Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why was my post on the quality of Elena's skating disappear??

Banned

Why was my post on the quality of Elena's skating disappear??

The aesthetics of Elena's skating is dependent on her anatomical frame, yes? i.e, her not having a neck. THIS IS NOT AN ASPERSION. This is an anatomical fact. ...Elena is at the moment looking too much like the American Christina Gao, who has a neck but skates like she doesn't have one. Such details as the frame at which they hold their spine is too angular, seems too rigid—especially to the contrast when their legs/skates are in motion.

With no neck, there is no slippery competence (or semblance of one); with no neck, there is no off-the-sleeve feeling; with no neck, I repeat, there is no intrinsically feminine quality to skating.

It was mean, stupid and trollish.

And it was not about "the quality of Elena's skating."
    Last edited by Mathman; 11-09-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Custom Title
    Oooh, somebody is maaad. Nasty

Banned
    For saying that Elena's skating aesthetics are affected Elena's not having a neck extension?? Good god, Americans are so sensitive, they can't take any criticism. No wonder their social world are in shambles. They rather make your bon homme idiocy complicit in some nefarious crap than correct people.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    It was mean, stupid and trollish.

And it was not about "the quality of Elena's skating."

Do you even know figure skating? Or you playing dumb for one-upsmanship? So aesthetics have nothing to do with the quality of figure skating? Either you are delusional or liar?

Banned
    Yes, aesthetics include frame and its extension.

And nice of you for calling me stupid. No, I'm trying to critique, which is the opposite of trying to be 'trollish." People who are incapable of critical thought tend to be the ones that like to throw the terms "troll" and "trollish" around, aren't they? People who subsist in the coddling society where transgression and regression is treated like mere precious bane in existence.

Custom Title

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    I would prefer for all of your posts to disappear, personally. Reeks of a troll - an especially ugly one at that.
    I think I'm a "troll"? I think you're a politically correct nancy. Really, the only person being obnoxious on this thread is you. Who are you to set the standards of discourse here? If you find all of my posts "ugly" then perhaps we're both out of place, no?

I'm sure you could care less about my opinions and don't think it's revelant at all. You could of used the right word, but why bother when the wrong and convenient ones are just as good, right?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AllYouDoIsTalk View Post
    I think I'm a "troll"? I think you're a politically correct nancy. Really, the only person being obnoxious on this thread is you. Who are you to set the standards of discourse here? If you find all of my posts "ugly" then perhaps we're both out of place, no?
    Yup. Trolling for attention or responses... Your initial post / thread was made with the purpose of having people defend Radionova(who many people find adorable, myself included) who you are insulting(about something she cannot do anything about, which is a matter of taste in the first place). Then you pretend to be the victim or whatever and try to bait more and more people to argue with you ... That's textbook trolling. I wasn't describing your posts with "ugly", I was describing the methaphorical troll. The fantasy creature.

Please do tell me, what was the purpose of your original thread if my assumptions aren't correct? I cannot see any way for some constructive or worthwhile discussion coming out of that. What were you after?

Custom Title
    I don't think you are mean, stupid, and trollish but rather you don't demonstrate enough of their opposites, and tact. It's OK with some but offensive to many.

Eta that I didn't read your original post so this is just my observation and opinion based on this thread so far.

Custom Title
    For saying that Elena's skating aesthetics are affected Elena's not having a neck extension?? Good god, Americans are so sensitive, they can't take any criticism. No wonder their social world are in shambles. They rather make your bon homme idiocy complicit in some nefarious crap than correct people.
    What the hell is your problem? "I'm not making an aspersion"?! You're just saying that her supposed anatomical lack of a neck is making her skating devoid of feminine quality.

Not to make an aspersion about you, but your trollish comments *are* stupid and mean-spirited.

Mathman is one of the most neutral, happy-go-lucky people here and if *he* is getting angry about a comment you've made, then you probably deserve it.

Custom Title
    You could of used the right word
    *have

And yes you are being a troll if you're criticizing a skater on their neck and saying it somehow shows poor quality skating.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuki View Post
    Yup. Trolling for attention or responses... Your initial post / thread was made with the purpose of having people defend Radionova(who many people find adorable, myself included) who you are insulting(about something she cannot do anything about, which is a matter of taste in the first place). Then you pretend to be the victim or whatever and try to bait more and more people to argue with you ... That's textbook trolling. I wasn't describing your posts with "ugly", I was describing the methaphorical troll. The fantasy creature.

Please do tell me, what was the purpose of your original thread if my assumptions aren't correct? I cannot see any way for some constructive or worthwhile discussion coming out of that. What were you after?
    Sorry, you thought a mythical creature was ugly-- I'm sorry I mistook that for something more profound.

Yes, when critiquing *anything* you run the risk of offending people, of being impolite (You would be hard pressed to name one prominent 20th century critic of the arts as being described as polite), but it was well within the context of the aesthetics of figure skating to bring that up. Context, my love, is everything-- there are no a priori limitations to words allowed in critical arguments. Being neutered stifles criticism. If you wish, I am being imPOLite because I am going against the POLity. In any case, I hate the term 'troll'. If you disagree with someone, explain why and substantiate your argument instead of falling back on this meaningless ad hominem, rather than relaying to me your assumptions (as you have put it).

Custom Title
    I know you're upset that Radionova is a better jumper than Lipnitskaia ... But in your desperation to prop up Julia (including your delusional thoughts that she'll win Sochi gold), it's rather pointless and juvenile to smear Radionova.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    What the hell is your problem? "I'm not making an aspersion"?! You're just saying that her supposed anatomical lack of a neck is making her skating devoid of feminine quality.

Not to make an aspersion about you, but your trollish comments *are* stupid and mean-spirited.

Mathman is one of the most neutral, happy-go-lucky people here and if *he* is getting angry about a comment you've made, then you probably deserve it.
    Yes, Elena's not having a neck takes away from her skating, yes. Figure skating is a lot, if not all, aesthetics.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast