Are I/K done after falling again? | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Are I/K done after falling again?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Everybody can make mistakes. But you need to forget it, stay in the moment and fight on. The problem with I/K is that time and time again they show that they can't do that. She just gives up and he sometimes loses his focus after one mistake. That's what really kills their scores.

agreed about this, they crumble when they make mistakes
just look at their faces in K&C, they get carried away very easily and they get affected, see how Elena always cries when they make mistakes

They are 19 and 22 :)
I am not sure about the forever thing.

And with their talent and the promise they have shown in Juniors, they could have been challenging or even maybe beating Virtue/Moir and Davis/White by now.

Their basic skating is absolutely incredible, their movement is elegant, fluid and refined, they present their programs really well - they have the whole package!

But it means jack if they can't perform the elements consistently. They have had so many opportunities now...

Of course, they are still young and they can still improve. Who knows what will happen? But judging on all the past drama and their work ethic being questioned, it's hard to maintain hope.

It's just so frustrating... :/

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Of course, they are still young and they can still improve. Who knows what will happen? But judging on all the past drama and their work ethic being questioned, it's hard to maintain hope.

and patience is not a virtue in FS :bang:
really I will have to switch to S/Z next quad if this continues

Mirunna

Record Breaker
And with their talent and the promise they have shown in Juniors, they could have been challenging or even maybe beating Virtue/Moir and Davis/White by now.

Their basic skating is absolutely incredible, their movement is elegant, fluid and refined, they present their programs really well - they have the whole package!

But it means jack if they can't perform the elements consistently. They have had so many opportunities now...

I am with you 100%. I was in love with them since I first saw them skate. I keep waiting for them to finally skate to their potential and start to dominate. Once in a blue moon they skate like they did in Paris and make me believe they can, but sadly they revert to their old habits. Something is not working in their preparation/team right now and they don't seem like they want to address it...
I can't blame her for giving up after a mistake like that. Continue to skate the program like nothing happened comes with experience and she is still young. I think she did an admirable job in smiling and keeping her composure quite well (despite tearing up in the K&C when she saw how close they were) but she composed herself well for the premiere.
I don't know what confidence they have now going to Sochi with their last 2 subpar competitions. The pressure there will be huge :(

gmyers

Record Breaker
Together I/k are a team of massive failure and missed opportunities and must break up. I/k have no future no chance of success. This is pathetic and they should not be allowed to go to Sochi because there's no future at all together. Maybe with different partners. This is a disgraceful embarrassment.

rosacotton

Final Flight
I am happy for Capellini & Lanotte. This might be the biggest thing they will ever achieve. They could win a World medal but they might also never win one with Weaver & Poje, Bobrova & Soloviev, and I&K all probably more favored than them for the next several Worlds assuming V&M, D&W, and P&B all retire after Sochi (and D&W might skate at the post Sochi Worlds). Although the European title in dance is probably bigger than say a World bronze anyway.

:agree:

gmyers

Record Breaker
I am with you 100%. I was in love with them since I first saw them skate. I keep waiting for them to finally skate to their potential and start to dominate. Once in a blue moon they skate like they did in Paris and make me believe they can, but sadly they revert to their old habits. Something is not working in their preparation/team right now and they don't seem like they want to address it...
I can't blame her for giving up after a mistake like that. Continue to skate the program like nothing happened comes with experience and she is still young. I think she did an admirable job in smiling and keeping her composure quite well (despite tearing up in the K&C when she saw how close they were) but she composed herself well for the premiere.
I don't know what confidence they have now going to Sochi with their last 2 subpar competitions. The pressure there will be huge :(

It will be a disgraceful embarrassment for I/k to be In Sochi.

gmyers

Record Breaker
well S/Z are 18/20 and are even more in need of experience than I/K,
so I/K aren't no way done yet

It's now 4 senior seasons -2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014- of I/k being a terrible embarrassment. How many season do they need? They are awful and can't compete. I don't see why they don't retire.

gmyers

Record Breaker
They are not "awful". They're the European silver medalists, for crying out loud.

B/a and p/b weren't even there. Silver would have been 4th place. They are in fact awful. They have fallen behind an older team. Ridiculous. Russia Sochi team should be b/s, r/t and s/z. I/k are too embarassing.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
It will be a disgraceful embarrassment for I/k to be In Sochi.

well, it's a disgraceful embarrassment for you to be on this forum, and yet we still all get on with our lives pretty well, don't we?

gmyers

Record Breaker
well, it's a disgraceful embarrassment for you to be on this forum, and yet we still all get on with our lives pretty well, don't we?

This is nonsense and doesnt change that I/k are done. They'd be lucky to be like b/a to d/w in America in 2010 after this.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
B/a and p/b weren't even there. Silver would have been 4th place. They are in fact awful. They have fallen behind an older team. Ridiculous. Russia Sochi team should be b/s, r/t and s/z. I/k are too embarassing.

then one spot would be wasted then clearly you don't think R/T are better than I/K

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Elena is prone to making silly mistakes and she did it again. Her partner put on a brave face but he really seemed annoyed with her. Hate to say this, but their inconsistencies make them the Mirai Nagasu of dance. You never know who is going to show up, the charismatic ice dancers or the oops! I did it again duo.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

R/T over I/K?!?! Oh wow. You really hate I/K that much, eh. :rolleye:

gmyers

Record Breaker
then one spot would be wasted then clearly you don't think R/T are better than I/K

I think s/z b/s r/t are all better than I/k at this point. I/k going away might mean higher scores for r/t and s/z. I/k are embarassing.

Elena is prone to making silly mistakes and she did it again. Her partner put on a brave face but he really seemed annoyed with her. Hate to say this, but their inconsistencies make them the Mirai Nagasu of dance. You never know who is going to show up, the charismatic ice dancers or the oops! I did it again duo.

"Oops I Did it agian duo" is brilliant. Mirai nagasu of Id is actually too nice to I/k.

R/T over I/K?!?! Oh wow. You really hate I/K that much, eh. :rolleye:

Because at this point I/k mean nothing but failure and embarrassment and ghost fd.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't hate I/K and don't wish them ill. I think they are tremendously talented and it's sad that they have such an unpredictable performance record. Does Elena maybe have attention deficit disorder?