Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I missed skating on TV again

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    The NBC coverage was listed as TBA on the Guide channel until Saturday by my cable provider. It's easy to miss a skating program. There are no teaser advertisements for them, and the networks don't even update the cable providers in a timely fashion.

It's almost as bad as the days when you had no idea what month the World championships would be aired, or if it would be aired at all, being preempted by a fireman's competition, a demolition derby, curling, or roller derby But those were the days - if skating was going to be on TV, it would be on Saturday at the same time each week.

This is why I'm glad I have TiVo. I have mine set to automatically records 'Figure Skating' keywords as part of the show description. Only risk is if something is higher on my season pass list - so, I do check it every so often.

I will NOT miss it today unless high winds/storms knock out our cable or the local affiliates decide to air football/hockey/basketball. Or, they air an infomercial. That happened one year during an mportant horse race. I had an hour of knives.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    The NBC coverage was listed as TBA on the Guide channel until Saturday by my cable provider. It's easy to miss a skating program. There are no teaser advertisements for them, and the networks don't even update the cable providers in a timely fashion.
    This. I missed Skate Canada, Skate China, and NHK. Skating isn't even on at the same time every week.

Custom Title
    Hi! Are you watching on NBC now?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetskates1 View Post
    Hi! Are you watching on NBC now?
    yes, Hanyu Yuzuru is skating.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by brightphoton View Post
    This. I missed Skate Canada, Skate China, and NHK. Skating isn't even on at the same time every week.
    I don't know what kind of TV you have have, U-verse, Comcast, directtv, etc. But I have U-verse and I can hit the info button then scroll to 'more showtimes' and I can see the future times when skating will be on- and can record on DVR.

Custom Title
    I do have U-verse. I'm so excited, I can see the schedule! Thanks for the info!

Custom Title
    Just re-watched Patrick Chan's FS - impressive landing of jumps, very good everything else. I still feel nothing, no emotion when I watch. There is no joy or thrill or romance for me. Johnny mentioned that Patrick possesses maturity and that he is 'easy to watch'. His two programs were certainly easy to watch and impressively clean. For his fans and him, I hope that he skates perfectly at the Olympics. It will be grand and fitting for Canada to finally earn that OGM.

Quote Originally Posted by brightphoton View Post
    yes, Hanyu Yuzuru is skating.

skating philosopher
    Aw, Jason was the kiss and cry moment of the day! Not surprised; the sheer delight on his face was awesome to see again!

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Aw, Jason was the kiss and cry moment of the day! Not surprised; the sheer delight on his face was awesome to see again!
    Loved how he was leaning forward at the monitor to read his scores without his glasses ... before he reacted with such a big gasp.

Also enjoyed seeing Jason's parents -- they look so young. Jason had tweeted (or said in an interview?) that he is staying in France an extra day to visit museums -- hope that means they and Kori are too. Very exciting trip all around for Team Brown.

Custom Title
    This was my first good look at Jason. I was thrilled. One thing that impressed me was the speed of his spins; another was the complexity of his footwork. I'm really eager to see how he grows. I can see Rohene Ward's inventive influence, and it was so exciting to see something truly different presented.

As for Patrick, how splendid to see him skate a flawless performance. I hope he does this at the Olympics. My one reservation about his skating is that I find his arms rather stiff, especially compared to both Jason Brown and Yuzuru Hanyu. But man, his feet. Such smooth overall skating, and such amazing footwork.

Hanyu did a lovely job except for that beginning, and I can see his style beginning to mature.

Samantha Cesario...wow! I hadn't really seen much of her before, and I loved her elegance and emotional power.

I see what everyone means about the beautiful arrangement of the music that Adelina is using. (The Rondo Capriccioso, I think?) It is an unusually lovely rendition.

Custom Title
    I still think that Adelina should change her costume. It is not appropriate, she is a very young, beautiful lady. She did a wonderful job and I am excited for her. These ladies have tremendous pressure to deal with.

Custom Title
    heh heh adelina's underwear heh heh

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Loved how he was leaning forward at the monitor to read his scores without his glasses ... before he reacted with such a big gasp.

Also enjoyed seeing Jason's parents -- they look so young. Jason had tweeted (or said in an interview?) that he is staying in France an extra day to visit museums -- hope that means they and Kori are too. Very exciting trip all around for Team Brown.
    I don't think that was Jason's parents.

This is is a photo of his parents:https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonbska...11352305197056

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast