Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Are I/K done after falling again?

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    There's certainly no rival in dance! Any potential rivals have already broken up for one reason or another. There's barely any rivals at all.
    While I disagree with you on most your points, it is a fair statement to say that I/K has had some breathing room because even with their level issues, they are still far and above the other Russian dance teams. They are a secure Russia No. 2. This is a far different situation than in the U.S. where aside from Davis and White the other teams' scores are quite close to one another.

Custom Title
    B/S have been treated as if they were D/W! I/K treated like a great number 2 team. R/T can't even go below third or above third after 2011. Some Russian judges were seemingly desperate to get khokhlova/Andreev to 2011 euros but failed.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    B/S have been treated as if they were D/W! I/K treated like a great number 2 team. R/T can't even go below third or above third after 2011. Some Russian judges were seemingly desperate to get khokhlova/Andreev to 2011 euros but failed.
    You recognize that I&K aren't beating B&S because of lower levels, lackluster programs, lack of political favoritism, and rumors of laziness. But no one cares because they mostly deserve to be where they are. Why are you complaining like it's news? It's getting circular and redundant.

B&S aren't skating geniuses, but at least it's evident they put in the effort to improve and their levels are recognized by the judges.

I&K's Swan Lake had gorgeous highlights, but there was very little complex content in between the tricks. Elena seems to be in much better shape than Nikita who seems to struggle lifting her and sustaining positions. They can't ride on looking good and natural basics forever.

Custom Title
    What you are saying is right! I'm just saying at this point why are I/K still in the sport? Now that they do SDs with 4 level 2 elements and are back behind the shibutanis and don't like to even practice why are they going to gp events and blocking other Russian teams. They can be on ice shows on tv in Russia and the pro stuff there is seemingly very active. Can you believe this team is actually considered locked into a spot at Sochi! With mostly level 2s in a SD! I forgot zhulin has power over a lot of those ice shows and because they may like to skate but not train or compete competing may be the only thing I/k can do! A big question is why do they stay and change nothing when they get 4 level 2 technical elements and not retire?

Custom Title
    I guess one way to look at is if I/K was as weak as they have become are still a lock for the Russian team, it shows the teams behind them are really weak and don't even deserve the opportunity anyway. Russian dance is so strange right now. They are producing many World Junior winners, and all go Senior and do nothing. Coaching seems bad, choreography seems outdated, and they just don't seem to get anywhere. When V&M and D&W retire things will be fairly open again, but right now the Russians seem in no position to capatilize that much.

Rinkside
    I believe that I/K will go to Zueva next year. Staying with Morosov makes no sense in my opinion. I do not like I/K so much but at least they have personality on ice...B/S made great progress but this year they have boring programms, no uniqueness and creativity.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Dyani, Welcome to Golden Skate! I hope I&K will go to Zueva next year-or better yet, to Igor.

Custom Title
    Good to see I/K bounce back from NHK with their SD at TEB!

Custom Title
    Yeah, I believe it was a new personal best for them. Good for them, I really like their SD and I love the way they skate.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Yeah, I believe it was a new personal best for them. Good for them, I really like their SD and I love the way they skate.
    Nice recovery. Look forward to watching it later. Though I still don't care for 16 Tons as a foxtrot.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Indeed it was a PB! And they're really close to P/B! I would say they're far from done... we'll see how the FD goes. One assumes that they increased their levels to avoid another NHK.

Custom Title
    Thank God they are able to keep up with the Shibutanis! I heard ISU awards anyone who a beats the Shibs a free Grand Slam at their local Denny's restaurant.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Srin Odessa View Post
    Thank God they are able to keep up with the Shibutanis! I heard ISU awards anyone who a beats the Shibs a free Grand Slam at their local Denny's restaurant.

I love the Shibs, but that cracked me up. Actually, it should be a free meal at McDonald's! (The amount of McDonald's references by Alex in their last ShibSibs video was extreme!).

I like their SD! I'm glad, I like much better them as B/S.

they are inconistent with levels but if they perform like here
    they have a better shot of an Olympic medal better than B/S who seem to be going backwards again

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast