last year.

Custom Title
    I don't know why people always say I/K don't work hard enough. Lazy compared to who exactly?

I wish ice dance rules could be more intelligible to common people. It's frustrating to not know what exactly is wrong.

As juniors, I/K beat the Shibutanis in both face-to-face matchups in the 2009-2010 season, namely JGPF and Junior Worlds.

But since entering the senior circuit in 2010-2011, the face-to-face record is 5-2, in favor of the Shibtuanis and the Shibutanis have been 2-0 since 2013 Worlds. The Russian fed (and many of their fans) insist that I/K have raw talent can be competitive with the likes of Weaver and Poje, Pezalat and Bourzat and their own colleagues Bobrova and Soloviev. Some are saying they could even win bronze.

However, their win-loss record with their couples are:
    Bobrova-Soloviev: 0-3, Nationals; 0-3 Europeans, 1-2 Worlds, 0-1 Grand Prix
    Weaver and Poje is 0-5;
    Pechalat/Bourzat is 0-5
    Cappellini/Lanotte - 5-1

The only team they have a better win loss record is Cappellini/Lanotte. Which begs the question, if they are so talented and as good as people say they are, why does the statistics show otherwise? The work ethic issue is one theory; however there could be other factors in play as well.

However, stating that it's a product of "not understanding COP" is not a valid reason because these other teams, Cappellini/Lanotte especially, have managed to clean up their levels to be competitive.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast