Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Why Julia will win Olympic Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Robeye View Post
    I admit that AllYouDoIsTalk made me laugh more than once; on the other hand, posts that are incomprehensible/make no sense are trollish by their very nature. And a few of the more idolatrous posts about his worship of Julia bordered on creepy to me in their tone.

While I am not absolutely committed to an opinion on it, I'm not sure that I agree with this emerging movement to see him as some kind of pet, a tame troll, the jester we like to laugh at, cap and bells and all, the bear we like to bait.

First of all, I think it's a patronizing attitude, and more for our benefit than his.

Second, while it seems a source of endless diversion now, I am also not sure that it would remain so upon prolonged exposure. The novelty may wear thin.

Have you read the short story, "The Monkey's Paw", Mrs. P? The moral it illustrates is: be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.
    Pretty much this.

Custom Title
    I think when you call Michelle Kwan a "competent artisan" your days here are numbered

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Pretty much this.
    Ditto..

Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    Lol, dmd!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    Me, as a native Russian, wants to know what kind of mistakes are considered as "Eng speakers' mistakes"?? If that's not a hardship, of course
    Native speakers often spell words according to the pronunciations since they learn to speak before they learn to write. They have more confusion with similarly sounding words such as there/they're/their, your/you're, its/it's and very interestingly "of" instead of "'ve" like AUDIT did and caught by CanadianSkaterGuy, I.e. he wrote "could of" instead of "could have" or "could've"' all the more funny because his sentence was "You could of used the right word,"

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    ^^ Yeah, that guy was a hoot and a half...a crazy hoot and a half, but a hoot and a half nonetheless.

Custom Title
    SkateFiguring, thx 4 ur answer I've met such phrases before but never given a 2d thought to it..)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Why was he banned? He was bombastic and pretentious.... but an overwhelming superiority complex shouldn't get one banned... I mean, pangandtongfan's still here, after all.
    Why is AllYouDoIsTalk banned and sky-fall and PTF are still around? I am beginning to enjoy his/her posts. I find AYDIT a hilarious troll. And actually beginning to like him/her. At least insofar, he/she has not shown any mean spirited comments like some posters who are still around.

Custom Title
    In memorium of AYDIT. From Chinese youtube

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjMwMjcwNDY4.html

(I don't know mann.... bombastic, pretentious, overwhelming superiority complex... how is he that different from many of the posters here? Although certainly, he is the 0.1% over achiever! )

Seems "talk" is a dangerous word to have in your username. Previous member who got banned was "Let's Talk". Granted, they behaved similarly, so maybe it's not a coincidence...

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

LEAVE AUDIT (AYDIT) ALOOOOOOONE.

Unban, unban, unban! Just give them a strict warning.

Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    OMG, ***. Why is AllYouDoIsTalk banned?? He was just expressing his views with great mastery of the English language - a pleasure to read for sure. What kind of forum is this?!!
    If you say so.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Seems "talk" is a dangerous word to have in your username. Previous member who got banned was "Let's Talk". Granted, they behaved similarly, so maybe it's not a coincidence...
    Yeah, but their screennames were rather ironic. let's_talk didn't actually want to discuss things and just spewed whatever they wanted. And AllYouDidIsTalk should have been AllIDoIsTalk, given the nature of his posts.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    That's was I thought- maybe a new account under AYDIT, just for mostly rambling stream-of-consciousness trollism.

Has dorispulaski not ever said lately that double IDs are not allowed in GS? (I heard that mods can see user's IP address.)
    This might be a reason AYDIT is banned. Of course might not.

And yesterday's his 'skater *** is a homosexual' post(deleted now) might have been added to reason banned.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast