Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Why Julia will win Olympic Gold

Medalist
    [QUOTE=AllYouDoIsTalk;788633]I do not do drugs, but I do have strong alcohol almost every day. I like to have my wits about me whenever I can. But that is neither here nor there.

Well, in fact it may be more here than there, and it may also explain this thread.

I admire your enthusiasm for Julia. These are surely the most florid postings I have read to date on GS. Julia is greatly talented, but I agree with the majority here that 2018 is more likely to be her gold medal chance. The gold is not out of the question in this cycle - Julia has been pretty consistent, and ice is slippery so who knows how anyone will fare on the big night. But realistically, Julia is goingto struggle to keep up with the PCS that Mao and Yuna and Carolina are likely to get, so the odds are not in her favor this time.

Custom Title
    While Julia is maybe not the absolute best skater in the world, she has something that (I feel) Yuna and Mao don't have. Her programs draw me in, I love watching her skate, she skates clean and I think her choreographers are learning to play to her strengths/weaknesses. A lot of criticism of Julia is an inability to connect to the music, they chose music from Schindler's list for her- music that draws emotion out of most people easily. I think if she has good short and is in spitting distance of Mao/Yuna after the short, the combined home ice + her Free skate could put her on top.

Thanks for for joining us, Amei. Any and all Julia fans are welcome here!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    What is wrong with you sky_fly? Did a Canadian stuff too much maple syrup down your throat? I wouldn't mind a durian falling on you.
    A spiky one please LOL But really I don't think I have said anything to suggest Osmond would crush the Russian girls and I haven't been exactly overly impressed by the Russian girls because Julia hasn't gotten through puberty, aDelilna still isn't consistent and Liza can't do a decent short. I am not sure what sky_fly is talking about or why he is attributing things I haven't even suggestion. But my bigger concern is why is sky_fly coindidentally r not seem to be picking on Canadian skaters????? This is more than a trend if you read these posts. My main concern about Julia is puberty - when will it hit. Right now I adore her performances when they are clean and i love the nuances - yes she may have had a wise choreographer but so be it

Custom Title
    Adelina will get her 2 flips back.
    Then she will crush Julia

Adelina will then draw a big frown with her fingers
    That frown will have a big tongue sticking at Julia.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by guanchi View Post
    Adelina will get her 2 flips back.
    Then she will crush Julia.
    Both bend a knee
    to Liza T.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by roundboypete View Post
    Both bend a knee
    to Liza T.
    Haha, that I agree
    with to a T

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    My main concern about Julia is puberty - when will it hit. Right now I adore her performances when they are clean and i love the nuances - yes she may have had a wise choreographer but so be it
    She actually went through puberty issues at the end of last year; there was an article that was done where it was mentioned that puberty/concussion was last year. This link is from her Wikipedia page: Ermolina, Olga (3 February 2013). "Юлия ЛИПНИЦКАЯ: «Лучше это пережить сейчас»" [Julia Lipnitskaia: Better to go through it now]. Figure Skating Federation of Russia (in Russian).

And a lot of girls/teens hit puberty at about her age, 15, and don't really get a whole lot taller, she could be done with her growth spurts, depending on her family genetics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Thanks for for joining us, Amei. Any and all Julia fans are welcome here!
    Thanks!

I could totally see Julia as the next Olympic Pixie in the same vain as Olga, Nadia, Katia and Oksana. But to win the Olympics outright she's going to need help - a lot of help - from Yuna by way of major mistakes. I can see her beating Kostner and a below-par Mao but to vault all the way to the top? It's possible - but as I said she's going to need help. She'll need to skate lights out in both of her programs. Her LP especially is very moving imo.

Banned
    I don't see her winning the Olympics. You know Kim will show up and skate very well, and Asada seems extremely determined and like she will give Kim a serious challenge for gold. After last season I saw Kim as the heavy frontrunner, and Kostner and Asada almost equal 2nd place chances after that. At this juncture I see Kim as still the favorite but Asada strongly challenging her for the gold, and those two almost having the gold and silver locked up. I see Kostner fighting hard to get herself together so she can even hold onto 3rd place with Julia and Wagner especialy pushing her hard for that medal now.

So bronze would be a best case for Julia IMO. I don't see her displacing Kim or a very determined Asada.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    LOL, some of these recent posts made me spit out my coconut water.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    A spiky one please LOL But really I don't think I have said anything to suggest Osmond would crush the Russian girls and I haven't been exactly overly impressed by the Russian girls because Julia hasn't gotten through puberty, aDelilna still isn't consistent and Liza can't do a decent short. I am not sure what sky_fly is talking about or why he is attributing things I haven't even suggestion. But my bigger concern is why is sky_fly coindidentally r not seem to be picking on Canadian skaters????? This is more than a trend if you read these posts. My main concern about Julia is puberty - when will it hit. Right now I adore her performances when they are clean and i love the nuances - yes she may have had a wise choreographer but so be it
    please, so any criticism for Chan, V/M or Osmond is Anti-Canadian ?
    I wish people would get out of their nationalist butts

Osmond hasn't let the World on fire either, her fluke overhype lasted only for 1 season on home ice competitions
    withdrew from SC after overhype from her team despite being injured, now she probably wont compete also in CoR
    where she will score in 140-150 range in a non home ice soil falling on her butt 3 times

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    please, so any criticism for Chan, V/M or Osmond is Anti-Canadian ?
    I wish people would get out of their nationalist butts
    Mine is not a Canadian butt.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Mine is not a Canadian butt.
    But it is certainly a Chanadian butt... there'd be plenty more population after the Olympics I suspect.

I'd love Chan to truly deliver at Sochi, so I can finally 'come out' and says 'I am Chanadian'

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast