Who is best Russian lady? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Who is best Russian lady?

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I don't think that's necessarily true though. The base value of the 3F is 5.3. Base value of the 3L is 5.1.

She's killing her shot at winning for 0.2 of a point! She can make that up in GOE easily.

This system is about playing with the points and making it work. Adelina and her team aren't playing the game to win...

She may not need all that CSG is referring to in order to win a regular grand prix or Europeans, but she would need everything she is currently trying to win the Olympics or Worlds, which I get the impression is her goal.

hanca

Record Breaker
Who exactly is this Gracie you are referring to? Surely not Gracie Gold, who fell apart in the FS at SC and dropped from 1st to 3rd...not the same Gracie who completed only 3 triples in the FS and missed the podium at NHK. No way it's the same Gracie who hasn't won a single senior level event but yet is somehow having a better senior career. Can't be that Gracie girl who is every bit as hit or miss as Adelina is.

Surely that can't be the Gracie to whom you're referring...because that'd just be stupid.:sarcasm:

Exactly. People here talked about Adelina as if she failed because she was second in her event, but no one seemed to 'notice' that Gracie is 3rd and 4th at her events!

hanca

Record Breaker
Fact about Sotnikova: for 3 years now, she has not won a gold medal in a GP series
I can't think of another skaters whose inconsistency is as bad as her
No European Gold or GP medal gold at all, her senior career so far has been a failure

Hmmm, not everyone can win gold medal. There is only one gold medal, in case you didn't notice. However, she did win 4 medals out of five GP events she has skated so far. fine, they are not gold; three are bronze and one silver, but they are still medals. She also one one medal out of two championships she attended (silver at the Europeans).

If you can't see another skater whose inconsistency is as bad, how many GP medals does Gracie have? 2 our of four events. Also, none of them gold medal. And how many medals at senior championships? She did attend 4 continents and Worlds last year...2 championships, no medals...

I think someone here has some double standards.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Hmmm, not everyone can win gold medal. There is only one gold medal, in case you didn't notice. However, she did win 4 medals out of five GP events she has skated so far. fine, they are not gold; three are bronze and one silver, but they are still medals. She also one one medal out of two championships she attended (silver at the Europeans).

If you can't see another skater whose inconsistency is as bad, how many GP medals does Gracie have? 2 our of four events. Also, none of them gold medal. And how many medals at senior championships? She did attend 4 continents and Worlds last year...2 championships, no medals...

I think someone here has some double standards.
It's not about gold at this point. She can't compete, she is very consistent in terms of bombing. That's the worst case for a sportsman..

hanca

Record Breaker
It's not about gold at this point. She can't compete, she is very consistent in terms of bombing. That's the worst case for a sportsman..

Are you talking about Gracie Gold or Adelina Sotnikova? Because they are both inconsistent. In fact, we can ad to them also Osmond, Tuktamysyeva and most of the skaters at senior level. The only girls that are consistent at the moment are Lipnitskaya and Radionova.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Yes but gold can go up in the standings after a lp but sotnikova can't. So If sotnikova is 3rd or lower she can't improve to 2nd or 1st or really even stay at third.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
You were being semi-objective for a while there sky_fly but then you went all crazy again.

Adelina has only been a senior for 3 years. She's only been to Euros once and she placed 2nd...she's medaled in 4 out of 5 GP events to date. True she hasn't won GP gold yet but I would hardly call her senior career a failure.

Give credit where credit is due. She's hasn't lived up to her potential yet but by no means is she a failure and given that she's only 17, she's done a lot more than most skaters her age and she has the potential to finally get herself together one day and do even more.

Ease up a little, sky_fly...:eek:hwell:

I know! You said it... 4 out of 5 events, and likely 5 out of 6 where she medals. That is not a failure by any stretch.

Plus she totally should have won Euros last year, anyways.

hanca

Record Breaker
Yes but gold can go up in the standings after a lp but sotnikova can't. So If sotnikova is 3rd or lower she can't improve to 2nd or 1st or really even stay at third.

Gold can go up in standings after LP? Gold lost the medal because she messed up her LP on her GP. She dropped in standings like a stone. You did notice that Gold is now out of GPF, didn't you?

gmyers

Record Breaker
Gold can go up in standings after LP? Gold lost the medal because she messed up her LP on her GP. She dropped in standings like a stone. You did notice that Gold is now out of GPF, didn't you?

I just didn't include her last gp but like for sotnikova included nationals and other events. Look how gold went from 9 to 2 and sotnikova is like 1-3 last gp 1-3 euros 8-10 worlds 1-5 wtt and on and on it's endless.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I just didn't include her last gp but like for sotnikova included nationals and other events. Look how gold went from 9 to 2 and sotnikova is like 1-3 last gp 1-3 euros 8-10 worlds 1-5 wtt and on and on it's endless.

Personally, I'd rather be in a position to win and bomb, than bomb in the SP and remove my chances of winning. Perhaps Sotnikova will actually skate a good FS at TEB with not being in the lead.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Adelina has only been a senior for 3 years. She's only been to Euros once and she placed 2nd...she's medaled in 4 out of 5 GP events to date. True she hasn't won GP gold yet but I would hardly call her senior career a failure.

Give credit where credit is due. She's hasn't lived up to her potential yet but by no means is she a failure and given that she's only 17, she's done a lot more than most skaters her age and she has the potential to finally get herself together one day and do even more.

This. The vitriol directed toward Adelina by many on the boards is puzzling. By any objective standard, she has had a very successful senior career- so successful, in fact,that most figure skaters, even elite ones, could only dream of it. Her only truly poor international showing has been at the World championships where she placed 9th. In the world for god's sake. If there is shame in that, then there's shame in almost anything.

The nastiness directed toward her is primarily because, IMO, people are disappointed she hasn't lived up to her 'potential' as they see it. If people could let go of this whole 'potential' idea, they'd see she's doing quite well for herself.

Please note I am NOT a huge Adelina fan- Julia is my girl.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Personally, I'd rather be in a position to win and bomb, than bomb in the SP and remove my chances of winning. Perhaps Sotnikova will actually skate a good FS at TEB with not being in the lead.

Previous competitions indicate this is unlikely.

This. The vitriol directed toward Adelina by many on the boards is puzzling. By any objective standard, she has had a very successful senior career- so successful, in fact,that most figure skaters, even elite ones, could only dream of it. Her only truly poor international showing has been at the World championships where she placed 9th. In the world for god's sake. If there is shame in that, then there's shame in almost anything.

The nastiness directed toward her is primarily because, IMO, people are disappointed she hasn't lived up to her 'potential' as they see it. If people could let go of this whole 'potential' idea, they'd see she's doing quite well for herself.

Please note I am NOT a huge Adelina fan- Julia is my girl.

Her not living up to her potential is really bafflingly and frustratingly remedied by stopping trying to do 2 flips In a free skate! Lol it's so silly. If she does two flips she pops one or falls and the leaves out 2 vital point getting double jumps. Then there is the new lutz loop combo which really came back to bite her as she inevitably got Flutz call and << call. It finally happened. This kind of insanely poor planning needs remedy! Why Flutz dg loop? Why 2 flips? What's going on? Why the sabotage?

gmyers

Record Breaker
apparently its because she does them perfectly in trainings, of course its enough :sarcasm:
and Sotnikova herself insists on doing the two 3F in FS, read a recent interview with her coach Buyanova: http://fsrussia.ru/news/882_elena-v...oblemy-to-ej-ne-strashna-nikakaya-sopernica/# :disapp:

maybe she is brainwashed by her team of thinking her 3F is her money jump ?

Sure its frustrating for her not to be able to do 2 flips and she can't understand why she can't do 2 flips but just embrace you can't do what you plan 3F and 3F-2t-2t and just move on! Just change the plan! Right now she is choosing to chase a 2 flip free skate at the expense of going to the Olympics.

CarneAsada

Medalist
Sure its frustrating for her not to be able to do 2 flips and she can't understand why she can't do 2 flips but just embrace you can't do what you plan 3F and 3F-2t-2t and just move on! Just change the plan! Right now she is choosing to chase a 2 flip free skate at the expense of going to the Olympics.

She landed a great 3F in the SP today, however. Maybe she has finally found consistency - oh wait...

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
well I used to be one of her biggest fan
but her inconsistency really killed it for me
I get turned off immediately by headcases

she needs to look at Julia and Gracie who are more consistent and have done well in their senior careers so far

Well why don't you just not watch or comment on Adelina's skating then since you hate it so much and let the rest of us enjoy it?