2) Moore-Towers/Moscovitch
3) Purich/Tran

Ice Dance:
1) Virtue/Moir
2) Waever/Poje
3) Paul/Islam

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
That's a bold prediction for the ladies, sk8hrd! Wow. I think you deserve some sort of prize if you're right. :)

Men
1)Chan
2)Reynolds
3)Ten

Ladies
1)Osmond
2)Daleman
3)Lacoste (but will make the Sochi team)

Pairs
1)Moore-Towers/Moscovitch
2)Duhamel/Radford
3)Lawrence/Swiegers

Dance
1)Virute/Moir
2)Weaver/Poje
3)Paul/Islam

sk8hrd

Rinkside
I know, Chartrand coming 2nd is a long shot, but if she can keep her nerves under control I think she can do it. As for Daleman I think she has what it takes. Osmond has been injured to much this season and as long as SC doesn't inflate her PCS, Daleman will win. She has the jumps and spins and I have heard she is really working on the PCS part of her skating. Lacoste won't podium as she'll do her usual at Nationals and pop at least two jumps.

sbstien

Rinkside
As for Daleman I think she has what it takes. Osmond has been injured to much this season and as long as SC doesn't inflate her PCS, Daleman will win. She has the jumps and spins and I have heard she is really working on the PCS part of her skating.

Daleman has the jumps and the spins but she is not yet mature enough to have PCS Osmond and Lacoste have. However, she deserves the second spot for the Olympics.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
MEN

1) Chan 2) Reynolds 3) Rogozine or Balde - I can't decide!

LADIES

1) Osmond 2) Lacoste (she's doing better under Krall) 3) Daleman

PAIRS

1) D/R 2) MT/M (but it'll be close) 3) Purich/Tran by a smidgen over Lawrence/Swiegers

DANCE

1) V/M 2) W/P 3) Gilles/Poirier but won't get the Sochi spot due to her lack of citizenship.. the spot will likely go to O/W or maybe P/I

NorthernDancers

On the Ice
MEN:

1) Chan 2) and 3) are going to be hard to call because Reynolds has not yet skated internationally and we don't know how he's doing, Rogozine and Balde can both really mess up on some days of the week, and others are perhaps improving silently out of the spotlight.

LADIES

1) Lacoste 2) Osmond 3) unknown...could be Daleman or a number of others. With Osmond's injury, and some time for Lacoste to develop with Krall, there's a chance she could win the title.

PAIRS

1) Moore-Towers/Moscovitch (it's easier being the under-dog, and D/R are not coping well with the mantel of champions this season) 2) Duhamel/Radford 3) Lawrence/Sweigers (the rest just are not developed enough yet)

DANCE

1) Virtue/Moir 2) Weaver/Poje 3) Paul/Islam (Assuming Paul/Islam are clean, I think 3rd spot is there's, and they've received the best scores of the other Canadian teams internationally. Gilles/Poirier need some time yet to clean up their basics, although I love their creativity this season. Ralph/Hill could slip into position if these 2 teams falter. I think Orford/Williams have not stepped up their game enough to factor in the mix. It will be interesting to see the rest of the teams at Challenge this week. The dance field in Canada is rich and deep.)

nadster

Final Flight
My thoughts

Ladies: A lot will depend on how Osmond skates at challenge. For now:

1. Lacoste ( her nerves and technique on toe picking jumps has improved under Krall )
2. Osmond ( could be higher or lower based on what I see at challenge )
3. Daleman

Men:

1. Chan
2. Reynolds ( even a rusty Reynolds would be miles ahead of this field.
3. Ten or Balde. Ten worked with a good jump coach over the summer and his triple axel is more consistent. I think Balde has benefitted from training with Chan as well.

My other darkhorse for 3rd is Firus. The fact he missed the summer hurt him but he is under Krall now and if Krall can do to him what she did to Lacoste, he could snag the bronze here.

Rogozine has gone backwards and has skated badly not only internationally but domestically as well . He only finished 4th at the Central Ontario section behind 2 skaters who aren't even attempting triple axels. He also only landed one clean triple in the FS in the Octoberfesst competition in Barrie. Rogozine also does not have a good history of competing at nationals as well and I think that could hurt him especially in an Olympic year.

Dance and pairs : See northerndancers comments. I can't add any more there.

cynthia24

On the Ice
My predictions for the nationals

Men:
Chan
Reynolds
Balde/ten

Ladies
Osmond (even if she has a bad skate)
Daleman (deserves to go to Sochi, has improved a lot, has huge jumps and gets better in her PCS
Lacoste

Pairs
Moore-Towers/Moscovitch
Duhamel/Radford
Lawrence/Swiegers

Dance
Virute/Moir
Weaver/Poje
Paul/Islam

I think the ladies competition will be a hard fight!!! Looking forward to it.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Men:
Chan
Reynolds
Rogozine

Ladies:
Osmond
Daleman (who is skating well and should easily best Lacoste, maybe even win If Osmond struggles)
Lacoste (her overall skating and grit is better under Krall but I think it might be too late given Osmond's practical bye and Daleman's technical superiority... Even Chartrand might beat her again).

Pairs: (obviously close but D/R have struggled more than M-T/M this year)
MT/M
D/R
L/S

Ice Dance:
V/M
W/P (I think they'll make it close)
P/I

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Men:
1. Chan
2. Reynolds
3. Rogozine

Ladies:
1. Osmond
2. Lacoste
3. Daleman

Pairs:
1. Moore-Towers/Moscovitch
2. Duhamel/Radford
3. Lawrence/Swiegers

Dance:
1. Virtue/Moir
2. Weaver/Poje
3. Gilles/Poirier

spikydurian

Medalist
Men:
1. Chan
2. Reynolds
3. Balde

Ladies:
1. Osmond
2. Daleman
3. Lacoste

Pairs:
1. Duhamel/Radford
2. Moore-Towers/Moscovitch
3. Lawrence/Swiegers

Dance:
1. Virtue/Moir
2. Weaver/Poje
3. Gilles/Poirier

sk8hrd

Rinkside
After the challenge I need to adjust my picks
Men:
1) Chan
2) Reynolds
3) Balde

Ladies:
1) Daleman
2) Osmond
3) Lacoste
4) Chartrand (her nerves just get the best of her and this was really evident in Regina)

Pairs:
1) Duhamen/Radford
2) Moore-Towers/Moscovitch
3) Purich/Tran

Ice Dance:
1) Virtue/Moir
2) Waever/Poje
3) Paul/Islam

emdee

Final Flight
Men:
1. Chan
2. Reynolds
3. Balde

Ladies:
1. Osmond
2. Daleman
3. Lacoste

Pairs:
1. Duhamel/Radford
2. Moore-Towers/Moscovitch
3. Lawrence/Swiegers

Dance:
1. Virtue/Moir
2. Weaver/Poje
3. Gilles/Poirier

This is my prediction too. I thik P&I will make errors and GP will get the nod.

emdee

Final Flight
I predict P/I will not make mistakes ;) beyond that, I'll have think a bit..
I hope this is the case too but somehow I am sceptical. I saw them live twice and loved them. Havent seen GP live this season.
Looking forward to seeing them both this weekend.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
My thoughts

Ladies: A lot will depend on how Osmond skates at challenge. For now:

1. Lacoste ( her nerves and technique on toe picking jumps has improved under Krall )
2. Osmond ( could be higher or lower based on what I see at challenge )
3. Daleman

Men:

1. Chan
2. Reynolds ( even a rusty Reynolds would be miles ahead of this field.
3. Ten or Balde. Ten worked with a good jump coach over the summer and his triple axel is more consistent. I think Balde has benefitted from training with Chan as well.

My other darkhorse for 3rd is Firus. The fact he missed the summer hurt him but he is under Krall now and if Krall can do to him what she did to Lacoste, he could snag the bronze here.

Rogozine has gone backwards and has skated badly not only internationally but domestically as well . He only finished 4th at the Central Ontario section behind 2 skaters who aren't even attempting triple axels. He also only landed one clean triple in the FS in the Octoberfesst competition in Barrie. Rogozine also does not have a good history of competing at nationals as well and I think that could hurt him especially in an Olympic year.

Dance and pairs : See northerndancers comments. I can't add any more there.

Better yet if Krall can do what she did for Patty this would be awesome for Balde.