Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Why Julia will win Olympic Gold

I can imagine AYDIT laughing his head off whilst we argue about his demise. The fact that most of us cannot agree that he (I just assume AYDIT is a he for easy typing purpose unless IT is more appropriate) absolutely deserved to be banned is an indication that he does not appear an absolute @#$hole to most of us. Is he banned because he’s an alcoholic and loves rum?

I don’t for one moment believe AYDIT is Let’s Talk, the latter (as CanadianSkater pointed out) was someone obviously consumed with jealousy, hatred and extreme fandom. AYDIT appears a big fan of Julia but has not yet spewed mockery and verbal insults on other skaters. In fact, AYDIT ‘defended’ Gracie’s unfortunate tweet. AYDIT seems to love verbal sparring.

Oh well, if AYDIT is not rising from his tomb, here’s my brief eulogy for him: To have lived and shown your devotion and love to Julia L in GS for that brief moment is better than not to have lived and loved at all. RIP. You will be missed by some

Custom Title
    Eh I won't miss him/her. Maybe if AYDIT spoke this way about Adelina I might have

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post

Oh well, if AYDIT is not rising from his tomb, here’s my brief eulogy for him: To have lived and shown your devotion and love to Julia L in GS for that brief moment is better than not to have lived and loved at all. RIP. You will be missed by some
    A beautiful tribute to our very own beloved Don Quixote. I hope the fair maiden he worshipped is aware of his undying devotion and eternal love.

Oooops, maybe better she never becomes aware of such.

Custom Title
    Just realized that AYDIT is banned. Glad I didn't even bother to understand what he/she commented on my post.

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    If you say so.
    His "great command" of English reminded me a bit of Surya Bonaly's "great command" of the ice. Unfortunately, there's only so much a quad toe can do for you if you can't skate properly, and there's only so much an SAT/GRE word list can do for you if you can't write properly.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Guys, Please don't beat on AYDIT now that he is banned. He can't answer back. It's not sporting.

And Yes, pseuds ( multiple ids) are not legal at GS.

If you would like to discuss the Guidelines, which includes what the rules are, and what happens to you if you break them, please start a thread in Feedback.?

go figure
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamForeman View Post
    Ten years ago I was at a meet and greet with Martina, and I'd read all the books on her, and when introduced I said "It is such a pleasure Ms. Nav-ra-TEEL-o-vah." Which is the correct Czech way to prounounce it.
    I have to correct you there. That would totally be a foreign way to pronounce her surname; Czech always has stress on the first syllable. Long vowels further in the word can carry a secondary stress, but in this case, the long vowels are the 'a's in the second and last syllables (written with an accent mark above them to reflect the length). The 'tyill' syllable is short and does not carry any stress: in fact, it woud be the most reduced syllable in the entire word, and the most difficult for an English speaker to pronounce because the 't' is palatalized.

*Ahem* End of off-topicness. Regarding Julia, I agree with the majority of the people here. She has a chance of winning the gold in Sochi only if the likes of Asada and Kim (or Yu-na? Which of the two is the surname?) have major flaws in their programs, while she skates both programs clean. She has a fair chance of winning the bronze, though.

Custom Title
    I believe Kim is the surname.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by EricRohmer View Post
    Has dorispulaski not ever said lately that double IDs are not allowed in GS? (I heard that mods can see user's IP address.)
    This might be a reason AYDIT is banned. Of course might not.

And yesterday's his 'skater *** is a homosexual' post(deleted now) might have been added to reason banned.
    I was thinking possible double ids but of course I'm not sure.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robeye View Post
    (Have you been getting enough rest? Sleep deprivation can make you see interesting things, or at least make you think you can )
    I was wondering something similar although hallucinogenic substances were the first thing I thought about.

Custom Title
    I wondered what happened to that post.....because I thought it was offensive. Thank you doris.......

Rinkside
    Well, I didn't see the post referred to above so can't say if/how offensive it may have been. But was that why the poster has been banned? Did he at least receive some warning beforehand to clean up his act? As it seems he did have some "fans" of his own and quite a lot of people are wondering why he was (or should he be) banned, perhaps the least the runners of the site can do is provide an explanation?

I actually am a long time reader at GS and I have to say, I have not enjoyed anything recently as much as some of the posts by AllYouDoIsTalk. I never particularly felt the need to register, but thought that's the least I could do to put in a word for him -- that I thought he had a droll sense of humor, his posts were hilarious, on occasion (surprisingly) quite insightful, always creative, and his writing style was fine. Conversely, I found it a bit unnerving that many people were hounding him for using long, pretentious words and at the same time sermonizing that using simple words equate good writing (I know I am simplifying things of course). I agree with that view most of the time for serious stuff, but, come on, sometimes you can have fun precisely because you're doing the opposite of conventional good form, and no harm in that, we're all here to have fun in our own ways (incl. fan wars). I must say I was one of the people that had to go to the dictionary sites a few times and enjoyed the experience of finding out what "obscurantism" is. Did I agree with his views -? Not much, but who cares?

As a long time lurker here, I thought he brought something new to GS, added some color, a new perspective, a variety of style and a spurt of energy to the discourse and made the site richer for that. So was very disappointed when I came back to see what new goodies he had posted and found that he had been banned. Well, he had a fan in me, and made me, a lurker of close to 5 years, finally sign up to do, of all things, say the above. I hope he takes small comfort in that.

Your run was short AllYouDoIsTalk, but you will not be forgotten.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Skating Perspective View Post
    Well, I didn't see the post referred to above so can't say if/how offensive it may have been. But was that why the poster has been banned? Did he at least receive some warning beforehand to clean up his act? As it seems he did have some "fans" of his own and quite a lot of people are wondering why he was (or should he be) banned, perhaps the least the runners of the site can do is provide an explanation?

I actually am a long time reader at GS and I have to say, I have not enjoyed anything recently as much as some of the posts by AllYouDoIsTalk. I never particularly felt the need to register, but thought that's the least I could do to put in a word for him -- that I thought he had a droll sense of humor, his posts were hilarious, on occasion (surprisingly) quite insightful, always creative, and his writing style was fine. Conversely, I found it a bit unnerving that many people were hounding him for using long, pretentious words and at the same time sermonizing that using simple words equate good writing (I know I am simplifying things of course). I agree with that view most of the time for serious stuff, but, come on, sometimes you can have fun precisely because you're doing the opposite of conventional good form, and no harm in that, we're all here to have fun in our own ways (incl. fan wars). I must say I was one of the people that had to go to the dictionary sites a few times and enjoyed the experience of finding out what "obscurantism" is. Did I agree with his views -? Not much, but who cares?

As a long time lurker here, I thought he brought something new to GS, added some color, a new perspective, a variety of style and a spurt of energy to the discourse and made the site richer for that. So was very disappointed when I came back to see what new goodies he had posted and found that he had been banned. Well, he had a fan in me, and made me, a lurker of close to 5 years, finally sign up to do, of all things, say the above. I hope he takes small comfort in that.

Your run was short AllYouDoIsTalk, but you will not be forgotten.
    What an eloquent tribute to AUDIT. Welcome to the boards Skating Perspective! I hope you will offer some valuable perspective on these boards.

I thought AYDIT was using some kind of a software such as:

http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/

to generate his sentences. Alot of it was nonsense and actually full of grammatical errors. And he seemed able to generate meaningless sentences so quickly that I feel there was no way he was doing it manually.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    I thought AYDIT was using some kind of a software such as:

http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/

to generate his sentences. Alot of it was nonsense and actually full of grammatical errors. And he seemed able to generate meaningless sentences so quickly that I feel there was no way he was doing it manually.

It's hilarious people are still talking about this guy. His time on the forum was short but boy did he leave a lasting impression. I can't say I miss him or his verbosity, but I'm sure he's happy to know he has some fans here.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast