Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Skating Lesson

Custom Title

The Skating Lesson

I would love to hear their inputs on Worlds, it look like they have no update since Feb 28th. Any information about them?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by JayW View Post
    I would love to hear their inputs on Worlds, it look like they have no update since Feb 28th. Any information about them?
    Yes, on their Facebook page:

"The issue with our server is currently being worked on with our webmaster."

That was on March 23. They do still post clips on their FB page, mostly the British ESP clips of worlds.

Custom Title
    I think its a simple matter of time and maybe a little skating fatigue. It seems that Dave does most if not all of the actual uploading, editing, technical stuff which used to be done by Jenny. Its a lot of work and they put out a ton of content in quick succession during the Olympics. I think he tweeted there will be a wrap-up after the event. I would check this weekend.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzy13 View Post
    I think its a simple matter of time and maybe a little skating fatigue. It seems that Dave does most if not all of the actual uploading, editing, technical stuff which used to be done by Jenny. Its a lot of work and they put out a ton of content in quick succession during the Olympics. I think he tweeted there will be a wrap-up after the event. I would check this weekend.
    Plus, the Olympic recaps didn't feature any clips of the skates (any videos that were put on youtube very quickly were taken down), which was likely why they were posted so quickly and didn't require quite as much work.

Custom Title
    I hope Jenny comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by pointyourtoe View Post
    I hope Jenny comes back.
    I do too. I really like Dave and his guests but I think Jenny provided comments from a different perspective since she used to be a top US skater ( I recall her commenting about how tough the envy and death stares could be backstage in the era of Sarah Hughes and Robin Wagner, for instance).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsamex View Post
    I do too. I really like Dave and his guests but I think Jenny provided comments from a different perspective since she used to be a top US skater ( I recall her commenting about how tough the envy and death stares could be backstage in the era of Sarah Hughes and Robin Wagner, for instance).
    LOL really? :o

Do you mean anyone specifically? I always thought Sarah was kind as much as I didn't enjoy her skating. Robin, on the other hand..

Rinkside
    Am I correct in thinking that Jenny is studying for the LSAT? I thought she mentioned it in one podcast. if she is accepted to law school, she may not have much time to keep up with TSL, at least first year. I really enjoy her comments so do hope she's back in action soon.

the SKL is a huge comedy fest
    guess they ran out of subscribers and good laugh
    good riddance

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by papagena View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that Jenny is studying for the LSAT? I thought she mentioned it in one podcast. if she is accepted to law school, she may not have much time to keep up with TSL, at least first year. I really enjoy her comments so do hope she's back in action soon.
    LSAT! It is really hard, wish her best luck.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    the SKL is a huge comedy fest
    guess they ran out of subscribers and good laugh
    good riddance
    A huge comedy fest? Hmm, is that the pot calling the kettle, etc.?

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by JayW View Post
    LSAT! It is really hard, wish her best luck.
    Yes it is really hard! I hope I'm not mistaken & unwittingly disseminating false info, tho .....

On the Ice
    I love Jonathan's input, I think he and Dave work really well together, they always crack me up! Eagerly awaiting their last recap of the season

#TeamAUS
    After watching that 'recap' show from the skating lesson of the 2014 World Championships, I have less care for it than last year. Honestly, with just David Lease as the main host, i have felt that they way in which they conveyed skating is not positive- its quite detructive of some skaters and the continuous in joke referencing make this sound so exclusive rather than accessible.
    I thought the point of this show originally was to help young skaters to be inspired by the lessons of skating legends to assist in their own skating journey. Not to be joked about and shoved around and being told what they think its best for them like property. They have simoly lost perspecitve. If i was a parent i would not let my children watch it, maybe for mid teens now but not children who look up to lets say Michelle Kwan or Sasha Cohen or our great skaters of today.
    The respect for skaters needs to be there for all skaters.

#TeamAUS
    I do like the cohosts now. They provide alot of insights, especially the one who really likes papadakos and cizeron.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast