Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Asada's 3F, 3FLutz, 3T & 2Lo: underrotated or not

Custom Title
    If someone say ''underotated'' and ''Mao'' same sentence, there is angry posts, name calling and S. Korea sabotage.

No, for me this jumps were not ur, but the 3a in sp looked ur for me

Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    And, so it begins.
    I thought the very same thing. Oy.

Custom Title
    All of Mao Asada's "triple" jumps in that LP were underrotated.

Someone posted a video on YouTube that has the slow motion replays of some of her jumps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0ZT9odZUsE

From that video, I see 3A<, 3F<-2Lo, 3Lz<(e), 2a-3t<<, 3F<-2lo-2lo

The best you can say about Mao Asada's so-called "triple" jumps is that they are all landed directly on that 1/4 short mark (if you are generous). None of her "triples" are landed backwards.

The JSF is politicking hard for Asada to get a gold medal in Sochi, and the ISU has clearly instructed their technical panels to overlook Asada's chronic underrotaton of her "triple" jumps. It really makes me angry to see the treatment that Mirai Nagasu gets vs. Mao Asada, when Mao isn't rotating her jumps any more than Mirai is. Mao is just the media darling in the ISU's biggest market, so technical panels turn a blind eye to her underrotated jumps.

Mao Asada's scoring is really making a mockery of this sport. It's not fair that her competitors are being dinged for underrotations while she gets a free pass. Reward her for her skating skills, spins and steps, but stop pretending she can rotate triple jumps. She can't, and the fact that her cheated triples are being ratified is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Someone posted a video on YouTube that has the slow motion replays of some of her jumps…
    Yes, "someone" did.

I can only imagin how many slo-motion and frame-ny-frame videos, with protractors attached to measure degrees of rotation, we will be blest with as the big show approaches.

Custom Title
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Some people have too much time on their hands. Get a life.

All of Mao Asada's "triple" jumps in that LP were underrotated.

Someone posted a video on YouTube that has the slow motion replays of some of her jumps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0ZT9odZUsE

From that video, I see 3A<, 3F<-2Lo, 3Lz<(e), 2a-3t<<, 3F<-2lo-2lo

The best you can say about Mao Asada's so-called "triple" jumps is that they are all landed directly on that 1/4 short mark (if you are generous). None of her "triples" are landed backwards.

The JSF is politicking hard for Asada to get a gold medal in Sochi, and the ISU has clearly instructed their technical panels to overlook Asada's chronic underrotaton of her "triple" jumps. It really makes me angry to see the treatment that Mirai Nagasu gets vs. Mao Asada, when Mao isn't rotating her jumps any more than Mirai is. Mao is just the media darling in the ISU's biggest market, so technical panels turn a blind eye to her underrotated jumps.
    Mao Asada's scoring is really making a mockery of this sport. It's not fair that her competitors are being dinged for underrotations while she gets a free pass. Reward her for her skating skills, spins and steps, but stop pretending she can rotate triple jumps. She can't, and the fact that her cheated triples are being ratified is a disgrace.
    Prove it. You can not go around making baseless accusations like that , because if that is so true how do you explain her getting ur calls before. what happened? JSF only started politicking for her during this event.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCzar View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Some people have too much time on their hands. Get a life.

And you aparently have too much time on your hands to reply to a topic you are apparently not interested in.
    Underrotating jumps is not a technicality.

~high art~
    I can only imagine how hard other skaters work to get that rotations in. Under-rotations are not some minor issue, and just because it's confusing to a casual viewer does not mean the tech panel should give a pass to a skater who "looks" clean. Anyone whose any jump is more than a quarter short MUST be penalized accordingly with equal strict view.

Regarding the original post, yes, the flutz, the second toe loop at the end of a 2Axel and the second flip were so blatantly under-rotated on the landings that viewers with decently sharp eyes could detect them easily without any slo-mo or frame by frame images.

Both loops of the three-jump combo were URed too. The rest of her triples (2) and the first 2loop were borderline rotated.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Not a good enough camera angle on the 3Toe to know for sure. The jump landed right at the 1/4 turn mark, if it took off at the "normal" spot. There might have been extra pre-rotation, though, and I can't see because her other foot is in the way on the NHK video feed.

The first Flip was definitely fine. Lutz was totally borderline, but give benefit of the doubt. I will say, though, that at Skate America she deserved a < call on the Lutz and didn't get it.

Second Flip is very questionable. Would probably still give benefit of the doubt, though. It's the very tippy top of her toepick that is touching down just before the 1/4 turn mark here, and calling based on that is unfair. It was the same story with her < call on the Triple Axel...I would have given her credit there.

I suspect her 3Toe was the most underrotated of all these jumps, but there's no way of knowing without a different angle.

Custom Title
    I think Mirai's URs are slightly more noticeable but I agree that she never gets the benefit of the doubt. However, the person who made the YouTube slow-motion video of Mao's NHK jumps was overly harsh. None of the jumps were <<. Mostly everything looked right at 1/4 turn short and could have gone either way.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    I think the only call that was questionable that I think she got a pass on was the 2A-3T. That could have been called < b/c it was more than a quarter short, but just under 1/2 a turn short.

Other than that, the rest of the jumps were borderline. Everything seemed to be landed right at the quarter turn mark and could have gone either way. The caller was feeling generous that day and gave her the benefit of the doubt, which I think she deserved considering how well she skated. I thought she was wonderful.

Custom Title
    The caller was definitely generous, especially with the 2A-3T, but obviously she should have won anyways and at NHK she's prone to getting the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure the makers of this thread and Mao bashers could list their favourite skaters who have received favours and the benefit of the doubt on many an occasion when it comes to URs/GOE. It's not right, but maybe complain about it when it actually is of significance.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    It's not right, but maybe complain about it when it actually is of significance.

Exactly. It's not like 5 or 6 points would have made a difference in the outcome of this competition. Mao had nearly a 10 point lead over Elena coming into the FS.

Some people just like to complain I guess...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Some people just like to complain I guess...
    Since UR/flutz scrutiny came into effect, people are going absolutely crazy about them. Like the smear campaigns and over-analytical criticism is astounding. It's like, relax people... just enjoy the skating.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast