Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Why Julia will win Olympic Gold

Custom Title
    It's certainly a possibility, but I think a silver or bronze is more likely.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    please, so any criticism for Chan, V/M or Osmond is Anti-Canadian ?
    I wish people would get out of their nationalist butts

Osmond hasn't let the World on fire either, her fluke overhype lasted only for 1 season on home ice competitions
    withdrew from SC after overhype from her team despite being injured, now she probably wont compete also in CoR
    where she will score in 140-150 range in a non home ice soil falling on her butt 3 times
    Criticism is fine, but keep it classy. Ladies certainly don't act like you. Heck even women don't act like you. You're acting like a bitter little girl and your insults are repetitive and juvenile. Clearly, you have yet to develop even a basic level of maturity and class.

(Although with somebody like yourself, I'm totally wasting my breath.)

Custom Title
    I don't know if Julia's growth is over. I think there's more to come for somre reason. Sometimes it seems like some skaters have 2 bouts of puberty. Like Mirai had 2. I thought she was done at the Olympics but then right after she grew some more.

Custom Title
    A bronze medal is a possibility for her or perhaps even a silver if a couple of world champions will bomb totally... I don´t remember that a lady skater has ever won a gold medal at the Olympics without having stood on the Worlds podium earlier. In Sochi Kim, Asada and Kostner will all get reputation points and higher PCS than a skater who has not been a World medalist.

Custom Title
    I think Julia is a MAGIC skater, considering that she has such die-hard fans

The title of the thread should be "Julia will win Olympic-Please agree with me"

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    A bronze medal is a possibility for her or perhaps even a silver if a couple of world champions will bomb totally... I don´t remember that a lady skater has ever won a gold medal at the Olympics without having stood on the Worlds podium earlier. In Sochi Kim, Asada and Kostner will all get reputation points and higher PCS than a skater who has not been a World medalist.
    I think it was easier to do under 6.0, when Sasha had a legitimate shot of doing so after the SLC SP. The PCS gap between Julia and Yuna is simply too great for her to have a chance at gold. Really, only Mao and Caro can even get near Yuna's PCS.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    I think Julia is a MAGIC skater, considering that she has such die-hard fans

The title of the thread should be "Julia will win Olympic-Please agree with me"
    No, Julia and her skating do not need your or even my seal of approval. You simply look on as a potential convert, if you will. If you are not converted, Julia and her skating are still there as a mediator between you and grace (in figure skating, at least). For instance, in her short program, Julia is attired in blue—the blue of the Lady Fatima's robe. (As a matter of a fact, Julia and her grace would not be out of place in the role of the Virgin Mary in a Christmas pageant.) Like the Virgin, the skating of Julia is love (of the burning ingot), not necessarily passion (of the burning bush). You see, there is a difference between love and passion: love is essentially the effort to sacrifice yourself, to immolate yourself, to another person; and passion is essentially the effort to sacrifice, to immolate, another person *to* yourself. Julia's skating is definitely the former, it hardly intrudes, but more like the love of The Assumption-- it was and is always there.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllYouDoIsTalk View Post
    No, Julia and her skating do not need your or even my seal of approval. You simply look on as a potential convert, if you will. If you are not converted, Julia and her skating are still there as a mediator between you and grace (in figure skating, at least). For instance, in her short program, Julia is attired in blue—the blue of the Lady Fatima's robe. (As a matter of a fact, Julia and her grace would not be out of place in the role of the Virgin Mary in a Christmas pageant.) Like the Virgin, the skating of Julia is love (of the burning ingot), not necessarily passion (of the burning bush). You see, there is a difference between love and passion: love is essentially the effort to sacrifice yourself, to immolate yourself, to another person; and passion is essentially the effort to sacrifice, to immolate, another person *to* yourself. Julia's skating is definitely the former, it hardly intrudes, but more like the love of The Assumption-- it was and is always there.
    I just...I can't even...

Is this guy still on the forum?? It says "Banned" under the name. If he is banned, I'm sad. I was going to open a Twitter account and start posting all of the ridiculous and crazy crap this guy spouts...

Custom Title
    Why was he banned? He was bombastic and pretentious.... but an overwhelming superiority complex shouldn't get one banned... I mean, pangandtongfan's still here, after all.

Custom Title
    Awwww..too bad for the banning, he was a fun but craaaazzyyy inmate in this asylum

OMG, ***. Why is AllYouDoIsTalk banned?? He was just expressing his views with great mastery of the English language - a pleasure to read for sure. What kind of forum is this?!!

skating philosopher
    I don't know if I agree with AUDIT (thanks, SkateFiguring) being banned from the boards. I mean he (she?) drove us all crazy with his (her) pretentious drivel and maybe the interpretation of Julia's skating was a bit much, but I never saw any posts that were particularly horrible. Also, this poster never personally attacked any of the skaters, which I can't say the same for some people who still can post on these boards.

Though I guess you can consider AUDIT's stating that Gracie lacked knowledge regarding colonialism and imperialism as a personal attack?

Admins, can you reconsider?

Mashimaro on Ice
    I didn't see anything wrong with his posts. Exaggerated yes but not offensive. I've seen far worse from others.

On the Ice
    I think he was just pulling our legs. I don't mind him being banned though. I thought his post on Radionova (which thankfully is gone now) was just mean spirited.

~high art~
    I loved AIDIT. He or she was hilarious.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast