Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Are I/K done after falling again?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    They are absolutely hopeless headcases..
    They are 19 and 22
    I am not sure about the forever thing.

Banned

Everybody can make mistakes. But you need to forget it, stay in the moment and fight on. The problem with I/K is that time and time again they show that they can't do that. She just gives up and he sometimes loses his focus after one mistake. That's what really kills their scores.
    agreed about this, they crumble when they make mistakes
    just look at their faces in K&C, they get carried away very easily and they get affected, see how Elena always cries when they make mistakes

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    They are 19 and 22
    And with their talent and the promise they have shown in Juniors, they could have been challenging or even maybe beating Virtue/Moir and Davis/White by now.

Their basic skating is absolutely incredible, their movement is elegant, fluid and refined, they present their programs really well - they have the whole package!

But it means jack if they can't perform the elements consistently. They have had so many opportunities now...

Of course, they are still young and they can still improve. Who knows what will happen? But judging on all the past drama and their work ethic being questioned, it's hard to maintain hope.

It's just so frustrating... :/

Banned
    Of course, they are still young and they can still improve. Who knows what will happen? But judging on all the past drama and their work ethic being questioned, it's hard to maintain hope.

and patience is not a virtue in FS
    really I will have to switch to S/Z next quad if this continues

Custom Title
    And with their talent and the promise they have shown in Juniors, they could have been challenging or even maybe beating Virtue/Moir and Davis/White by now.

Their basic skating is absolutely incredible, their movement is elegant, fluid and refined, they present their programs really well - they have the whole package!

But it means jack if they can't perform the elements consistently. They have had so many opportunities now...

I am with you 100%. I was in love with them since I first saw them skate. I keep waiting for them to finally skate to their potential and start to dominate. Once in a blue moon they skate like they did in Paris and make me believe they can, but sadly they revert to their old habits. Something is not working in their preparation/team right now and they don't seem like they want to address it...
    I can't blame her for giving up after a mistake like that. Continue to skate the program like nothing happened comes with experience and she is still young. I think she did an admirable job in smiling and keeping her composure quite well (despite tearing up in the K&C when she saw how close they were) but she composed herself well for the premiere.
    I don't know what confidence they have now going to Sochi with their last 2 subpar competitions. The pressure there will be huge :(

Custom Title
    Together I/k are a team of massive failure and missed opportunities and must break up. I/k have no future no chance of success. This is pathetic and they should not be allowed to go to Sochi because there's no future at all together. Maybe with different partners. This is a disgraceful embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I am happy for Capellini & Lanotte. This might be the biggest thing they will ever achieve. They could win a World medal but they might also never win one with Weaver & Poje, Bobrova & Soloviev, and I&K all probably more favored than them for the next several Worlds assuming V&M, D&W, and P&B all retire after Sochi (and D&W might skate at the post Sochi Worlds). Although the European title in dance is probably bigger than say a World bronze anyway.

Custom Title
    They are 19 and 22
    That's the new age of total maturity in ice dance. I/k are just hopeless and need to go.

Custom Title
    I am with you 100%. I was in love with them since I first saw them skate. I keep waiting for them to finally skate to their potential and start to dominate. Once in a blue moon they skate like they did in Paris and make me believe they can, but sadly they revert to their old habits. Something is not working in their preparation/team right now and they don't seem like they want to address it...
    I can't blame her for giving up after a mistake like that. Continue to skate the program like nothing happened comes with experience and she is still young. I think she did an admirable job in smiling and keeping her composure quite well (despite tearing up in the K&C when she saw how close they were) but she composed herself well for the premiere.
    I don't know what confidence they have now going to Sochi with their last 2 subpar competitions. The pressure there will be huge :(
    It will be a disgraceful embarrassment for I/k to be In Sochi.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    That's the new age of total maturity in ice dance. I/k are just hopeless and need to go.
    well S/Z are 18/20 and are even more in need of experience than I/K,
    so I/K aren't no way done yet

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    well S/Z are 18/20 and are even more in need of experience than I/K,
    so I/K aren't no way done yet
    It's now 4 senior seasons -2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014- of I/k being a terrible embarrassment. How many season do they need? They are awful and can't compete. I don't see why they don't retire.

Custom Title
    They are not "awful". They're the European silver medalists, for crying out loud.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    They are not "awful". They're the European silver medalists, for crying out loud.
    B/a and p/b weren't even there. Silver would have been 4th place. They are in fact awful. They have fallen behind an older team. Ridiculous. Russia Sochi team should be b/s, r/t and s/z. I/k are too embarassing.

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    It will be a disgraceful embarrassment for I/k to be In Sochi.
    well, it's a disgraceful embarrassment for you to be on this forum, and yet we still all get on with our lives pretty well, don't we?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
    well, it's a disgraceful embarrassment for you to be on this forum, and yet we still all get on with our lives pretty well, don't we?
    This is nonsense and doesnt change that I/k are done. They'd be lucky to be like b/a to d/w in America in 2010 after this.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast