Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm seeing a different Adam Rippon

Lifelong Adam Fan KwanIsALegend's Avatar

I'm seeing a different Adam Rippon

Is it just me ( I hope it's not) or does Adam seem to be attacking his programs with a new vigor? He seems very focused and determined this season. I know he had a few foibles in his LP at NHK, but I think overall he should be happy with his showing so far in the GP. I've been on the Adam train for awhile and would love love love to see him break through. His artistry and fluidity across the ice is gorgeous to watch.
    I think switching to Raphael was a good move for Adam.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by KwanIsALegand View Post
    Is it just me ( I hope it's not) or does Adam seem to be attacking his programs with a new vigor? He seems very focused and determined this season. I know he had a few foibles in his LP at NHK, but I think overall he should be happy with his showing so far in the GP. I've been on the Adam train for awhile and would love love love to see him break through. His artistry and fluidity across the ice is gorgeous to watch.
    I think switching to Raphael was a good move for Adam.
    Couldn't agree more with everything you say! I was cautiously optimistic abt the 2013-2014 season for Adam after watching his interview with The Skating Lesson (filmed sometime this summer) and my optimism has proven to be warranted. I think he could be a future World medalist if he keeps his confidence and focus. Watch the interview if you haven't yet- you will be enchanted by him. He's so honest, vulnerable, smart, and sweet. and a GREAT skater!

I had never really been a fan, but these two programs are wonderful - he definitely understands the choreography and what each movement means. He also seems to be faster across the ice than before and looks much stronger. I think these are two of the best programs of the season

Custom Title
    I have been a fan of Adam's since the first time I saw him skate. Seeing him "live" at the 2012 Nats just proved how utterly graceful he is on the ice. I'm so glad to see him getting some consistency back in his skating. Moving to Artoonian (sp?) was a great move for him. Adam's style of skating is pleasing to me (versus Max Aaron's herky jerky movements for example) He finishs every move, his spins are tight and he just has a polish about him. Even tho he had some problems in his LP at NHK, he never let up or gave up. He does seem to have a new determination this season and I'm glad for it.

Custom Title
    I am on the Rippon bandwagon this season too. Adam has taken his skating to a new level. He seemed delicate to me in previous seasons but this year there is a strength and confidence to his skating while he has retained his artistry. He has the whole package. I hope he makes the Olympic team.

Custom Title
    Adam has improved a lot since last season. I love everything about his skating and the new programmes are great! I really hope he wins nationals and makes the Olympic team. Btw, today is Adam's birthday!

Custom Title
    I have always enjoyed his skating and I am happy he is finally skating better and more consistently.

Definitely improvement this season. Good on Adam.

by far best male out there this season re programs-adore this kid-really coming to his peak this season I hope.

I've always enjoyed Adam's skating and agree that he seems more powerful and faster this season. It appears that Rafael has helped him gain consistency with the 3A and progress on the 4T and 4Z. Really hope Adam makes the Olympic team!

Is anyone else a big Adam Rippon fan?

I think he is adorable and have loved his skating for years. He is who I watch first this year. Love the programs...did Buttle do his? Who is his coach? I knew he was with Orser- a few people left when YuNa did. Anyone know why he left Orser?

When I look at Javi, I see an Orser clone. Adam is more consistent now, and he outshines Jeremy at his best. I so want him in Sochi. So as far as the most elegant skaters in the world, I think he can outshine Chan and Dai on their best days, Adam at 23 is the real deal. He seems so true to himself, no artifice going on like this year's version national champ.

Custom Title
    No, just a regular fan.

Custom Title
    I am, skateluvr! He's really come into his own this year and I'm so impressed with his programs, maturity, poise, and charisma. Love him! My 11 yr old stepdaughter has a huge crush on him!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by MFarone View Post
    I've always enjoyed Adam's skating and agree that he seems more powerful and faster this season. It appears that Rafael has helped him gain consistency with the 3A and progress on the 4T and 4Z. Really hope Adam makes the Olympic team!
    Agree all around. The fierce fighter that oozed with confidence that I remember from Hackensack has reemerged. He is a nice guy and a hard worker. I hope he is the National champ this year!

I've always liked him since the first time I saw him (don't remember the exact year/competition). In 2010 we attended the Liberty Summer Competition in Aston, PA for the first time. Adam wasn't competing there, but he was being monitored by the USFS (this was also when Brian Orser was coaching him). We got to see Adam skating for about a half hour straight through on one of the practice rinks. What a joy to watch him!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast