Results 1 to 15 of 69

Thread: Asada's 3F, 3FLutz, 3T & 2Lo: underrotated or not

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    115

    Asada's 3F, 3FLutz, 3T & 2Lo: underrotated or not

    At NHK Trophy FS, Asada didn't lose a chance to showcase her strength, easiness and lightness of her skating.
    It was enjoyable to watch.

    But, again, when I saw the protocol of ladies' FS, I was amazed by the fact that there were no underrotation call on Asada's 3F, 3Flutz, 3T and 2Lo.

    1. 3F+2Lo
    I thought Asada's first 3F was O.K. But her 2Lo looked underrotated to me.

    3F_start, 3F_landing
    2Lo_skid, 2Lo_skid_2, 2Lo_takeoff, 2Lo_landing

    2. 3Flutz

    3Lutz_start, 3Lutz_start_2, 3Lutz_landing_1, 3Lutz_landing_2

    It's interesting to see her use the same deep inside edge when she jumps 3F and 3Flutz.

    3. 2A+3T
    Asada's 2A was great, but to me her 3T was underrotated.

    3T_start, 3T_landing_1, 3T_landing_2, 3T_landing_icemark

    The picture titled '3T_landing_icemark' was captured from the different video since it shows a little bit more vivid icemark of Asada's 3T.

    4. 3F+2Lo+2Lo

    Her second 3F seemed underrotated. Maybe she must be tired.

    2nd_3F_start, 2nd_3F_landing

    I think I'm not the only person who found Asada's underrotated jumps except her 3A given the broadcating commentaries and the posts in this forum.

    Hope eyesight tests should be done before the judges are assigned.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    is it really necessary to have to make a thread for Mao's every jump ?

  3. #3
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    is it really necessary to have to make a thread for Mao's every jump ?
    Don't you consider figure skating as a sport?

  4. #4
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,633
    I have to agree: for me, both her 3T and second 3F were UR, I could easily see it without the slow-motion, and last year she used to receive the marks she deserved, when this year the panels seem to be a lot more generous with Mao... Anyway, she's wonderful and a couple of UR calls wouldn't make a lot of difference!

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    626
    Thanks szidon for the eye opening experience, sure is nice to be a cut above judges and tech callers.

  6. #6
    Custard Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    982
    For the LP, the caller was quite generous.

    EDIT: Never mind. Others have already said it.

  7. #7
    Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    914
    It's fine if you want to discuss these things, but opening a thread for every single program is pretty weird. You can 'view figure skating as a sport' too in the NHK ladies FS thread or at least continue in the 3A thread you already have

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,718
    Quote Originally Posted by szidon View Post
    At NHK Trophy FS, Asada didn't lose a chance to showcase her strength, easiness and lightness of her skating.
    It was enjoyable to watch.

    But, again, when I saw the protocol of ladies' FS, I was amazed by the fact that there were no underrotation call on Asada's 3F, 3Flutz, 3T and 2Lo.

    1. 3F+2Lo
    I thought Asada's first 3F was O.K. But her 2Lo looked underrotated to me.

    3F_start, 3F_landing
    2Lo_skid, 2Lo_skid_2, 2Lo_takeoff, 2Lo_landing

    2. 3Flutz

    3Lutz_start, 3Lutz_start_2, 3Lutz_landing_1, 3Lutz_landing_2

    It's interesting to see her use the same deep inside edge when she jumps 3F and 3Flutz.

    3. 2A+3T
    Asada's 2A was great, but to me her 3T was underrotated.

    3T_start, 3T_landing_1, 3T_landing_2, 3T_landing_icemark

    The picture titled '3T_landing_icemark' was captured from the different video since it shows a little bit more vivid icemark of Asada's 3T.

    4. 3F+2Lo+2Lo

    Her second 3F seemed underrotated. Maybe she must be tired.

    2nd_3F_start, 2nd_3F_landing

    I think I'm not the only person who found Asada's underrotated jumps except her 3A given the broadcating commentaries and the posts in this forum.

    Hope eyesight tests should be done before the judges are assigned.
    You should have placed this in your original thread, instead of starting a new one. What are you planning to do, start a new thread every time you think Mao has an under-rotated jump?

    If you wish to discuss Mao and under-rotated jumps, then please carry on the discussion in one thread instead of starting new ones that congest the board. If this requires a thread title change, then you can PM one of the administrators with a suggested change (i.e. 'Mao Asada: Under-rotated Jumps?')

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    You should have placed this in your original thread, instead of starting a new one. What are you planning to do, start a new thread every time you think Mao has an under-rotated jump?

    If you wish to discuss Mao and under-rotated jumps, then please carry on the discussion in one thread instead of starting new ones that congest the board. If this requires a thread title change, then you can PM one of the administrators with a suggested change (i.e. 'Mao Asada: Under-rotated Jumps?')
    You're right. I'll change the thread title.

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    910
    another grudge thread from S Korea?

    Her remaining competitions are GPF at home and the Olympics with the most lenient panel of all. Don't expect anything "favorable".

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    818
    If someone say ''underotated'' and ''Mao'' same sentence, there is angry posts, name calling and S. Korea sabotage.

  12. #12
    Custom Title chapis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    México
    Posts
    642
    No, for me this jumps were not ur, but the 3a in sp looked ur for me

  13. #13
    ~high art~
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    636
    I can only imagine how hard other skaters work to get that rotations in. Under-rotations are not some minor issue, and just because it's confusing to a casual viewer does not mean the tech panel should give a pass to a skater who "looks" clean. Anyone whose any jump is more than a quarter short MUST be penalized accordingly with equal strict view.

    Regarding the original post, yes, the flutz, the second toe loop at the end of a 2Axel and the second flip were so blatantly under-rotated on the landings that viewers with decently sharp eyes could detect them easily without any slo-mo or frame by frame images.

    Both loops of the three-jump combo were URed too. The rest of her triples (2) and the first 2loop were borderline rotated.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •