Thread: Brian Joubert Interview

Brian Joubert Interview

Interview with Brian with Absolute Skating.

Brian will be training with Morozov in Russia for a few weeks.

http://www.absoluteskating.com/index...14brianjoubert

Custom Title
    I didn't know where to put this before. There's another recent interview with him which I found rather interesting: Brian Joubert: I would like to try pair skating, as my old dream. Can you imagine it?

Custom Title
    thanks for these links. to both interviews. really...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bea View Post
    I didn't know where to put this before. There's another recent interview with him which I found rather interesting: Brian Joubert: I would like to try pair skating, as my old dream. Can you imagine it?
    I remember when he first became big on the international scene and there was an interview where he said that he wanted Men-singles gold in that upcoming Olympics and the next Olympics pairs gold.

And I believe he's been talking about it for a few years now? As I understand it, he plans on becoming a coach, and thinks that the experience of doing pair's skating will help with that.

Note: for some reason I'm not getting any text on the second (the pair skating) link - only the headline & two pictures. Am I doing something wrong?

Medalist
    He has been at the top for so long. He could still podium though he also could be out of the top ten I am not sure what to expect. My only fear with the no free program is that it doesn't sell his personality - maybe it is something in the water but the French men have been known for their charisma - joubert, candelero, amodio even Laurent Torbil (not sure his name but he was really tall and awkward looking).

I think it might actually help him that he isn't generally considered a medal contender now as opposed to 2006 & 2010 - with the pressure. And Vancouver set the bar pretty low, so he is very likely to perform better than that...

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
    maybe it is something in the water but the French men have been known for their charisma - joubert, candelero, amodio even Laurent Torbil (not sure his name but he was really tall and awkward looking).
    Laurent Tobel - yup, he was special!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzpT8vn4ZzQ